#76 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

I agree with ZT, I think it lessens clutter. It has also become the standard amongst games today in order to make wealth distribution more appropriate for the characters levels as well.

Of course, we do know there is a lack of real end game funds, so this is all largely pointless in its current format anyway.

#77 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

LOL! The whole time I'm in PVP arena, it does not let my character stealth after the round has started which means you get one stealth per round, before the round starts. If I die, I can't hide again and go after someone else as stealth is 100% disabled already. Where is this stealther argument coming from exactly? Have I been noobing it up or something?

#78 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

We will be moving all reviews to the "Proposals and Suggestions" forum for better organization, but please make sure to remember to provide constructive criticism in all reviews so we are able to use them to implement future game changes.

#79 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

RO1 has problems with money display because it only has 1 level of currency. RO2's two levels of currency allows us to acquire the same amount of money that you can get in RO1, but displayed with less digits. At least, that's how I see it.

And what problems did it have? If it's about the interface obscuring parts, that can be fixed easily without this (and I liked how vendor items displayed different colors according to the number if digits). If it's about players talking, everyone has always used Nk and Nkk or Nm. If anything, this system is worse because you can't say a number without attaching a "rupee", "zeny" or "z" at the end to make it clear.
As for RO2 money, it's pointless, there isn't a single time where zeny is displayed without also displaying the rupee amount (even if it's 0).

#80 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

And what problems did it have? If it's about the interface obscuring parts, that can be fixed easily without this (and I liked how vendor items displayed different colors according to the number if digits). If it's about players talking, everyone has always used Nk and Nkk or Nm. If anything, this system is worse because you can't say a number without attaching a "rupee", "zeny" or "z" at the end to make it clear.

RO1's programming uses 32-bit integers so players can't get more than 2.1 billion Zeny on one character. With a second level of currency, the system would allow players to accumulate more than that amount, but as it stands now you can't. Just because you're not used to seeing more than 1 level of currency, that doesn't make it broken.

As for RO2 money, it's pointless, there isn't a single time where zeny is displayed without also displaying the rupee amount (even if it's 0).

It's no different from some real-life stores advertising their products as $25.00 as opposed to $25.

#81 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

RO1's programming uses 32-bit integers so players can't get more than 2.1 billion Zeny on one character. With a second level of currency, the system would allow players to accumulate more than that amount, but as it stands now you can't. Just because you're not used to seeing more than 1 level of currency, that doesn't make it broken.

It's no different from some real-life stores advertising their products as $25.00 as opposed to $25.

Oh, I see. And I guess increasing that to 64-bit would be a bit overkill (not like accumulating 2 billion zeny in RO1 wasn't overkill in the first case). So now you can accumulate 2.1 trillion zeny, huh? Not like I can see that happening anytime soon, though, specially since the actual value of money doesn't decrease as fast as in RO1 (and by that I mean NPCs asking you for well over 200k or even millions for slotting) and with those extreme money sinks in the form of repairmen.

As for the display thing, I said it in case the problem with RO1 were the graphic display. What still stands is that it's annoying when you want to input a value in both zeny and rupees (or delete the suggested rupee part).
Although enabling the tab key to switch from one to the other would solve it (I think it doesn't work? At least I didn't manage to make it work).

#82 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Oh, I see. And I guess increasing that to 64-bit would be a bit overkill (not like accumulating 2 billion zeny in RO1 wasn't overkill in the first case). So now you can accumulate 2.1 trillion zeny, huh? Not like I can see that happening anytime soon, though, specially since the actual value of money doesn't decrease as fast as in RO1 (and by that I mean NPCs asking you for well over 200k or even millions for slotting) and with those extreme money sinks in the form of repairmen.

Since 1 Zeny = 1,000 Rupee and if RO2 utilizes 32-bit integers as well, this would be how much RO1 Zeny you could get in RO2:

2,417,483,647,000 (RO1 Zeny)

But yeah, with all the zeny sinks in RO2, I doubt anyone would ever reach 2.1 billion zeny.

As for the display thing, I said it in case the problem with RO1 were the graphic display. What still stands is that it's annoying when you want to input a value in both zeny and rupees (or delete the suggested rupee part).
Although enabling the tab key to switch from one to the other would solve it (I think it doesn't work? At least I didn't manage to make it work).

That would lie on the shoulders of the developers to allow us to input zeny only and have the system fill in the rupee portion.

#83 StygianBlade

StygianBlade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Youngin's need to stop saying WOW set the standard.

Everquest set the standard, WoW followed. The art style is the only reason they were made far more popular- because it appeals on a wide range of gamers both adult and young. It has it's own unique features, but it did not set the standard by any means.

Lurk more.

#84 jdkc

jdkc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

Pretty detailed and thoughtful review. I agree with a lot of what you've said, especially the points you've raised about the cash shop.

On another note, does the bad Engrish in this game annoy anybody else, or is it just me? I would have thought the locasliation team would have done a far better job... Or did they just run it through Google Translate and call it a day?

I'm having a bit of fun with this game, but it just seems really bland, unpolished, contentless and broken. Are we sure we're out of alpha?

#85 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Pretty detailed and thoughtful review. I agree with a lot of what you've said, especially the points you've raised about the cash shop.

On another note, does the bad Engrish in this game annoy anybody else, or is it just me? I would have thought the locasliation team would have done a far better job... Or did they just run it through Google Translate and call it a day?

I'm having a bit of fun with this game, but it just seems really bland, unpolished, contentless and broken. Are we sure we're out of alpha?

Officially, yes we're out of alpha.

To me, this game seems more like its in the limbo point between alpha and beta. It hasn't quite reached the beta quality I would expect from other beta's I've played, but it's not entirely super crazy buggy alpha quality either. So in my opinion, it sits somewhere inbetween the two.

#86 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Officially, yes we're out of alpha.

To me, this game seems more like its in the limbo point between alpha and beta. It hasn't quite reached the beta quality I would expect from other beta's I've played, but it's not entirely super crazy buggy alpha quality either. So in my opinion, it sits somewhere inbetween the two.

i dunno...i know it was fixed a week ago but that whole divided plains -_- seemed pretty alpha to me.

#87 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, they fixed it now though. The ground actually lines up properly with the character collision now.

It was super buggy though, I ended up getting stuck down there unable to do anything but b-wing out. I honestly didn't expect a fix as quick as it came for that one. Gravity surprised me with this one.

#88 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, they fixed it now though. The ground actually lines up properly with the character collision now.

It was super buggy though, I ended up getting stuck down there unable to do anything but b-wing out. I honestly didn't expect a fix as quick as it came for that one. Gravity surprised me with this one.

me too, but given how -_- up of a bug it was, i can see why they actually came through with a fix so fast.

#89 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

The funnier part of the scar of despair bug was seeing the whole ramp compressed at a side on the top.
Even though annoying, it was still somewhat navigable if you placed the camera right above you to see the rock slope right bellow you. In ended climbing it up quite a few times without problems.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users