• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Does anyone have any info on this fight? Me and the guild I'm in have been trying to kill him for a few weeks now. We have spent hours wiping to him, trying to learn the fight. But we are having trouble figuring out the mechanics. We know the adds buff him when they die, but he also gets buffs when they are alive. We have tried separating the adds from the boss, but he continues to get an enrage buff. The brick wall we run into is his raid wide AOE. IF he casts it with an enrage up, it's basically a wipe. I would chalk it up to a HP thing, but we have people getting hit for 8k+. Anyone can bug the fight and kill him, but that's not nearly as fun. All I see on YouTube and google are guilds killing him by bugging it. I'm hoping the ro2 community might be able to help out, or even point me in the right direction. Or we could get a discussion going here for everyone else to see for help as well.

Thanks in advance,
Shadow

#2 LahanAveh

LahanAveh

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

You're suppose to reset the adds. Other than that, you need to be very geared to take him and his 3 adds at once.

Edited by LahanAveh, 21 May 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#3 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

No, you're not "supposed" to re-set the adds. no fight is meant to be glitched, or bugged to win. It's just everyone chooses the easy way to do it. I'm not about that. Not to mention, the update fixed that. so if you're "supposed" to do it, the game Dev's made it so you can't fight him the way you're "supposed" to. I even said in the original thread, I'm trying to learn the fight, and how to kill him without being cheap. I'm hoping to get some feed back on the mechanics of the boss and his adds

#4 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Kill the adds first, then kill Humbaba. That simple. The only reason why it's harder to kill Humbaba is because of the buffs it receives when its minions are down. Attack, defense, and dodge buffs definitely make it harder. You will need more HP to survive, you will need to read its large AoE correctly, you must be ready for the dark circles it drops.

#5 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

So do you tank the Large AOE he does? or try and move out of it? I know the Enrage he gets makes his spells do more too. or at least his raid wide AOE. When we kill the adds, i believe he gets another enrage buff, causing him to hit for even more, and do more damage. If i remember correctly, when we killed Fury, he got a 200% damage enrage buff.. And it caused his AOE to do 200% more damage, instant raid wipe. Some guides say he gets no buff if you tank adds over 20-25 meters away, but through trial and error, he continualy gets a 20-50% enrage damage buff randomly throughout the fight. We also tried deluge on his AOE, but our experience says there isn't enough time to Deluge between him starting the AOE attack, and him finishing it.

What we do now is
MT pulls humbaba, and tanks him in the middle, or slightly off center.
OT tanks 2 adds, fury and patience. and picks up all other adds as they spawn.
DPS focuses pleasure down first, and then we focus boss, swapping to adds as they come.
All big adds get focused down by all DPS. (guides say they despawn after 10s, they DO NOT)
Rangers stay on boss at all times, except when a "big" add is spawned. and all other DPS AOE's small ones.
We have tried killing all adds at start, and tanking them throughout the fight, but we can't figure out where his enrage is coming from. not the 8 minute timer, but his apparently "random" enrage he gives himself throughout the fight.

#6 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

His "enrage" are actually buffs from his minions when they die.

#7 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

He gets an enrage when they are alive too. =( we have tested this theory many times.

#8 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

He gets an enrage when they are alive too. =( we have tested this theory many times.

I ll update my bap 4/4 hardmode guide for 3/4 too later when I have time. Give me few days.

As for adds, (pleasure and fury), you dont need to fight them. I m pretty certain you are supposed not to fight.

For an example.
A small kid walks into a lions cave. And you go in there to rescue him and you find that lion is sleeping. When you can rescue the boy without awakening the lion, you shoot his tail. Saying I have to fight the lion to rescue the kid.

A game mechanics are designed not to fight always, but to make smart choices. Yes with very high dps, you might have time to kill pleasure and fury mobs before hr enrages. But do you have to? I dnt think so.

Having said that, if you bug a boss like we used to do in searo2 rat, then it s something different. How ever simply running away from adds to reset them is pretty much in the margins of fair play. It is mind over muscle. XD

Anyways it is not a hard fight unlike bap 4/4. You just have to do the right thing at the right time is all. Give me couple of days to put up a guide.

Edited by VachV, 23 May 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#9 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Honestly Bapho is a lot easier then humbaba, we one shot him in HM and still can't do humbaba properly... And if the fight was meant to be done that way, why did the Dev's make it so you can't do it anymore?

#10 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Honestly Bapho is a lot easier then humbaba, we one shot him in HM and still can't do humbaba properly... And if the fight was meant to be done that way, why did the Dev's make it so you can't do it anymore?

#11 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

You can.. you just need a wizzard in your raid team.

However, if you are planning to kill him in the room(his garden place), you need good MT, war with decent gears and high dps. 8k should be more enough as you said.

Tips:
Ask MT to take him to the wall and make him face the wall.
Set up 2 teams and each team members stick together. Both teams as far as possible from each other. Each team must have a prz and a sorc.
Whenever adds/Big devil comes, WAR tanks on them.
Whenever blue aoe comes you have 3 seconds to deluge. Each team sorc should deluge.
If sorc is on CD, prz must sanc.
When black aoe is casted on either team, move out of it asap. You have 1 second before stun. When the black aoe is gone, move back to your original position.
If two teams stay as far as possible on each other red aoe will be one sided(or it eill always be on tank). If one team faces red aoe, you have 2 choices. One is prz can asp + sanc and all who have damage on them, eat master pots.
The other way is, priest casts increase agility and all run away from red(bit risky).

The biggest problem you will face in this way is...
First blue aoe will be casted BEFORE you have enough time to clear fury and pleasure and there will be wipe is not careful, given that tank will be having hard time tanking until those mobs are cleared.

good luck.

#12 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well, Slight update. Today we did some more HM humbaba. Got him to about 10% without bugging. From what i can gather....

The adds "cast" a buff on him. So you need to seperate them from humbaba. We tanked humbaba on one end, and 2 adds on the other end of the circle. We burn pleasure from the start,
The OT takes adds to the wall, and just kites them around, and picks up the big devil guys when they spawn.(contrary to EVERY guide out there, they do NOT despawn after 10 seconds.) And thats pretty much all the OT does. Although the adds will NOT buff Humbaba at max range, if you kill them at max range, humbaba still recieves the buff's.

We have a Wizard AOE the small adds, and burn those down, and the rest of the DPS is on boss for the entire fight.
Occasionally Humbaba will get a 50% damage enrage buff. I am not 100% sure if it's because OT moved in to grab adds, or if it's just a random buff he gets..
You tank his Raid wide AOE if he does NOT have the 50% enrage buff. If he does, priests cast thier sprint spell, and everyone runs out of the AOE.
The whole raid is stacked during the fight for AOE heals. We run 2 sorc's and 2 priests.

#13 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

You can.. you just need a wizzard in your raid team.

However, if you are planning to kill him in the room(his garden place), you need good MT, war with decent gears and high dps. 8k should be more enough as you said.

Tips:
Ask MT to take him to the wall and make him face the wall.
Set up 2 teams and each team members stick together. Both teams as far as possible from each other. Each team must have a prz and a sorc.
Whenever adds/Big devil comes, WAR tanks on them.
Whenever blue aoe comes you have 3 seconds to deluge. Each team sorc should deluge.
If sorc is on CD, prz must sanc.
When black aoe is casted on either team, move out of it asap. You have 1 second before stun. When the black aoe is gone, move back to your original position.
If two teams stay as far as possible on each other red aoe will be one sided(or it eill always be on tank). If one team faces red aoe, you have 2 choices. One is prz can asp + sanc and all who have damage on them, eat master pots.
The other way is, priest casts increase agility and all run away from red(bit risky).

The biggest problem you will face in this way is...
First blue aoe will be casted BEFORE you have enough time to clear fury and pleasure and there will be wipe is not careful, given that tank will be having hard time tanking until those mobs are cleared.

good luck.

You never tank the red line AOE. you have plenty of time to move out of that. the problem we were having was his blue raid wide AOE. it one shots the raid if he has the 50% dmg enrage. We tried using deluge to tank it, but our sorc's couldn't get the deluge off in time. the AOE always hit right before deluge finished casting. we he had to abandoned that idea. We though it was not possible.. Have you been able to pull it off?

And why split into two grps? why not one, so one deluge hits everyone? or one sanc hits everyone. instead of splitting them up.

also, you don't kill fury. Killing fury gives humbaba a 200% damage buff. That 200% also buff's his raid wide AOE.... lol. We just tank fury in the back. and patience.

Thanks for the tips though, i appreciate it.

#14 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

You never tank the red line AOE. you have plenty of time to move out of that. the problem we were having was his blue raid wide AOE. it one shots the raid if he has the 50% dmg enrage. We tried using deluge to tank it, but our sorc's couldn't get the deluge off in time. the AOE always hit right before deluge finished casting. we he had to abandoned that idea. We though it was not possible.. Have you been able to pull it off?

And why split into two grps? why not one, so one deluge hits everyone? or one sanc hits everyone. instead of splitting them up.

also, you don't kill fury. Killing fury gives humbaba a 200% damage buff. That 200% also buff's his raid wide AOE.... lol. We just tank fury in the back. and patience.

Thanks for the tips though, i appreciate it.

No i havent done this in the room. Only outside the room. I killed it more than 10 times in iRo2, all almost 1 try.

the reason we split 2 teams is, in the corridor it is narrow and there is no way to escape red aoe other than running out, which makes it more complicated. When there are 2 teams on each side of the wall, humbaba will put red aoe on one team side only.. so that team just move few meters to avoid red one. (this one pretty easy)

As for blue aoe, it happens in 3 secs after it s seen. For deluge, those mermaids start flying in 1 sec. So your sorcs have less than 2 secs to deluge but It is pretty much doable. You can see huge light around the garden, and it will only go off in 3 secs after it appears. Deluge as soon as you see it. Ask sorcs to scroll up to get arial view so they can see it easily.

Finally after new room-lock thing was out, what i did was.. i asked wizz to lure humbaba and teleport to the other side of the locked door. All wait out until fury and pleasure are gone.( dont heal or dps until they are gone).

OT on all the adds and bug devil. DPS and down it.

Oh and another reason we do 2 teams is,, black aoe. Black aoe will also spawn on one team. So you can just avoid it by running to opposite side wall if you have 2 teams spitted.

That being said, i admire your determination to down it in the room. If you did, then post here about how you managed to do it.. Good luck.

Edited by VachV, 23 May 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#15 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hmm.. So you tank him in the hallway, and don't re-set his adds?

#16 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hmm.. So you tank him in the hallway, and don't re-set his adds?

By adds you mean fury and pleasure, we do nothing until they get back to the room. Other adds and big devil we kill. (either war or wizz)

This is an easy fight, just sorcs have to be quick and all range dps and heals to avoid black aoe.

But inside the room, I m sure it s quite painful..

#17 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

yeah. I'm talking about doing the fight properly, inside the room, with the fury, pleasure and patience add. Anyone can kill him by bugging it :P all you do is pull humbaba then DPS him down. im trying to kill humbaba inside the room you start in.

#18 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Beating humbaba legitimately requires being accurate at all times. Basically, it's a battle of hit and miss. Miss too much you get the enrage timer. Hit enough and you'll win it. That simple.

#19 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Truly? I thought its a game where Lu Bu must fly kites with new Humbaba friends while other friends attempt to kill fat and useless monster FOR GREAT JUSTICE

#20 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Kiting is legit yo.

In all seriousness though, I don't get this whole debate on what is the proper way to do it and what isn't. I'm all about how fast you can down the darn thing because people have better things to do with their time.

P.S. LuBu, your guide made me laugh so hard I cried. Good stuff man.

Edited by vonnegut, 24 May 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#21 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Kiting is legit yo.

In all seriousness though, I don't get this whole debate on what is the proper way to do it and what isn't. I'm all about how fast you can down the darn thing because people have better things to do with their time.

P.S. LuBu, your guide made me laugh so hard I cried. Good stuff man.

Because im trying to figure out the "proper" way to do the fight. This last patch was thier attempt to stop people from bugging it. Meaning they do not want you to bug it. it's only a matter of time before they patch all the small bugs, and everyone is stuck because they have all been bugging the fight to win, and not figuring out the mechanics. i have been searching for days to find a guide on how to do it WITHOUT bugging it, and im beginning to think no one has made one. So it's going to be a real kick to everyone whey they pull humbaba and are stuck with his adds healing, enraging, and buffing humbaba while they run in circles wondering why he isn't re-setting. I get bugging it is the easy way out, and nets loot fast. im not against it. Do what you gata do. but i wana learn the fight how it's meant to be done so when these fixes do come, i will not be here on the forums asking help, or searching youtube :P i'll be one step ahead. But, even from this thread, all anyone says is "bug it" or, "i don't know the real fight, but you can bug it!" only proves my point more. And if we can get a good guide started here, now.. well.. then everyone benefits =)

#22 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

For anyone following this post.. Humbaba has been killed with out bugging it. was killed inside the room, and with adds aggrod. Video will be up shortly, but here is the link to the post that has kill video's of bosses, and soon will have the humbaba kill Video. eventually, all bosses kill video's will be up, with steps, and details on each fight.Currently 4/7 and 4/4 HM.

http://forums.warppo...s-video-guides/

Edited by DivineShadow, 29 May 2013 - 02:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users