Ten ways to fix and balance the Colosseum. - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ten ways to fix and balance the Colosseum.

61 replies to this topic

#1 Uche

Uche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

General Fixes

1. Place a ????? over the player's class when you have them selected. This will eliminate the "tab target until you find a first job player" mentality.
2. Likewise, place a ????? over other player's HP and SP bars. This will eliminate kill stealing almost entirely and will help separate good players from bad ones.
3. Force everyone to dress in a Colosseum specific costume for the duration to help prevent grouping and help players with lower level items to survive.
4. To further prevent grouping, upon clicking the Colosseum button, a 5 minute timer will pass, which will gather a larger group of players and then randomly distribute them over multiple instances.
5. Fix the desynchronization issues. It's hard to click on people as it is, let alone having them rubberbanding all over the place

Balance Fixes

6. Dispel all buffs save for consumables from characters upon entering. This will remove party buffs. Self buffs can be re administered.
7. Increase movement speed on melee classes with the exception of the assassin by 5%, they need it.
8. Slightly nerf the damage output of the Sorcerer class. Everyone here can agree it scales far too well in the Colosseum.
9. Buff the damage output of the Monk class. Guillotine Fist is a pain to land on a moving target, and the damage scales horribly.
10. Nerf the healing output of the Priest class. I have seen a Priest outheal the damage output of four players at the same time.

Most of these fixes with the exception of #4 and #5 should not be very hard to do, and would make the Colosseum infinitely more bearable.

Edited by Uche, 04 June 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#2 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

+1, though I also suggest turning off all consumables entirely.

#3 HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Those are some good ideas to start to fix the coliseum.

Edited by HeHateMe, 04 June 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#4 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I only agree with your balance fixes with the sorcs/priests. I don't think increasing the movement speed on melee characters is a good idea. I think the ranged characters just need their movement speed buffs nerfed and duration shortened.

I don't agree with anything else. Base classes are targeted because they're nubs who don't know how to fight and lack skill points. Why're you trying to make it easier for lv.15 nub classes to farm for a lv.50 colo weapon that's one of the best weapons in the game?

Hiding HP bars will just have everybody running into an entire group of each other and spamming AoE's. It would be ENTIRELY luck to hopefully land a kill on somebody while you're spamming AoE's instead of at least finding a player and delivering the finishing blow.

#5 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

I agree with all them especially the Sorc dmg nerfing lol. I also think that RANGERS need to have there chars immobile while casting like everyone else, Rangers can easily run and shoot at the same time its op as-_- lol. Also When rangers use traps in camo that should count as an attack skill and uncloak them. As for Sorc I say just take away there 2x dmg in Colo that should nerf them well enough.

#6 Uche

Uche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Varunax, the point of the Colosseum is so that every player, regardless of level can be on even footing and have a chance to win.
Why do you think they allow anyone to enter? Why do you think they scale all the items to level 50? Why do you think they try to prevent grouping and make it a true FFA?
It's pretty clear the intention is so that EVERYONE can compete. If level 50's want to stroke themselves they can do it elsewhere. The Colosseum is about equal grounds.
Nobody even mentioned the Colo weapons, they will still give level 50's and only level 50's an advantage, so please put down the pipe before you come in here raging.
Lower levels already have the disadvantage of not having enough skill variety and worse scaling, so there is no need to put a big flag over there heads as well.
And no, it won't cause people to AoE, are you serious or just trolling? I'm guessing you are someone that relies entirely on last hitting to pass to the next round.

Edited by Uche, 04 June 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#7 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

They should aslo give points for for how much of the hp you take from a target. This last hit kill is ridiculous

#8 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Varunax, the point of the Colosseum is so that every player, regardless of level can be on even footing and have a chance to win.
Why do you think they allow anyone to enter? Why do you think they scale all the items to level 50? Why do you think they try to prevent grouping and make it a true FFA?
It's pretty clear the intention is so that EVERYONE can compete. If level 50's want to stroke themselves they can do it elsewhere. The Colosseum is about equal grounds.
Nobody even mentioned the Colo weapons, they will still give level 50's and only level 50's an advantage, so please put down the pipe before you come in here raging.
Lower levels already have the disadvantage of not having enough skill variety and worse scaling, so there is no need to put a big flag over there heads as well.
And no, it won't cause people to AoE, are you serious or just trolling? I'm guessing you are someone that relies entirely on last hitting to pass to the next round.

No, it's just that your suggestion is rewarding bad players. We have skill points for a reason. Low levels aren't going to stand a chance with Lv1 bash or Lv1 cold bolt regardless of how equal of a chance you're trying to make it.

#9 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

The colo puts people on equal footing stats wise, adding features that attempt to put a skilled player on equal footing with someone who has no idea what they're doing is just stupid. The only change needed for solo is the removal of the last hit mechanic, award points based on the amount of damage done, not just for the last hit. I would also support the removal of all buffs upon entering and disallowing consumables of any kind, but those aren't necessary changes in my opinion.

#10 Uche

Uche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

*Facepalm*.. are you people illiterate? Where did I say anything about strengthening lower levels, please quote me.
And what does removing the HP and SP bars, along with the class logo have to do with skill level?
Why must they be disadvantaged in the sense where everyone can just tab till they are spotted and then mass ganked all round long.
All I proposed was that the lower levels were harder to spot, instead of standing out like a sore thumb then getting raped constantly by everyone looking for an easy kill.
No one said they had to be equal in power so stop putting words in my mouth. Maybe you should read the OP again.
Everything I proposed should be changed for the better of the majority of people, level 50's are the vocal minority here and the ones that frequent this forum the most.
Most players have better things to do, but should still be able to compete in the Colosseum.
Higher level players already have more and stronger skills, more experience with game mechanics, colo PVP gear bonuses, and higher tier title bonuses.
Is this not enough for you that you need to argue with me about removing the freaking little "class" indicator? Seriously grow up. And either stop derailing my thread, or gtfo.

Edited by Uche, 04 June 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#11 Follisimo

Follisimo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Only thing I want changed is the last hit resulting in the kill reward. Should be most damage done to someone over the last 5 seconds before death. Most powerful classes wait around for someone to lower someones HP then 1 shot it stealing a kill they clearly didn't earn. This won't ever change, but many get the raw end of the deal on this matter and it's not skilled players playing smart.

#12 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

*Facepalm*.. are you people illiterate? Where did I say anything about strengthening lower levels, please quote me.
And what does removing the HP and SP bars, along with the class logo have to do with skill level?
Why must they be disadvantaged in the sense where everyone can just tab till they are spotted and then mass ganked all round long.
All I proposed was that the lower levels were harder to spot, instead of standing out like a sore thumb then getting raped constantly by everyone looking for an easy kill.
No one said they had to be equal in power so stop putting words in my mouth. Maybe you should read the OP again.
Everything I proposed should be changed for the better of the majority of people, level 50's are the vocal minority here and the ones that frequent this forum the most.
Most players have better things to do, but should still be able to compete in the Colosseum.
Higher level players already have more and stronger skills, more experience with game mechanics, colo PVP gear bonuses, and higher tier title bonuses.
Is this not enough for you that you need to argue with me about removing the freaking little "class" indicator? Seriously grow up. And either stop derailing my thread, or gtfo.

I'm not level 50, I'm not particularly good at the pvp in this game either, but I still disagree with a lot of your proposed changes. There's no point in removing the class indicator, its pretty easy to just look at someone and know what class they are. Removing hp/sp bars is retarded, you have no idea if you're doing damage or not, you could be sitting there hammering on someone for no reason because they're either healing it all or using a defense boost skill to mitigate it, but you have no idea, you have to just sit there attacking and hope its effective, that doesn't add skill into the equation, it removes it. And derailing your thread? Grow up, you posted a proposed change, I disagree with it. Your opinion isn't everyone's opinion, so get over yourself.

#13 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

We're not even derailing your thread. We're disagreeing and you're getting pissed off that a few of us disagree with your greatest idea ever. Most of these suggestions have already been made before.

If you have better things to do, don't colo. It's annoyingly stupid when casual players want the game skewed to their favor when they barely even play in the first place. You seem like you don't even know what you're talking about. Have you even won a colo?

We have HP/SP bars to see who we're attacking and using our stuns / 30 second cool down skills as finisher so they don't just pop on +50% dmg reduction skills or teleport away at the last second and escaping the kills.

Colo is a huge unbalanced free for all brawl kill fest. Problem is... that's how the developers intended the design to be and it's something you don't seem to understand.

Everybody comes up with these balancing ideas but in the end, we just need the explorer buffs removed and that's about it.

#14 Uche

Uche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Sigh, and this is why games like this never get fixed, you have your proof in here folks.
So let me get this straight, the only reason you two are in here with your rabble is because of hiding the HP/SP/Class? Seriously?
I never said to remove health bars, I just said to change the flat number to a ?????. You can still see yourself doing damage based on the red bar going down. DERP
The proposed change to the HP and SP bars were only to stop people from pre-targeting people with low health NUMBERS.
Right now at the start of every round, everyone tab targets until they find the person with the lowest max hp. I've seen 3-5 players all following someone just because their max hp was low.
Besides, Colosseum is meant to be an ANONYMOUS free for all, that scales players so that there is minimal difference between players, save for PVP gear and skills.
How is creating more anonymity the point that you two are contesting? Is it because you won't get your cheap and easy kills anymore?
How will hiding the HP numbers and class affect you at all? If it doesn't affect you then why are you here? If it does affect you, then the change will work as expected.
If you want to display how elite you are, then wait for WoE, and judging from your tones, its clear you have serious ego's centered around your Colloseum performance.
I'm sitting here wondering if you two have even read a single word I have said and are just winging it. No one likes annoying contrarians.

Edited by Uche, 04 June 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#15 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Ah, no wonder you want to change it for low levels. It's because you can't win the colo and think Lv.50 players in this game are a vast minority.

DERP

Yep, sums your attitude and scrubbiness up in a nutshell. :/

OMG I CANT WIN COLO SO IM GONNA POST A CHANGE TO THE GAME THAT WILL LET ME WIN COLO FOR ONCE OMFGAASDFA!1!1231plz DISAGREE AND GTFO U NO LIFE WREWE!1243124124

Edited by Varunax, 04 June 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#16 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

I agree with Varunax, you sound like a whiny-_- tbh. Did you even read my post? I'm not level 50 and I haven't won a colo, half the time I only advance based on mob kills, but I still don't agree with your changes. They remove an element of skill whether you want to admit it or not. Take away the hp numbers and I'll have no idea when its time to use my finisher skill cause I wouldn't be able to see whether they still have 3k hp or if its down to 1k, just that its low.

#17 LoNgGoNe

LoNgGoNe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Something needs to be done with Wizards also. Slowpokes when it comes to casting, allowing players to continually run backwards and forwards through the wizard. Sure we have spells to help us keep a distance but the cooldowns are far too long for quick rounds like Colo.
I would like to see the stats of which class triumphs most often.
My bet is on rangers and sorcs, they need to be gimped : )

I like the idea of the ???? over the numbers of health. I'm guilty of following those with lower Hp's.

Biggest pet peeve is the kill stealing, turns what could be a fun romp, into a stressful chore.

Edited by LoNgGoNe, 04 June 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#18 Uche

Uche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Lol please, Varunax and Cloud, you are both useless in this topic For starters I have 2 level 50's and 4 level 30's so I have no idea what you are talking about.
Secondly, I've been Colo champ 4 times, 3 on my level 50 Ranger, and once on my 50 Warrior. I've gotten to round 5 many many times with my other characters as well.
Regardless, way to derail the thread with your childishness, seriously you have nothing better to do than to go shut down every thread that will actually stop you from being a cheap scrub and leeching kills.
Apparently these two rely SO much on the "derp lemme tab target till I find a first job player or one with below 8500 max hp derp", yet here they are calling other people scrubs and casual, lol irony.
Or it might just be that you want people to see your super high hp and never target you? This goes both ways, nobody targets Priests, and nobody targets people with 13k hp when they could hit someone with 8k.
With these changes in effect, then maybe people will start trying to kill people with high hp, but low defense, which right now are getting ignored and allowed to steamroll. Kind of like Varunax's Warrior.
Everyone knows that damage numbers that you dish out in the colo are completely random, sometimes you'll hit a parry for 500 and another you will crit for 5000 so don't tell me you do "calculations" bullcrap.
If anything, my suggestions make the Colo HARDER, because now not only do you need to fight for kills, but you are more likely to get killed by some low level.
Also I am still waiting on you guys to quote me on where I suggested that lower levels be strengthened because so far its just trolling, which I have reported.

PS. Varunax, it's pretty damn clear the only character you have is a level 50 warrior and are SUPER biased towards giving level 50's everything and everyone else nothing.
You should have made alts sucker, I go to the Colo 6 times whenever its up, vs your one time. While I want my 50's to be powerful, and they are, I also want my 30's to do just as well.

Edited by Uche, 04 June 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#19 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

CloudySkys and Varunax [as well as Uche], please watch what tone you take with people. This thread was meant as a suggestion and discussion, not somewhere to troll the OP.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 04 June 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#20 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'm not trolling, I posted stating that I didn't agree with the changes he proposed and he came at me.

#21 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I am aware of this. I am warning all three of you, okay? <3

#22 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

How about the most obvious one, people shooting through walls? ROFL

#23 Noctiluca

Noctiluca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Today in Colo I got kited by a Ranger and all he did was keep impact arrow on me and he back peddled while still kiting me. This was the last round, no one else was visible cause they used conceal scrolls/were invis. I really think it's unfair that the duration of his slow being longer than the CD of the skill itself so I agree with buffing melee movement speed, maybe even add a slow instead on some of our skills? For example as a warrior if I did a 30 rage aura strike on a player it would apply a slow ONLY if it's the 30 rage aura strike.

#24 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

suggestion : make colo gears not useable outside the pvp collosseum.
reason : as the collosseum still not balanced its not fair for other classes that easily win the colo can do easy raid too.

#25 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

suggestion : make colo gears not useable outside the pvp collosseum.
reason : as the collosseum still not balanced its not fair for other classes that easily win the colo can do easy raid too.

I see no reason to implement this, getting the colo gear is at least as much of a time investment as getting raid gear, the only thing this would accomplish is forcing people to carry around 2 full gear sets in their already limited inventory.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users