Make STR give Hit rate - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make STR give Hit rate

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 humantouch

humantouch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

To balance STR stat for melees to DEX stat to rangeds, I thought about making STR give hit rate. STR only does 2 things(dmg and weight) while DEX does 2 significantly does things(dmg and hit for ranged characters), hit is very valuable. So that melees can balance with ranged with stat allocation. But this is roughly analyzed.

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Then they would have to make dex raise weight limit too to be fair to ranged characters? And that's way too easy to become more overpowered then. Raising damage and hit. Could get more of another stat when that eliminates the need for dex.

#3 humantouch

humantouch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Then they would have to make dex raise weight limit too to be fair to ranged characters? And that's way too easy to become more overpowered then. Raising damage and hit. Could get more of another stat when that eliminates the need for dex.

What if weight limit becomes fixed for each job? Is it good?

#4 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ
  • Server:My Own Uprising

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

What if weight limit becomes fixed for each job? Is it good?

Posted Image

#5 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

But DEX increases ASPD!

#6 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Unless you're playing classic, you shouldn't leave any stat (except luk maybe) at 1 on stat build. There is no real issue on most classes with hit rate except with mvp monsters and high flees like Eremes Guile...

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

This topic is going to go good places, I can tell <3

#8 humantouch

humantouch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

Unless you're playing classic, you shouldn't leave any stat (except luk maybe) at 1 on stat build. There is no real issue on most classes with hit rate except with mvp monsters and high flees like Eremes Guile...

I thought, you need around 70-90 DEX to have good hit rate. It's pretty hefty. Removing hit rate from DEX with melee weapons too, could it be feasible.

This topic is going to go good places, I can tell <3

Is that sarcastic? :p_laugh:

#9 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

You only need to have 1 dex and be level 150 to hit everyone on WoE.

#10 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

no

#11 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

The damage bonus to ranged weapons from dexterity is FAR greater than the damage bonus from strength to melee weapons. I have seen rangers get even more damage with physical attacks than anything else in game save poison Guillotine Crosses.

#12 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I assume we're talking about Renewal here, so let me ask something... What class in this game isn't going to get some Dex?

At 150 you have enough stat points to get 4 stats to 100 and then some. There is absolutely no reason why any class shouldn't be able to add some points into Dex.

#13 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

4 stats at 100, 1 at 18, and the last at 1, or a combination between the last 2. I would prefer about 90 for some stats in order to get more than 8 or 10 of the last 2 stats. But my point is saying to add Hit Rate to Strength would be basically pointless cause yes we would hit more, but the damage wouldn't change too much. I would prefer adding a better damage ratio to strength like in prerenewal so melee classes can get damage on par with rangers or performers when physically attacking. I remember being able to do more damage with my Rune Knight, who at the time was a Swordie, than Archers, with double the dexterity than I had strength and just as good a weapon, or even some Hunters.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 21 May 2013 - 11:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users