• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

It seems like any information about them ended with renewal/heat's nerf or something.

I just got a TK kid up to soul linker and was having a lot of fun with using hurricane/tornado kick on poison spores to level faster than most other classes due to it being an aoe. Then once I hit 39 I had to drop the TK skills for the job change. I was then having fun with fly kicking around with elements until job 40 something where all the skills a SL could use were maxed.

So now that I have a Soul linker I was wondering about using them to make a TKM with zero agility/dex since soul link says it makes them never miss.

I gave them 20 luck since it adds a small amount to attack, P.dodge, and hit. Enough to solo to 15. Then I'll get them a mercenary to level them up to job 50.

Is it best at that point to go full strength/vit and points into nothing else?

Is heat still worth using? And since I'll mostly level them through soul link or mercenary leech. What 3 maps would be the best to save level 80-90+? Can a 99/50 TKM still do thors and other higher level maps?

Should they instead get agility and take the blind 30% attack speed bonus with renewal mechanics/nerfs.

If heat is nerfed greatly, does that mean tornado kick will be my main aoe? Since I'll be using books theres no point in getting sprinting right?

Edited by Lunebeam, 26 May 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#2 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Well, I got them to level 70 mainly using mercs. With soul link and the skill they can hit things (You have to invest 9 points into the carry weight skill to get it). However besides the each hit drain, they also cannot regen hp/sp even while sitting. The only way I've seen so far to get out of this state before its long time is up is to be re-soul linked.

62 strength
70 vit
30 luck

With no gear on

Hp 4539
Sp 342

Oddly enough some higher level monsters they could hit without a link. While they miss the monsters in comando cave enough to just watch the merc kill things. Behind the cave they could easily hit the druids. Thara frogs/hydra in the 40s weren't hard to hit either. Once they are 71+ I'll try the sphinx quests since I remember those monster having bad dodge.

Using solar heat level one, it only does 200-275 a hit to monsters on the marked map that I saw when I tried it a few times.

Edit

Maxed solar heat and it was doing 300-500s to monsters. Doesn't show you in the window how much solar heat time is left and recasting doesn't seem to lengthen the time. Also the buff solar protection doesn't show how much time is remaining either.

I'm not sure if position lag or because I wasn't link skilled at the time, but on one non-boss monster heat was missing or not activating.

When a monster hit me while I was sitting, I went into tumbling form. Unsitting didn't work or using the skill, but a flywing did.

Edited by Lunebeam, 29 May 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#3 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm wondering if someone could post a comprehensive guide or (the thing i'm most worried about) is what skills to get as a TK Boy? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions

Oh, i'm going for a Thor-built TKM

Edited by kbb93, 04 June 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#4 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I kind of have stopped leveling mine since 2x exp ended.

I need to make a second TKM to see if things like sprinting (mainly sprinting) are worth having. My regular damage with a book is higher than unarmed, even just using a clean eden book, even after stopping a sprint.

I was trying encyclopedia today since I had them from the elder Ti. They give 20+ crit and have two slots, a possible 38%+ crit alone for less hits missing when not linked/no dex build with 2 skele cards. The books also give +1 crit for each 5 base luck. I was having about 46% crit rate with it uncarded and a tooth comb + 30 luck.

So a crit/agility build with counter kick might be worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users