[Poll] Assassin Shadow Form - What should it look like? - Page 4 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Poll] Assassin Shadow Form - What should it look like?

107 replies to this topic

#76 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

took a second stab at the aura

removed the blue hue and instead just added a slight darkening mask

also i took the old aura from RO1 from the Bio Lab Monsters and added it instead of the blue streaks
messed up tho and forgot to turn them off after the transformation but w/e

the concept is that when you activate shadow form you are in the smoky dark streaky form. And when you activate a cooldown you transform into the shadow fiend for the duration of the cooldown or for 5-10 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEcRXkJ6oi8&feature=youtu.be

Yes! That looks awesome now ♥

#77 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Cut off the horn on the shadow form, and the wolf jaw, +Face where the jaw is, facing downwards (Red eyes, Shadowed over face, whereas the actual head looks like a helm attached to the rest of the form), longer wolf ears, black shaded wolf? hm...

Shadow form should have just been originally a "Shaded/Hooded" Shade with claws and feet. so being able to attack as a black shadow with intimidating looking features.

Edited by AmiiMii, 10 June 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#78 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

+ 1 million on just staying assassin but if people want to see a change of somewhat then on that video above me
on 0:03 pause it thats the form ill take if it must show im done here :)

#79 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

Even in the trailer they have assassin shown as an assassin, not as a shadow were wolf unicorn - and based on its gear, I'd a level 35 assassin minimum, so it'd have shadow were wolf unicorn by then.

Here's a max level assassin as an assassin, not a shadow were wolf unicorn.

False advertisement.

#80 Reflection

Reflection

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Just change that ugly shadow form for a buff or an aura.... the great assassin of the RO1... is a dog-unicorn in RO2, or if you cannot do it for some reason.. i think it isn't hard tell us .___.

this is the most ridiculous form I've never seen...

Edited by Reflection, 10 June 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#81 Reflection

Reflection

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Posted Image
Here's a rough idea of my personal suggestion of how it should look (ten minutes in photoshop, so pretty rough, but a general idea).
Basically, mostly your normal character, with a shadowy aura, but with the claws from the current shadow form (I like those :D) and the claws kinda meld back into your characters upper arms just past the elbow.

I'll quote my post from the other thread here I guess, but people really need to stop making new threads about this, there's at least 2 active threads on the subject and probably 6 or 7 total.

nice *-*

#82 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

Just change that ugly shadow form for a buff or an aura.... the great assassin of the RO1... is a dog-unicorn in RO2, or if you cannot do it for some reason.. i think it isn't hard tell us .___.

this is the most ridiculous form I've never seen...

Amen.

#83 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

http://forums.warppo...sin-shadowform/

CMs sent our suggestions to the developers.

Edited by Rhint, 11 June 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#84 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

btw this is what i kinda was describing:

Posted Image

along with this..
http://fc02.devianta...shadow_wolf.jpg

Edited by AmiiMii, 11 June 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#85 Nitetasia

Nitetasia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

How about a toggle with no cover up graphic at all, where you just see your character? OP's post references a literal ghost and the second poster wants to just give you a different cover up, but this doesn't address the actual problem - assassin isn't a transformer class. People who played RO1 remember him pretty well, I imagine.

You guys want a cover up? Fine, I don't care. But give us a toggle to turn it off. Your cover ups are not what my class is about at all. You wanna cover the weapons? One of the most exotic traits of the assassin is the use of katar and claw weapons! Found a really bad ass claw weapon with a model you really like? Well under the other guy's system, too damn bad. You have default claw weapons that you share with everyone!

There's nothing to suggest that we have to have a transformation to go with our buff. By being defeatist on the issue and suggesting other over writes that remove our individuality, armor, weapons, and appearance, you help seaRO be lazy in not helping us. Don't cave. Stop suggesting transformations. We don't have to have a marker to say we have shadow form on. We're the only class in the game with the skill. It should be assumed that every assassin has it on.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
No wolves. No hooded guy. No shadow sora. Just assassins.
cuz I forgot to vote :P (if someone can tell me how to do a Spoiler... let me know.. I don't post stuff that much...

Edited by Nitetasia, 12 June 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#86 Santaru

Santaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

There's nothing to suggest that we have to have a transformation to go with our buff. By being defeatist on the issue and suggesting other over writes that remove our individuality, armor, weapons, and appearance, you help seaRO be lazy in not helping us.

seaRO doesn't help us at all. Its Korea that helps us, especially with what we got in the patch earlier today.
Also over writes aren't really overwriting individuality since all characters will look the same with armor types, but I see what you're getting at. Also this is a topic asking what it should look like, so no one is really being "defeatist". Valid suggestion is valid suggestion though.

And I really like the idea of keeping JUST the claws of shadow form on the arms, that would indeed look pretty cool. It lets you maintain your appearance "shows off" your armor, and it just looks sweet.

#87 rinoahearti

rinoahearti

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Agreed.
I think assassins could have just the dark aura, and not the new form.
Who plays assassins, like the assassins style, so keep the style.
I just didnt role a sin cuz its very very bleeeeh! hahah.

#88 xTaltin

xTaltin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

How about a toggle with no cover up graphic at all, where you just see your character? OP's post references a literal ghost and the second poster wants to just give you a different cover up, but this doesn't address the actual problem - assassin isn't a transformer class. People who played RO1 remember him pretty well, I imagine.

Posted Image
Posted Image

^ this

#89 Sonnen

Sonnen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

I approve the plain assassin style.

#90 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

The new Shadow Form concept art they showed on the recent livestream is MUCH better. I approve wholeheartedly (if they keep to that plan).

Can't wait to see it on our server.

#91 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

The new Shadow Form concept art they showed on the recent livestream is MUCH better. I approve wholeheartedly (if they keep to that plan).

Can't wait to see it on our server.

Please tell me there are screenshots, or images of some kind to be provided... :p_sad:

#92 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Sorry, forgot to screenshot. Maybe someone else on the livestream did.

#93 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Sorry, forgot to screenshot. Maybe someone else on the livestream did.

http://www.twitch.tv...ortal/c/2493063 @4m40s
:p_laugh:

Edited by FenrisF, 28 June 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#94 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Ooh, that looks nice.

#95 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...ortal/c/2493063 @4m40s
:p_laugh:

Well, here's the image for people who can't watch the stream without lagging. Certainly hope they'll bring back this original Assassin costume as well, because I'm not liking the current union one. Skull > Rune

Posted Image

#96 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Nice! I really look froward to that!

#97 Takoyakioc

Takoyakioc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

I have made a sin but it's so ugly so I'm not playing it anymore. I also met someone that said he has deleted his sin character because it's such an eyesore. I was thinking about the same idea with you that having a half transparent ermes form & that'll be cool!

My original main character in RO1 was sinx, it looks cool but it's such a huge disappointment in RO2. Too ugly that I cannot stand using it at all!!!!

My suggestion is to make the shadow form as half-transparent character, draw the sinx clothes like ermes, then I'd love the game much more!

#98 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Assasin with a black biolab aura! It looks so good! If they do change it, I'd make an assasin :D

#99 3587130504060515037

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationEspaña
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

i cant make assasin , SF is great but Destroy all assasin skin ,

never make one if SF is necesary .

#100 Zetsubo

Zetsubo

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

The were unicorn needs to go, indeed.

Agreeing with the plain style/potential Biolabs smoke/effect-thingie/glowing eyes. If these indicators aren't overdone, they could make the whole shadow fiend thing quite stylish rather than ridiculous. I mean... I love Sins, but... What teh hell is that Spiderman-crawl when in hiding?! XT

Kind of as with the Beastmaster I'd rather see them use those nifty weapons of them and the equiped gear rather than having everyone look the same.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users