The Soldier - 1st Class (Common / One Hand / Two Hand) - Soldier - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Soldier - 1st Class (Common / One Hand / Two Hand)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Please use this section to discuss any balance ideas you may have that you feel could help the class benefit from.

Keep in mind that we are not looking to create overpowered situations and not all suggestions will be considered valid if they are outside the design scope of the class.

#2 Frikl

Frikl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

soldier-two hand sword, lvl 30 here, my comments, the skill continuously fail, miss and hit sometimes. and regular hits atak also sometimes miss, it is assumed that the CON, help in the accu but in this lvl i see no help.

I see the skill well so far, the only detail is they do not have the anti-buff? know that are the battle, but I mean the skill that hurt.

#3 rddr

rddr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

As one-hand soldier, I cant see the damage of the sweeping strike, but it does kill the enemy.

#4 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Two hand sword soldier, the biggest issue is the mana problems. In the live servers champions have a mp mastery, but in here you do like 3 or 4 skills and your mp bar is gone by 70%

#5 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Thanks guys, your feedback has been noted down and will be reviewed for adjustments.
If you have any details regarding your characters, such as stats, skills and anything else that could help us see how you were playing, can help us make adjustments to game play.

#6 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Axe solider: the aoe doesn't work at all, the burn effect of the skill requirement for aoe (i don't remember the name sry) seems a little bit low+ it looks like it got an area effect some times.
However it seems like you did a great job, they have been balanced nice to mobs and their dmg was equal to other job ones.

#7 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thanks SlowBob, I'll check the skill to see what might be going on with it. It was working for me when I tested it first, but I might have accidentally changed something again. The burn effects aren't working how I wanted originally, but it's just intended to be a small added bit of damage from what you do normally. The Axe tree is the harder hitting of all trees, but longest in cooldown.

#8 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

The Axe tree is the harder hitting of all trees, but longest in cooldown.
You got enoth skills to just spam them, the dmg i dealt was 400 with the weakest and about 700 with the best skill, basicly you can just spam them, since there are enoth of them.
Spamming skills looks in general a way more effective than pure mele.

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

All depends on how you build yourself.

#10 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

I tried going mele first, since that's what i prefer however due to the fact that i got an AP buff and no aspeed buff i switched to skillspamming. It seemed to be the best option for lowlvls. I could basicly spam them all the time, the global cooldown didn't realy stop me. However counting in buffs of clerics, mele would probably own.

Edited by SlowBob, 17 June 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#11 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

I tried going mele first, since that's what i prefer however due to the fact that i got an AP buff and no aspeed buff i switched to skillspamming. It seemed to be the best option for lowlvls. I could basicly spam them all the time, the global cooldown didn't realy stop me. However counting in buffs of clerics, mele would probably own.

Because passives take longer to max out, early levels you don't really see too much benefit but as you level and gain the ability to start putting points into them, they really help and can make for some solid game straight melee combat. :) But with how things changed, early on, the active combat skills are certainly more fun and beneficial to use, which was I felt was an important early fun feeling to have. :)

#12 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

i lvl a knight to be sword shield and i must say the way you make it its a mess now return it to as it was becose knight is fine as it is dont mess whit it but hey thats just my words for it, right now skill tree looks so messed up and so slow to hit anything compeared to real server (no i had no cleric buffs or im buffs when i lvl trollhunter on real server) so yes i know the difrent when i see it :) i got to lvl 25++ before time run up and it took to long to lvl to so didnt get to test much at all as it was, just my cent oh and give a special mount to the ones that got highest lvl is kinda unfear if you ask me didnt see that message before it was to late to do a lvl all night/day run to get as high as posible

#13 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

sword soldiers miss entirely TOO much...I cannot reliably kill even green enemies with a sword soldier accuracy is a major issue...also why were the status downs removed? some debuffs on the aoes for soliders would be welcome.

#14 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

i lvl a knight to be sword shield and i must say the way you make it its a mess now return it to as it was becose knight is fine as it is dont mess whit it but hey thats just my words for it, right now skill tree looks so messed up and so slow to hit anything compeared to real server (no i had no cleric buffs or im buffs when i lvl trollhunter on real server) so yes i know the difrent when i see it :) i got to lvl 25++ before time run up and it took to long to lvl to so didnt get to test much at all as it was, just my cent oh and give a special mount to the ones that got highest lvl is kinda unfear if you ask me didnt see that message before it was to late to do a lvl all night/day run to get as high as posible

I appreciate the feedback, but you unfortunately gave me nothing to work with in how things can improve aside from they felt slow. Animation speeds have been adjusted across the board to help with that feeling for all skills.

Keep in mind also that you didn't have access to some things you may be normally used to on the live server, since you are starting from scratch.

As for the mount prizes, you would prefer I give a prize to someone challenged to a 'who can reach the highest level', but wasn't actually playing? I'm sorry, but that's unfair and I didn't straight out remove them from the contest, I subtracted all the levels gained in that manner, so those "levels" didn't count. If you were leveling all day and night and actually playing, then all your levels would count.

sword soldiers miss entirely TOO much...I cannot reliably kill even green enemies with a sword soldier accuracy is a major issue...also why were the status downs removed? some debuffs on the aoes for soliders would be welcome.

Reviewing a lot of the monster stats, much of them had stats scaled to the live server, which for many were also based on player stats and growth. So there's been a significant amount of tweaking when it comes to monster stats to help smooth that out, so the 'missing' factor should be much less, unless you neglect to keep up with your accuracy as you level.

As for the debuffs, yes, there were many missing and they're all being attended to now. We'll probably open up Pegasus for a continued test period of stage 1, so the feedback given can be put to use and given further feedback on the changes to see how it affected game play, positively or negatively.

#15 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

when it comes to the mount price i think it was missunderstanding but what ever not importen anyway, when will server be back agen ?

#16 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

MaxMan, Pegasus is currently online and open to anyone who wishes to test. I encourage everyone to play through to 2nd class to experience some of the next tier skills and game play. By request of players, the experience rate was set to normal so areas could be experienced easier. I'm still not letting refining take place, because I want the skills to be put to the test as a basic form of progression.

I expect, if things keep going how they hare, we will can launch the update to the live servers early July. :) I'm excited for it and the good feedback I've been reading on the forums, hearing and seeing from testing with everyone in-game. Please invite others to test, so they'll be less surprised by the update when it reaches the live servers!

#17 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

I have started a champ and a knight, but only got to about level 20 on both of them. So far, I am surprised at how fast the spear champ can get an aoe now, but otherwise, I had no problems with either class. GJ!

#18 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

I tryed 2h axe & 2h sword and both of them miss a lot. Also the normal attack dmg is very low, but not the skills. I'm afraid with such skills update ROSE would turn into skillspam game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users