• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

max amount of lvl diff to still get exp while leeching?

#2 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

From what my friend saw when helping his low level fs aco friend.. if you're well over the level of the person you're running through, they get all the exp from kills. Not sure how many levels that requires mind you, the aco was like, level 23 and he was 50 so you'd just have to test it I guess.

#3 Tsukura

Tsukura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Exp in a party is split in half with a party of 2 people. I leveled people to level 25 from level 1 essentially due to this. I was using my level 29 warrior for this. There is no real limit to the level gap and exp gain. As far as the game is concerned, you just split exp according to the size of the group. I.E. 2 person group = 50% exp.

#4 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Exp in a party is split in half with a party of 2 people. I leveled people to level 25 from level 1 essentially due to this. I was using my level 29 warrior for this. There is no real limit to the level gap and exp gain. As far as the game is concerned, you just split exp according to the size of the group. I.E. 2 person group = 50% exp.

Might work like this if the warrior was still in exp range of the mobs being killed, my friend wasnt and said the aco was getting full exp. Who knows xD

#5 Tsukura

Tsukura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

I am not in range of level 10 mobs. xD

#6 Celabot

Celabot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

As long as your level is close to the monster's level, you'll get experience, regardless of what level other party members are. Experience is split dependent on the number of people in your party in the area, though.

If member A is level 50, member B is 20, and monster is 20, A will get no experience, and B will get half the experience. I'm not sure if there's an experience boost for when you're in parties. Either way, B would be getting the same amount of experience as he/she would when partying with another level 20.

#7 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Sorry I meant what level can the monsters be like do I have to be within 5 levels of a monster or 10 or what

#8 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

As long as your level is close to the monster's level, you'll get experience, regardless of what level other party members are. Experience is split dependent on the number of people in your party in the area, though.

If member A is level 50, member B is 20, and monster is 20, A will get no experience, and B will get half the experience. I'm not sure if there's an experience boost for when you're in parties. Either way, B would be getting the same amount of experience as he/she would when partying with another level 20.

there is no experience boost in parties, which is why dungeon exp is so worthless(partly why its so worthless) you get 1/5th of the exp but yet no bonus to kinda tip the scales in favor for partying.

Sorry I meant what level can the monsters be like do I have to be within 5 levels of a monster or 10 or what

there is no limit, you can get someone to kill lvl 50 monsters for a level 1 character and they will still get exp.

#9 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Monster kills are such minimal experience by comparison, I'm not sure if the term leeching would be correct. Sure, you can speed low levels through areas by undertaking killcounts for them, but it's slightly different to leeching.

#10 Tsukura

Tsukura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

It's best to "power level" by AoE spam killing what gives good EXP and won't kill your friend. I can spam aoe kill on my warrior as long as I have a healer just fine. But alone, I need to fight much weaker mobs and rest.

#11 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

My level 10 isnt gaining any EXP from Gold Creamy(49) monsters while in party with my 50 and I have even tried hitting the monsters and it also gave no exp

so there must be a limit to how much higher the monsters can be

Edited by Jonss, 26 May 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#12 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Am I the only person who wants to play through the game at a slower pace and experience all the story events, especially since there isn't much to do endgame at the moment? Everyone is in such a hurry.

#13 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

There is a limit but I haven't found out what it is yet. I do know that a level 7/8 won't get experience from level 30 mobs.
probably is 5 levels or 10 levels but we haven't tried that yet.

#14 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Am I the only person who wants to play through the game at a slower pace and experience all the story events, especially since there isn't much to do endgame at the moment? Everyone is in such a hurry.

I'm not in a hurry to experience all the exact same story events when I decide I would like a different character to play for one reason or another.

That's why I've been leeching and been leeched. To level alts without having to go through the *EXACT* same thing again.

One of the underrated parts of RO was being able to switch up where/how you leveled a character. You could level 5 characters without stepping foot on the same map with each of them. This is like playing through a single-player game again without having the option to change the difficulty level.

I did enjoy reading all the quests and the overall storyline the first time, though. I'll agree with you in the sense that a lot of people rushed through it the first time, definitely. But don't assume that is the only reason to speed level.

Back on topic: I'm not sure what the level gap is yet, but the best way I've found to speed level a character is, as previously mentioned by Scott, to just kill the stuff in the questline/kharas for them very quickly. They get more experience that way and you don't have to worry about level gaps at all. Quest and khara XP > monster XP, even late-game mobs.

Edited by Coulrophobia, 26 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#15 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think its set up sorta like renewal ro1 exp works within 10 lvls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users