Renewal Client Error? - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Renewal Client Error?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

good news its installing on my cousins laptop which runs off vista, bad news no dice for my windows sp3 laptop or pc

Tell your cousin to send you the folder that contain the game. Drag those into your harddrive and use it to play.

You can do this either by ext. hd, transfer through network(share drive), or just through some sort of messenger program if you guys are on the same network.

#27 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

Tell your cousin to send you the folder that contain the game. Drag those into your harddrive and use it to play.

You can do this either by ext. hd, transfer through network(share drive), or just through some sort of messenger program if you guys are on the same network.

so RO doesnt have anything recorded on the registry or will it automatically input the data when i patch it?

#28 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:30 AM

so RO doesnt have anything recorded on the registry or will it automatically input the data when i patch it?

It does have some Registry input as I have seen from people posting, but it was never any trouble for me to do it this way. Many people also went this route when they couldn't install correct with the game client. You might have to right click on setup.exe and run as admins and set up your video card and setting before trying to play. Doing so will help reduce trouble of video not rendering correctly and such.

#29 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:18 AM

It does have some Registry input as I have seen from people posting, but it was never any trouble for me to do it this way. Many people also went this route when they couldn't install correct with the game client. You might have to right click on setup.exe and run as admins and set up your video card and setting before trying to play. Doing so will help reduce trouble of video not rendering correctly and such.

Yeah, just run setup in the RO folder to set graphics rendering mode, and you'll be good to go. Prior to renewal, i hadn't run the RO installer in 4 years, despite going through 3 different main laptops and 3 different alt laptops.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 October 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#30 UncleRemus

UncleRemus

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

OMG I LOVE YOU....was having the same error on my laptop after various (FRUSTRATING) re-downloads. My error was coming up on a windows vista machine fully up to date with service packs etc.

Thank god that I already have it installed on my PC and can just network share the folder and copy it over WOOT WOOT

EDIT - Sorry for the Necro...nice rez bro!!! lol found this through a search...it should be reformatted and this info PINNED as it is a common issue

Edited by UncleRemus, 17 October 2012 - 05:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users