MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

its a garbage spell because of the fact that you have to have a space between you and the monsters. thats just not how the game works(due to monster behavior and position lag) and theyre basically saying you have to have a tank tank the mobs for you or waste more SP on endure and running around like an idiot lining monsters up (and using a third party program to see gridlines? lol). having to constantly spam endure to get the space from the mob makes it an inefficient spell. everytime i see no dmg appear on the monsters directly in front of me, i want to punch my fist through the monitor.

for 10 years ive been a brandish spear user. thought maybe they wouldve fixed the aiming system on BB by now, but alas. it still remains complete crap. when you cant even damage something directly in front of you because its too close, then something is just wrong.

If you're failing at using the best Knight/LK mob skill then I suggest that you pick another class who's gonna be easier to play with.

#27 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

If you're failing at using the best Knight/LK mob skill then I suggest that you pick another class who's gonna be easier to play with.

Posted Image

archer hunter ranger is the easiest way to lvl, just ctrl click everything

#28 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Posted Image

archer hunter ranger is the easiest way to lvl, just ctrl click everything

people still hold down the ctrl button? did you not learn how to type /nc within the first 10 levels of playing the game? im pretty sure they cover it in the tutorial lol

#29 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Maybe my question is here better. Please answer soon I wanna skill my RK :P

Can I drop it as RK? and get other stuff like Parry 10 or Provke 10?

its a DB/HS/V.katz Build

Build will look kinda like that: http://irowiki.org/~...HOeAcFqAaXsNak1 can one proof it?

#30 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Lol bro. Bowling bash is the most op 2nd class skill there is. Take some time and learn to play.

Edited by KamiKali, 18 June 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#31 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

its a DB/HS/V.katz Build

Build will look kinda like that: http://irowiki.org/~...HOeAcFqAaXsNak1 can one proof it?

you dont need BB for that build. just use brandish spear. its a far superior spell for leveling anyways. i guarantee i can level faster with brandish spear than any BB build knight unless theyre using sword guardian cards. in the time it takes them to position a mob properly, ive already killed 2 mobs. plus youll be using DB primarily to level, so you theres no point getting BB at all.

#32 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

its a DB/HS/V.katz Build

you dont need BB for that build. just use brandish spear. its a far superior spell for leveling anyways. i guarantee i can level faster with brandish spear than any BB build knight unless theyre using sword guardian cards. in the time it takes them to position a mob properly, ive already killed 2 mobs. plus youll be using DB primarily to level, so you theres no point getting BB at all.

ok sick, before you screw your character listening this guy you must know 3 things

you do not have a mob control skill in your build, and you need one because even if you can pretty much 1shot kill everything with clashing in early lvls, the best way to level is mobbing places

second, parry only works with 2Hswords, and you are getting hundred spears (only works with spears), so thats kinda odd, also bowling bash worsk with any kind of weapon, brandish only with spears, and even if brandish has better mob control only does like 300% dmg on lvl 10, the damage increase a little the closest the mob is to you, but the max is around 520% or so, bowling bash on the other hand, does a 3x3 area damage, but deal two hits of 500% (1000%) now if you get the right endows the dmg can go really high for a second class skill

third, dragon breath only is effective around lvl 130-135 (unless you have tao gunka) because on those levels your hp and sp pool will be high enough to dealth decent damage with that skill, and as a fire element skill, you will be a joke on fire type monsters, until then you will depend on, bowling bash, brandish or ignition break if you choose that skill to lvl

also rideword hat and quad hunterfly weapon is a must for DB leveling

#33 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Guys, maybe posting pre-renewal videos isn't the best proof that BB is a good skill? Especially if the video shows people using food buffs as part of the pre-mobbing buffs.

Anyway, I've 99'd an LK using BB and another BS, I liked BS more for its simplicity and range but the damage that BB can give is (unfortunately) just too good.

My suggestion to fix the skill? Get rid of the gutter. If RCX is allowed then why even bother having a random "LOL SORRY BRO NO KILL FOR YOU" zone on maps?

Edited by mikayel, 22 June 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#34 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Guys, maybe posting pre-renewal videos isn't the best proof that BB is a good skill? Especially if the video shows people using food buffs as part of the pre-mobbing buffs.

Anyway, I've 99'd an LK using BB and another BS, I liked BS more for its simplicity and range but the damage that BB can give is (unfortunately) just too good.

My suggestion to fix the skill? Get rid of the gutter. If RCX is allowed then why even bother having a random "LOL SORRY BRO NO KILL FOR YOU" zone on maps?

the fact that you need third party software just to even use the skill makes it a complete joke. gravity shouldve implemented a fix years ago for this spell to make it easier to use. like i said though, its not even just the aiming of the spell thats broken, its the fact that if you get hit lagged, youre done for. how are you gonna get out of a mob of 20+ monsters when youre endure effect instantly cancels itself from taking so many hits?

in terms of the best mechanics:

magnum break > brandish spear > dragon breath > ignition break > bowling bash

why in gods name they decided to come up with 5 completely different aiming systems baffles me. its just sad how user unfriendly this spell is, because it has so much potential to be awesome

#35 CrowTheFallen

CrowTheFallen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

[/size]

the fact that you need third party software just to even use the skill makes it a complete joke. gravity shouldve implemented a fix years ago for this spell to make it easier to use. like i said though, its not even just the aiming of the spell thats broken, its the fact that if you get hit lagged, youre done for. how are you gonna get out of a mob of 20+ monsters when youre endure effect instantly cancels itself from taking so many hits?

why in gods name they decided to come up with 5 completely different aiming systems baffles me. its just sad how user unfriendly this spell is, because it has so much potential to be awesome

inb4 Endure is a thing.

#36 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

[/size]

dude seriously, hurts read your post for how wrong you are, and every single one have posted here agree with that, want perma endure effect? spam spear dynamo

pre renewal bb vids aren't diferent how the skill works nowdays, so is still accurate

most of us never used RCX to know where the grids are, just learn how to play or take another class or even another game if is too hard for you

if you still sayind you re a veteran player and don't know how to use BB, you re a joke

#37 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Maybe because that's not a pre-renewal video...? (assuming you're talking about Kami's video and not Hayroh's)

And all I hear is QQ. I leveled my Knight/LK and my Rogue/Stalker class with BB and it was MUCH easier/quicker than leveling any other class imo. The only problem I had is when Teddy Bears dispelled my Rogue :( (luckily she was 98 and I quickly transed and got Preserve+ Soul Link :3 ).

Edited by IsisThump, 24 June 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#38 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Bowling Bash is beast nuff said.

#39 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Maybe because that's not a pre-renewal video...? (assuming you're talking about Kami's video and not Hayroh's)

I was referring to the one killing dragons in abyss, as that does not happen in Renewal. But, even in Kami's video, there's a lot of food buffs being used which IMO is not for basic leveling. I get that you can solo with BB, I've done it plenty of times -- but just because it's better than brandish spear (in damage output) doesn't mean it's completely perfect.

Call it QQing if you want but I think the gutter is a silly idea that should be removed.

pre renewal bb vids aren't diferent how the skill works nowdays, so is still accurate

It's outdated and shows someone leveling an LK on monsters that an LK cannot level off of in Renewal. If you're saying the aiming mechanic is the same, then fine -- the gutter is still silly.

Edited by mikayel, 24 June 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#40 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

It's outdated and shows someone leveling an LK on monsters that an LK cannot level off of in Renewal. If you're saying the aiming mechanic is the same, then fine -- the gutter is still silly.

yes i was saying about the mechanic, and i was talking about the kami vid, and even if hayro vid is outdated, you can do the same in renewal if you go whit a LK- RK with decent gear and bowling there, even if you do not get good exp you can pretty much do the same

i agree with you about the gutters are silly but, by any means that makes the skill sucks,noone said its perfect, but for a 2nd job skill is one of the best if not the best on melee side to lvl til 3rd job, good damage, low sp cost, can be used by any weapon and powered up by right endows/cards

#41 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Gutter lines are silly, but they're never gonna take it out so YOLO~

#42 toumakoukin

toumakoukin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

its a garbage spell because of the fact that you have to have a space between you and the monsters. thats just not how the game works(due to monster behavior and position lag) and theyre basically saying you have to have a tank tank the mobs for you or waste more SP on endure and running around like an idiot lining monsters up (and using a third party program to see gridlines? lol). having to constantly spam endure to get the space from the mob makes it an inefficient spell. everytime i see no dmg appear on the monsters directly in front of me, i want to punch my fist through the monitor.

for 10 years ive been a brandish spear user. thought maybe they wouldve fixed the aiming system on BB by now, but alas. it still remains complete crap. when you cant even damage something directly in front of you because its too close, then something is just wrong.

Please do punch your monitor because if you can't even learn to reflect on what you did wrong you're already a failure as a human being.

Seriously 10 years? What the hell were you doing all those years? Playing with the shaft of your spear while you prepare to brandish it then complain about your inablity to use the skill correctly? Can you smack yourself on the side of your head for me? I'd appreciate it lol

#43 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

if you still sayind you re a veteran player and don't know how to use BB, you re a joke

trollololololol. u mad bro?

i love that this is the only active thread in this entire section.

BB is a skill with awesome damage and a garbage aiming mechanic. simple as that.

#44 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

BB is a skill with awesome damage

Posted Image

/topic

#45 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

i agree with you about the gutters are silly but, by any means that makes the skill sucks,noone said its perfect, but for a 2nd job skill is one of the best if not the best on melee side to lvl til 3rd job, good damage, low sp cost, can be used by any weapon and powered up by right endows/cards

Sounds like you and I are on the same page and agree.

The game needs more updates that assess the current state of the game at least a few times a year instead of... jesus, what, twice since Renewal was put out?

The gutter needs to go, there's no reason for it to remain -- especially if the management allows use of RCX.

#46 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

BB is a skill with awesome damage and a garbage aiming mechanic. simple as that.

You call 3k dmg awsome? I think it sucks compared to other rebith classes.

I never had problems to hit the enemys with it, but 3k damn that realy sucks.

#47 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationMOOTXICO!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

You call 3k dmg awsome? I think it sucks compared to other rebith classes.

I never had problems to hit the enemys with it, but 3k damn that realy sucks.

BB hits twice so in this example is 3k x2 = 6k, you can actually see that ingame when you check your damage, there are numbers behind numbers

BB its the best AoE melee skill on any job til 3rd class, (Trans included)

#48 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

@sickgaming, 3k damage is probably the lower end of users. with my +7 veteran sword with sword guardian and endows, i do 12~17k bb per hit when i was LK.
Here's why its awesome= its low in mana cost, has no cast, spams pretty easily and is pretty reliable with rcx.

#49 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

ok that are good points for BB, well I'm happy atm with my full DB build.

Do sword guardians increase the dmg more than those Valk/TG Violetfears?

#50 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

Yes, sword guardians increase damage of bowling bash more than valk and TG violet fears. This is because the damage of bowling bash is boosted as a overall % rather than boost to attack status for valk and tg (which is better in most other cases). Therefore a 10k damage bowling bash will be boosted to 17.5k using a veteran sword with SG (75% boost). However, when you become a higher level RK, ignition break becomes part of your damage arsenal as well and at that moment you would prefer high attacks to boost your other skills in the chain as well rather than just bowling bash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users