• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Im not sure if theres goes here or if we can but, keep it friendly yeah?

So Ti, helpful yes, hard, easy, average? sometimes depending on the monster.

Lets look at recent though

Start with low, all I see are massive patches of AFK alchemist, more often then not theres only the alchemist there.

IF you get lucky to find real people who are actually doing the ti, its mostly 85+

the low ti is very unfair to 70's i had to try for a party like 7 times on my sinx

i've stated before, you see alot of third class characters who purposely stay there for months

Thought i saw a bot earlier.....

Low ti kill stealing homunuclus and players everywhere.

Mid TI

Rangers completely replace mages, everyone is only ever recruiting AB, ranger or sorc.

No afk parties for Homunculus
Kill stealing if rare

I've not been in high ti so i have nothing to say about that.

Over all this a thought happen upon me, what would people do if they completely removed the low ti?

#2 Untroubled

Untroubled

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

I don't mind all the AFK Alchemists, really.
If anything, they really help to keep the entrance free of mobs, so I don't have to feel too paranoid about getting killed with my chatroom up.
I'm seeing a couple of folks setting up their tiny overpriced businesses here and there with no fear, too, so good for them!

And I believe I may be one of those third class characters you speak of.
Honestly, I just enjoy the low TI overall.
The monsters are easy to kill, so I can farm EMBs and drops whenever I'm low on zeny. (which is very often...)
And I also like seeing my adorable little box of pixels wipe out mobs with ease. (REVENGE FOR BULLYING MY WEAK 2ND CLASS.)
Not to mention, the low TI party folks seem to be much more sociable as not everyone's always rushing to killkillkill.
A lot of them are more relaxed and aren't as quick to bully the squishy little guy who messes up and dies a lot.
I've been in mid TI a few times before, and well, it doesn't really feel as welcoming...
But then again, I guess I just gotta learn to play my character better.

There's plenty of monsters to go around, so as long as everyone isn't kill stealing each other's mob, things shouldn't be that bad.

I have trouble with getting parties for my 70+ guys, too.
Usually, I'd just stop by the low TI map to see if there are any 70+ parties recruiting.
If there aren't any, then Eden mission board quests tend to keep me occupied for quite a while. (They're so convenient!)

Over all this a thought happen upon me, what would people do if they completely removed the low ti?

... Resurrect the party search function...?
SPOTLIGHT PARTAAAAAAY.

Edited by Untroubled, 18 May 2013 - 02:47 AM.

#3 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

yeah..i feel the afk alchys are more of a help than a disturbance..
i agree that the low ti is very unfair to 70's..70-85 parties are hard to get by, but you just need to do 4-5 TI's & some grinding to get to lvl 85... tbh, due to less time, i prefer the Mid TI more where the TI gets finished very quickly( despite having more risk than Low TI )
the Low TI takes a loooonnng time to finish, but thats something we cannot avoid as none of the classes have AS like AOE ( i am glad they don't have it ). sure, sometimes you get a ranger with AS in your party, but thats not very common..

has anyone even used the party search function ?? i haven't ... :(

#4 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

Well I find it isn't bad to get a party on my 70+ chars some people want one asap really and ti's are just something extra to help as said above Eden quests can be done and before you say I can't do it use a killer to help you what ever level, and if your starting new then make something easy to start!

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

Just do eden boards from 70-80 (or even 85). They give like one level per turn in if you do all of the monsters. Clock Tower and Juno are quite popular out of those. They really should just make low TI 80-100 instead of 70... it really doesn't make any sense to do the low TI when you aren't even 80+ yet.

#6 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Just do eden boards from 70-80 (or even 85). They give like one level per turn in if you do all of the monsters. Clock Tower and Juno are quite popular out of those. They really should just make low TI 80-100 instead of 70... it really doesn't make any sense to do the low TI when you aren't even 80+ yet.

I agree with this one, level 70? really? Go do eden board quests, they will level you up faster than the TI.

#7 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Removing low TI? For what 60DD@/\/\n reason?

AFKing alchemist classes for leveling homonculi or badge farming...what's the problem with that? I even thank the AFK homunculi parties for keeping the player spawn point safe regardless if they KS or not.

You are just unlucky that there are no people within your range inside the TI map.

I (or some people do) choose to level in regular maps until level 80+ so that TI won't be suicidal and loose more exp than what I can gain, unless if you got good gears to start TI at level 70 or if you're lucky enough to find a party 70+ range in the TI map.

In mid and high TI, parties choose fast killers and support classes, not a bunch of whacking dudes or slow casters that will take 400/400 monsters to kill in 1 or more hours. Not everyone can play for that long in RO for they got real lives (and work that pays real money) you know.

Yes, yes, yes, the discrimination of the other classes...this is always an issue (and a never ending one) in TI parties. There are lots of reasons, both personal and practical. Would you get a GX who roll cuts a mob to death or lure a bunch of monsters to the party? Typically, it's a NO. Most people have bad impressions of some classes because noobs destroy the class reputation. Parties would greatly prefer a noob Ranger over a noob GX. I have a GX and I've experienced the discrimination when I tried joining TI parties, but I keep destroying their expectations (that all GX are useless) based on how I play. The same thing applies to SCs, unless they got Arrow Storm (some party leaders even ask you if you've copied AS or SCs say they have the skill to be invited to the party) to deal moderate damage.

Generally kill stealing is an offense because it's an intentional action limiting the ability of a player to enjoy the game. However, the CMs clarified that TI is an exception, perhaps because parties or solo levelers cannot avoid crossing each other in one place, thus, wrong mob kill happens often. Intentional and continuous killing of mobs of another can be reported though and video clips are the best proof.

#8 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

or if you are getting prepared for 85+ parties, just kill those 70+ or 80+ level monsters (goats,harpies,grand pecos, porcellios) or yeah, do the Eden quests! whatever lol to keep you busy aside from sitting idle waiting for your party member to come

#9 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Eden quest, that's all i just read. when i was leveling my wizard, i didn't know about the ti, i did eden quest all the way to 99, then i got to high 90's on my high wizard before i learned about them. this isnt the mian source of the topic

I would bet if you forced all those guys in low ti into mid, they would die, not because of the level difference but because tactics dont work. i've entered the mid ti on my gene and been the only person they a few times, time to spam cart cannon while my homunculus acts as a decoy.... horrible thing to do and say but for some reason monsters like to attack her first

as Strafe said, some classes have bad reps, and sadly that is true, when i actually make a party i hate when assasin and rogue classes ask to join, but in most cases i let them in because i know how hard it is to find a party, ( this is for both low and mid) I've been in parties with assasins that just sit around and hide the whole time, or cloak and follow the party, if your going to hide, at least spam grimtooth.... Another class that is nortorious for leeching and doing nothing is ninjas but thats a subject for another thread.

In low ti i often find people arent very social, and are very bossy and demanding. The minute share gets turned off, most of the party is crying turn it on or i leave, turn it on or ill let you die.... as often of being a party leader you sometimes dont notice share get turned off, and when you do it takes moment to open up the menu, and switch, especially if your in the middle of saving everyone from dying (played a priest as only healer, and as the groups aoe) Plus i see this all the time in low ti, once someone is finish, they leave and dont care if the rest of the party is finished, that happens i mid but not as often.

In low ti people will turn you down unless your a healer or aoe ( real aoe) but you'd be surprised on what you can do with a party full of kill power

The real AOE thing is, last time i was recruiting a party in low ti, for some reason every sinx, hunter/sniper, and knights with bb thought they were aoe, which we were recruiting last spot for aoe, (mage, ranger ect) grimtooth and meteor assault are not real aoe, and arrow shower is not aoe. hunter'sniper could at least get claymore trap x.x But yeah it would be nice if we could give the gms some suggestions to make the TI experience a little better for everyone granted i know they are backed up right now...>.>

#10 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I like the idea of removing gramps or atleast making it appear now and again, leveling to 150 is even easier than it is normally.

#11 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

I wouldnt say remove gramps but if i had a choice i would remove the low, as someone pointed in another thread, the afk multi cilenters might be farming emb, which is bull on its own.

#12 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I like the idea of removing gramps or atleast making it appear now and again, leveling to 150 is even easier than it is normally.

Well, the past TI you can only do TI every two weeks. However, I'm against it for now. Not gonna agree until GM give us weekly VIP or more exp gaining event..

#13 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm going to go point by point to explain why OP is wrong.

Start with low, all I see are massive patches of AFK alchemist, more often then not theres only the alchemist there.

Most of them are just trying to level their homunculi. It doesn't hurt anyone. Not to mention, the homunculi help keep a safe spot for party recruiting.

IF you get lucky to find real people who are actually doing the ti, its mostly 85+

the low ti is very unfair to 70's i had to try for a party like 7 times on my sinx

You should be doing the Eden signboard until 85 or 86. It's not difficult.

i've stated before, you see alot of third class characters who purposely stay there for months

So what? It's none of your business what those third classers do. It's not hurting anyone. This looks like a complaint made out of jealousy.

Thought i saw a bot earlier.....

Then report it. The link is up above, between 'Members' and 'Calender', but here it is again since you can't seem to find it. https://support.warpportal.com/

Low ti kill stealing homunuclus and players everywhere.

Your sole valid point. Yes, kill-stealing is prevalent, but if you focus on getting your kills, it doesn't take long to complete the TI. You shouldn't get bent out of shape over getting KS'ed a few times.

Mid TI

Rangers completely replace mages, everyone is only ever recruiting AB, ranger or sorc.

No afk parties for Homunculus
Kill stealing if rare

Wrong wrong wrong. I've been in and made so many parties that did not only recruit those classes.

As for no AFK Homun in mid TI; Why do you complain about their presence in the low TI and then complain about their absence in the mid TI? You need to make up your mind, son.

I know so many players who love to make lots of characters and run them through the low TI. They'll never make a single 150 character, but they still love playing the game. Take out the low TI and I can guarantee the game's active population will drop.

It seems that you just want to take something good out of the game because it doesn't benefit you. People like you are killing this game.

#14 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm going to go point by point to explain why OP is wrong.

Response to each,

Most of them are just trying to level their homunculi. It doesn't hurt anyone. Not to mention, the homunculi help keep a safe spot for party recruiting.

Me- i often see a ton of max level homunculus, last i checked, you can't level something if its max level. BUT i do see none maxed leveled ones which is fine and yes, keeping the spawn area clean for lower level characters are okay, i have no problem with ones who are actually leveling but i do have a issue with those who have max level homunculus and are only there for nothing more than merit badges.

You should be doing the Eden signboard until 85 or 86. It's not difficult.

Me- I could do eden merit badges, i could grind on my own, not the point as it says 70-100 so im just saying it'd be nice if more 70 range parties opened up.

So what? It's none of your business what those third classers do. It's not hurting anyone. This looks like a complaint made out of jealousy.

your right, its none of my business but there is a reason why they made three tiers of TI, staying just to get some job levels isnt bad, or wrong but when you start getting your self killed again and again and again just to stay there, its time you move on and join the rest of the world for your class. And yes, I've seen about a dozen or so people doing this while the map was geffen.

Then report it. The link is up above, between 'Members' and 'Calender', but here it is again since you can't seem to find it. https://support.warpportal.com/

me-Reporting bots doesn't do -_- it seems, they are already not responding to peoples tickets, and any bots i've reported with evidence are still running around so....

Your sole valid point. Yes, kill-stealing is prevalent, but if you focus on getting your kills, it doesn't take long to complete the TI. You shouldn't get bent out of shape over getting KS'ed a few times.

Me-you cannot get counts if rangers walk by and as everything in sight, I fully understand sometimes it happens, but over the past couple of weeks i've seen more ks than what not prolly because of that exp boost... whatever the reason

Wrong wrong wrong. I've been in and made so many parties that did not only recruit those classes.

Me- there are parties that do recruit other classes but they usually quickly only ask for ranger, sorc or ab only. or once they get 1-3 tanks they outright stopp accepting anyone in those regards rather or not that person can kill instead of tank. I see a lot of rk, sin classes and shadow chasers who need parties very often. and sura, see a lot of them needing party too.

As for no AFK Homun in mid TI; Why do you complain about their presence in the low TI and then complain about their absence in the mid TI? You need to make up your mind, son.

Me- I am not complaining about them not being in midti, I am damn glad they arent there, my point was the mid ti is more respectful about things than in the low. Plus if you even try to afk in mid, and likely higher, you'll die.

I know so many players who love to make lots of characters and run them through the low TI. They'll never make a single 150 character, but they still love playing the game. Take out the low TI and I can guarantee the game's active population will drop.

Me-...... i think the game really only has about 1k-15k actual players anyway so whats the difference if the ones who stay in low ti stop playing? ( my numbers come from taking into account the number of bots, afk venders, and possible multi cilents going on.)

It seems that you just want to take something good out of the game because it doesn't benefit you. People like you are killing this game.

Me- Actually you couldn't be more wrong, I don't want to take something good from the game, and it was only THE LOW TI i would remove, I do benefit from low ti when i have a character to take it but it seems like its not really serving merely as a support rail to the next tier anymore. its become more like a gang hang out.

And if someone like me, who is looking for the well being of the game but preventing abuse of the system is killing the game then well ro might as well be just like those over priced card games where the more money you have the more you get from it. But god forbid i be concerned for the well being of the game as a game. and before anyone says something about no ti will kill the game.

I know for a fact you can still level very well to 99, 100 or 101 without eden if you actually sit and play the game.

Now i gone and forgot what i was going to say XD

#15 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

This game is played by wide range of age, that include intelligence too

#16 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Sadly, you may be right about that...>.>

#17 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Well, the past TI you can only do TI every two weeks. However, I'm against it for now. Not gonna agree until GM give us weekly VIP or more exp gaining event..

spoiled community is spoiled. :p_swt:

#18 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

I should of replied sooner but mobile forums suck. But yeah I know it used to be like that however once the level 100-150 eden quests are added that with gramps will make it way too easy. Plus removing Gramps could possibly bring some life back to maps in this game.

#19 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Just stop complaining and f(0.0)king get your asses up and level up! :heh:

^ That's what I told myself when I want to stay away from threads like this.

#20 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

Lie... You wrote the above statement... Drama

#21 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit