multi cilent rules? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

multi cilent rules?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

I saw something to day that is just off setting, actually i saw it twice but anyway.

multi cilenting allowed? right?

i assume there are a set of rules for doing so?

can someone tell me those rules? or link me?

#2 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

im pretty sure this game encourages multi-clienting o.o

but i might be wrong :>

#3 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

well i ask because today in the low ti i saw a group of afk alchemist, most of them were in the same guild, had the same homuclus, which was maxed level. half the alchemist all looked the same and the other half looked the same, there was a couple of random classes standing around in a tight group with them, and a third class bard and dancer standing there in the same part with each other... it looked really fishy so i wanted to make sure they are gonna get multi cilent taken from us....>.> im prolly just being paranoid but rather be safe than sorry.

#4 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

well i ask because today in the low ti i saw a group of afk alchemist, most of them were in the same guild, had the same homuclus, which was maxed level. half the alchemist all looked the same and the other half looked the same, there was a couple of random classes standing around in a tight group with them, and a third class bard and dancer standing there in the same part with each other... it looked really fishy so i wanted to make sure they are gonna get multi cilent taken from us....>.> im prolly just being paranoid but rather be safe than sorry.

i've heard people say it's for easy eden merit badges lol

i've seen this party at low-TI: one warlock, one stringer, one arch bishop, then alchemists following the arch bishop lol.
i assumed they were like bots but guildies said that's how they farm EMBs (`=`) ./dedication

#5 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

I can guarantee you there is absolutely no problem multi-clienting. I know a bunch of people who multi-client like 5 vendors on one computer, while playing their main on another computer.

#6 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

this party wasnt moving, they were camping at the entrance, half an hour to an hour later we came back to fill empty spaces and they were gone.

#7 Ergonomicus

Ergonomicus

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

i've heard people say it's for easy eden merit badges lol

i've seen this party at low-TI: one warlock, one stringer, one arch bishop, then alchemists following the arch bishop lol.
i assumed they were like bots but guildies said that's how they farm EMBs (`=`) ./dedication

I can assure you that people will start getting ideas and start doing it for themselves. As time will progress; I bet the whole TI map will be filled with these AFKchemists with someone pulling in mobs to their spot and having an aoe/healer and tank present.

People will start complaining how "unfair" things will be with the multi-client and cry about that there is no monsters in the map because these clever people have found a way to dupe the TI system and maps.

So greed is good, right? One person multi-clienting 15+ characters to farm badges? Just comes to show our human nature about greed.

MORE IS GOOD

Edited by Ergonomicus, 18 May 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#8 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

If they can actually dual that many clients, then let them. -_- Has nothing to do with greed, everyone has their own ways of making money in this game. That way isn't even particularly efficient.

But no, there's nothing wrong with multi-clienting.

#9 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

I can assure you that people will start getting ideas and start doing it for themselves. As time will progress; I bet the whole TI map will be filled with these AFKchemists with someone pulling in mobs to their spot and having an aoe/healer and tank present.

People will start complaining how "unfair" things will be with the multi-client and cry about that there is no monsters in the map because these clever people have found a way to dupe the TI system and maps.

So greed is good, right? One person multi-clienting 15+ characters to farm badges? Just comes to show our human nature about greed.

MORE IS GOOD

https://www.youtube....h?v=LweAitfRypo

Annnnnd this is where i was trying to point this, if one person is doing it, then 2 people will do it, if 2 people will eventually everyone will start doing it, bye bye multi cilent. I see it from this view IF I WERE in charge.

"Oh, abusing something we gave you? time to take it away."

I used to play ygo and mtg so i know how when things get abused they get taken away.

I just recently started a thread about ti disscusion so i, gonna mention the badge farming in my next post, unless its mentioned first.

But yeah, arent any of you worried they are going to decide to say, multi cilent = perma ban?

#10 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

No problem 4 Merchants and 1 Main clients on <3.

#11 Ergonomicus

Ergonomicus

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Annnnnd this is where i was trying to point this, if one person is doing it, then 2 people will do it, if 2 people will eventually everyone will start doing it, bye bye multi cilent. I see it from this view IF I WERE in charge.

"Oh, abusing something we gave you? time to take it away."

I used to play ygo and mtg so i know how when things get abused they get taken away.

I just recently started a thread about ti disscusion so i, gonna mention the badge farming in my next post, unless its mentioned first.

But yeah, arent any of you worried they are going to decide to say, multi cilent = perma ban?

Cannot wait for that day to come!

#12 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Cannot wait for that day to come!

So basically you want the server to die, yeah? Because that's what will happened if they were to ban multi clienting.

I sure as hell won't rely on asking people everytime I want to move zeny or items onto an alt since they took out the mail system. I don't understand what your problem with people multi clienting is, there's more than enough mobs on TI maps and a few multi clients isn't going to hurt you or anyone else.

Not to mention being allowed to mult client band-aid fixes many of the problems their server encounters during TIs, like lack of healers or killers. I would have have someone multi-clienting in the party than wait another hour for the class we need to show up.

Edited by Alaska, 18 May 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#13 Ergonomicus

Ergonomicus

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

So basically you want the server to die, yeah? Because that's what will happened if they were to ban multi clienting.

I sure as hell won't rely on asking people everytime I want to move zeny or items onto an alt since they took out the mail system. I don't understand what your problem with people multi clienting is, there's more than enough mobs on TI maps and a few multi clients isn't going to hurt you or anyone else.

Not to mention being allowed to mult client band-aid fixes many of the problems their server encounters during TIs, like lack of healers or killers. I would have have someone multi-clienting in the party than wait another hour for the class we need to show up.

The server is already dying as it is, what difference will it make? On top of that, why don't they get rid of third party programs?

Edited by Ergonomicus, 18 May 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#14 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yeah that makes a lot of sense... already dying so why not speed it up lol. And I'm not a GM so doesn't make much sense to ask me a question like that.

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

There are no rules. You can multiclient as many clients as you want until you lag or disconnect.

~Creza the multiclienter.

#16 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I saw something to day that is just off setting, actually i saw it twice but anyway.

multi cilenting allowed? right?

i assume there are a set of rules for doing so?

can someone tell me those rules? or link me?

There are no rules against multi-clienting. Stop trying to kill the game because you don't know how to take advantage of a feature.

#17 Ergonomicus

Ergonomicus

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

There are no rules against multi-clienting. Stop trying to kill the game because you don't know how to take advantage of a feature.

I think it is not so much of not knowing how to use this feature, but maybe more like abusing a privalege. Learning how to use the feature only takes preserverance, patience, and time: Abuse comes in the long run.

In my honest opinion... I dont give a rats ass; but this attitude is shifting towards the building block for the servers foundation.

As it has been stated before "there are no rules" so anything goes.

Edited by Ergonomicus, 18 May 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#18 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

First off don't be an ass assume i don't know how. I multi client alot nowadays, I'm usually logged in on my geneticist feeding my homuculus every 20 minutes while i play on other characters.

Second as
Ergonomicus

said, im concerned with people abusing the system. You defend multi cilenting, and you know what I to enjoy having it. so if it is taken away then....>.> what to do then unlike some people i know very much HOW to open a second window...>.> i can run more than two cilents at once but i choose not to because i only need one other cilent to do things while i vend or feed, or whatever.

All i am getting at is, if someone farming emb, or what not is going to lead to revok of multi cilent then i rather do what i can to attempt a stop to it, I hate losing good stuff because a few people like to break stuff because sadly i don't think the "punish all for the actions of a few" will apply here....

#19 Ergonomicus

Ergonomicus

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

First off don't be an ass assume i don't know how. I multi client alot nowadays, I'm usually logged in on my geneticist feeding my homuculus every 20 minutes while i play on other characters.

Second as
Ergonomicus

said, im concerned with people abusing the system. You defend multi cilenting, and you know what I to enjoy having it. so if it is taken away then....>.> what to do then unlike some people i know very much HOW to open a second window...>.> i can run more than two cilents at once but i choose not to because i only need one other cilent to do things while i vend or feed, or whatever.

All i am getting at is, if someone farming emb, or what not is going to lead to revok of multi cilent then i rather do what i can to attempt a stop to it, I hate losing good stuff because a few people like to break stuff because sadly i don't think the "punish all for the actions of a few" will apply here....

I like that! Don't make an ass out of you and me! [Ass-u-me] One for all and all for one! I have not much more to say, so... Stay blessed. :gawi:

Edited by Ergonomicus, 18 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#20 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Except there's absolutely nothing wrong with farming EMB. I farm them doing multiple turns ins with multiple characters, so what then? They're going to limit me to one TI a day?

#21 Ergonomicus

Ergonomicus

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Except there's absolutely nothing wrong with farming EMB. I farm them doing multiple turns ins with multiple characters, so what then? They're going to limit me to one TI a day?

Alright, how about this... What if we take this the opposite way? Let us double it instead of diminshing it.

Now that I think about it... Since the previous targets are left in the new TI, it only makes logical sense, at least to me.

Having 3 2 4 TIs? Damn, how awesome would that be? :heh: Remember... GREED IS GOOD! :no1:

Edited by Ergonomicus, 18 May 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#22 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Multi-clienting is a must since they took off the mail system in game. I have to multi-client to transfer zeny from same account, which is better than taking a risk of being scammed from asking help from others.

#23 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yeah because that makes a lot of sense. You're making it seem as if some people farming EMB impacts the way you level, or play or do anything when it really doesn't. And yeah, making some cash via in-game means (which is becoming increasingly more difficult in this game) is greedy.

#24 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

well im sorry but when i see a entire group of alchemist with max level homuculus doing nothing it kinda upsets me, we already have bots messing up the games IN GAME prices, im sure you all know payon, and the other place that has archer skeleton is botted to hell and back. if reset stones start getting farmed for purely selling its going to upset the whole price of things more than what it is. now if you actually plan to use those reset stones for other characters, i guess its a cheap way to get them, if you plan to use them for tokens of sieg well, only that account can use them, and last i checked if you redeem the kvm and stuff like that, the best items you can get are account bound. it just doesn't make sense to me that you'd waste the time, the character names and whatever else to farm things like that, if you wanna play a farming game, theres whole bunch of other games. As someone who actually plays the game i just don't see why you'd waste the time doing something like that.

This is after all my personal opinion so it really doesnt matter in the end, it'd be like if you say, want to nerf warlocks, i'd ask why but its your opinion after all.

#25 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

You might not agree with their play style, but that isn't a reason to stop them from doing it. My issue is with "people" calling them greedy, when they're not. They aren't stopping anyone else from playing or doing the same exact thing, so there shouldn't be a problem. Just because someone doesn't like how they play doesn't mean it's bad. I don't like to spend KP that often, so I farm EMB with multiple characters so I can get tokens, is there anything wrong with that? I don't think so. Same goes for people who use it to get stones, manuals, etc. Not to mention that if they're dualing characters to farm, well, EMB is account-bound and so are many of the items you trade for them, like you said. So really the only way to profit from doing that is getting reset stones...

And they're homunculus leveling parties, so the homunculus are never max level. The issue with that isn't player's fault, it's the game designers fault for making homunculus a hassle to level anywhere other than low monster maps. People complain when alchs level in OD1, they complain when they level in OD2 and now in the TI too.

Edited by Alaska, 18 May 2013 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users