Massive Stat, Skill and Weapon Revamping - Page 3 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Massive Stat, Skill and Weapon Revamping

72 replies to this topic

#51 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

I've always thought of RO1's success was attributed more to its sandbox MMO nature. You have a game that's still going a decade later and still being developed for that's not WoW with a much small player base. In RO1, you made your own content, your own purpose for existing in Rune-Midgard. Every class actually mattered with its own role(well, after Trans update/rebalancing) and there was an individual perk to being any class. The linear progression of RO2 is of course due in part to the trend to produce MMOs that take many elements from WoW, resulting in maps and content that is forgettable because there's never many reasons to visit the different maps. None of the maps interconnect to multiple maps excluding towns, resulting in a straight line travelling through each ride in the theme park.

RO2 can succeed if it balances/polishes its gameplay while playing off our nostalgia of RO1. Things like bringing back iconic pieces from RO1, like roaming MvPs or WoE are huge in this. Not to mention actual RO1 second class costumes! Who's excited about that one?

#52 gsj677

gsj677

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

That is totally what I wanna say to the developers!

The stats and skill trees in RO1 were fantastic. Before RO2 LOTS released, I was hoping developer could build the game just based on what RO1 had with 3D version and add more quests. I must say that RO2 has pretty good quest system.

On the other hand, I guess revamping what the game has could be difficult, but how about extending the top level from 50 to like 80? Then, adding 3rd classes, for example, wizard turns to be like high wizard. Then the skill trees can be made more versatile, and the way that the stats work now can be modified into what we are suggesting.

As many players are saying, the current game playing is a little simple and linear. Therefore, if we have the level and class extension, then the game could make players feel like we are progressing into a new world from the simple and linear one.

Those are my points :)

#53 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

That is totally what I wanna say to the developers!

The stats and skill trees in RO1 were fantastic. Before RO2 LOTS released, I was hoping developer could build the game just based on what RO1 had with 3D version and add more quests. I must say that RO2 has pretty good quest system.

On the other hand, I guess revamping what the game has could be difficult, but how about extending the top level from 50 to like 80? Then, adding 3rd classes, for example, wizard turns to be like high wizard. Then the skill trees can be made more versatile, and the way that the stats work now can be modified into what we are suggesting.

As many players are saying, the current game playing is a little simple and linear. Therefore, if we have the level and class extension, then the game could make players feel like we are progressing into a new world from the simple and linear one.

Those are my points :)

They were my points, too. However, I also said that just increasing the level may not fix the linear feel, as it will simply lead back to feeling burnt-out once you hit the level cap, again...

Spoiler

#54 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

I'm so happy to have read this thread.

I agree with everything you said. I feel the same way.

There's still a problem. In the future, there will be a new race, Noel. If they are going to make this game more RO1ish, they will have to remove them.

After all, I'm pessimistic about this... I don't think that they will ever rework RO2 like you mentioned in this topic... /sob.

And unless you let an airship fly around their building to let them know, think and tell us about their opinion, I don't think that this will ever reach Gravity..

---

I only skimmed this as I'm too tired to focus right now and I imagine I'll agree with most of it anyway.

That said...

Hell -no-. Assassins use Katars, not claws. Monks use claws, they're a kind of knuckle. Give the Assassins their Katars back.

---

I'll read the rest later.

Yes /sob

---

I also miss the feature to heal undeads =(

---

Sorta off-topic:

Spoiler

That's not a player gunslinger.. it's just a story NPC with a gun xD

Edited by Mondaiji, 08 June 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#55 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

I'm so happy to have read this thread.

I agree with everything you said. I feel the same way.

There's still a problem. In the future, there will be a new race, Noel. If they are going to make this game more RO1ish, they will have to remove them.

After all, I'm pessimistic about this... I don't think that they will ever rework RO2 like you mentioned in this topic... /sob.

And unless you let an airship fly around their building to let them know, think and tell us about their opinion, I don't think that this will ever reach Gravity..

---

Yes /sob

---

I also miss the feature to heal undeads =(

---

That's not a player gunslinger.. it's just a story NPC with a gun xD

Yeah, I was told that it wasn't a player a page back when I first said that. I was just quoting it from there.

As for Noel, I don't think it would be too far of a stretch from RO1, since, as I've said, there were Giants, and Dwarves in RO1 in NPCs. You also saw Druids, Elves, and other demi-humans (and human-monster chimeras) in some NPCs and in monsters, too. There's also Neko-Neko (name probably varied by server), who wasn't a full human, since she had cat ears (not just an item) and she had a tail, too, so... It wouldn't be all-bad. It has been 300 years since RO1. It wouldn't be a stretch to allow other races to be the heroes, too. Plus, they might have their own story, and starting point, which could remove the linear feel RO2 currently has.

#56 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, I was told that it wasn't a player a page back when I first said that. I was just quoting it from there.

As for Noel, I don't think it would be too far of a stretch from RO1, since, as I've said, there were Giants, and Dwarves in RO1 in NPCs. You also saw Druids, Elves, and other demi-humans (and human-monster chimeras) in some NPCs and in monsters, too. There's also Neko-Neko (name probably varied by server), who wasn't a full human, since she had cat ears (not just an item) and she had a tail, too, so... It wouldn't be all-bad. It has been 300 years since RO1. It wouldn't be a stretch to allow other races to be the heroes, too. Plus, they might have their own story, and starting point, which could remove the linear feel RO2 currently has.

Yes, but still, there wasn't any other race for the players to play. I ain't accept any other race >_<

Edited by Mondaiji, 08 June 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#57 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yes, but still, there wasn't any other race for the players to play. I ain't accept any other race >_<

XD Isn't that a bit racist? Can't let another race be the hero? Gotta be the humans?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Like I said, it's been 300 years. Things change. There's also the fact that, as much as we want RO2 to be like RO1; it's not RO1. Things have changed, and will continue to change, both in the world of RO and in the world of MMOs.

#58 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

XD Isn't that a bit racist? Can't let another race be the hero? Gotta be the humans?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Like I said, it's been 300 years. Things change. There's also the fact that, as much as we want RO2 to be like RO1; it's not RO1. Things have changed, and will continue to change, both in the world of RO and in the world of MMOs.

I'm not >_<

And we are demi-human, not human =p
I just think that it was just another feature what kept RO unique - just one race. I don't want to be something else. I can see the release day coming, a huge army of lolis will storm into rune midgard /spin. I will probably quit this game when they arrive~

#59 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm not >_<

And we are demi-human, not human =p
I just think that it was just another feature what kept RO unique - just one race. I don't want to be something else. I can see the release day coming, a huge army of lolis will storm into rune midgard /spin. I will probably quit this game when they arrive~

Okay, then you're a Sizeist. You hate and discriminate upon the little people. :p_sad:

Right, that's true; we are. :p_idea:

:p_laugh: Well still, as said, different races were present in RO1. I don't think it'll be so bad if they're playable characters.

#60 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

No -.- I played Elin race in Tera, you are annoying /sigh
I want Ragnarok to stay like Ragnarok and not like other games, but you don't seem to get that. Let's stop arguing.

#61 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

No -.- I played Elin race in Tera, you are annoying /sigh
I want Ragnarok to stay like Ragnarok and not like other games, but you don't seem to get that. Let's stop arguing.

You clearly don't understand sarcasm. I wasn't being serious about the racist/sizeist comments.

If you want it to, fine, but the fact is, it's not going to NOT be Ragnarok just because they allow other races to be the hero.

#62 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Didn't know that you weren't srs about it :ani_swt3:
Well it's already less Ragnarok than it's supposed to be x'D

#63 WordOnTheWind

WordOnTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

No -.- I played Elin race in Tera

That brings a different word to mind.

#64 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

That brings a different word to mind.

Oh, yes, the word "race" gives the sentence a wrong meaning. :ani_swt3: I meant that I played Elin ~ I didn't do any races xD

Edited by Mondaiji, 09 June 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#65 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Didn't know that you weren't srs about it :ani_swt3:
Well it's already less Ragnarok than it's supposed to be x'D

RO2 = less RO than RO. :p_swt: Because... Gravity said, "F__K LOGIC!" :p_laugh:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 09 June 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#66 WordOnTheWind

WordOnTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Oh, yes, the word "race" gives the sentence a wrong meaning. :ani_swt3: I meant that I played Elin ~ I didn't do any races xD

Not what I meant, either.

#67 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Not what I meant, either.

:p_sick:

Whatever! This isn't important now.

What's important is what is told in the very first post of this thread » that this game needs a goddamn change! >_<

/Edit: I forgot to mention something about the Beastmaster part in your suggestion, SorcerousPhantom: They should just remove the BM class and bring Bard/Dancer back~

Edited by Mondaiji, 11 June 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#68 Fuggaak

Fuggaak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

I would love to see RO2 become it's own actual entity instead of a WoW ripoff like every MMORPG is nowadays. RO1 was, and really still is a great game because it is unique. Copying another big MMORPG just because it has millions of players is not the way to go. If RO2 had stuck to it's roots of RO1 style gameplay with improved graphics and mechanics it would be a great game. Hopefully someone in the dev team somewhere will realize this at some point and make this game into what it could and should be.

#69 ZefirusKZ

ZefirusKZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Not gonna happen.

#70 Disenchanter

Disenchanter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

And we are NORMAN, not human =p

fix'd

http://ragnarok.wikia.com/wiki/Norman

#71 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

this game hardly has 1 year even in korea and you all are asking so many changes... ro1 didnt had 2.2 jobs on its release so calm yourselves and wait...

#72 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

this game hardly has 1 year even in korea and you all are asking so many changes... ro1 didnt had 2.2 jobs on its release so calm yourselves and wait...

Most of us here know this. We're simply speaking about what we'd like to see in the future. We don't expect it to come anytime soon. We know they need to work on bugs, first... Although, it surprises me that they're implementing a fix for the 3 Super Large Bag Khara, and a fix for the Shadow Form appearance before fixing the major bugs (then again, maybe they'll fix the bugs before implementing the Shadow Form appearance change).

Still, hope for the future is nice, and talking about what could be (and what we'd like to see) is fun, indeed. :p_idea:

#73 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationI travel across Midgard, aimlessly.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

The only way we'd get these changes would be to pay a great deal of money to gravity to work on improving RO2. In which case, they'd probably make it into another Game (Ragnarok Online 3: Return to Midgard or something similar).

I'd happily donate hundreds to the movement in the event that Gravity agreed to do it. At the moment, RO2 is Ragnarok only in name and that's all that's keeping it afloat in today's market. The animations are sub-par and the battle system has so many massive flaws that more people quit per day than join.

Edit: On another note, I really need to change my siggy and info. Still toting my RO1 stuff.

Edited by VermillionT, 08 July 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users