Unknown ID/Incorrect Password - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unknown ID/Incorrect Password

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

Before anyone tells me about the password change - as soon as I saw that message (about 2 or 3 weeks ago?) I changed my password.
Few days ago, I also downloaded the new client, ran it and wanted to log in on Valk to play a bit.

But when I put in my ID and the password, but it said Unknown User ID or Incorrect Password.
I tried again, failed again and thought it might be because Renewal hadn't hit Valk yet.
Now, it hit Valk and despite having changed my password 3 times now (and clicking the yes-I-have-chosen-to-change-my-password-and-am-enabling-it link), it still tells me that I entered an Unknown User ID or Incorrect Password.

And it can't be due to maintainance - by this time, even in germany, the server was always back up.
Also,

- I made sure I didn't have Caps Lock On
- I checked for any typo by staring intensely at the keyboard while typing with one finger in a slow fashion
- I re-checked if I did everything correctly with the new password
- I checked if my account is still active (as I stopped playing about a month ago, No, I do not have a subscription so it can't be because of that)

C-A

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like it could be a database issue.

Send in a ticket to WarpPortal Support.

#3 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

Alright, I sent a ticket and it's been about a week or two.
I got a confirmation that the ticket has been submitted, but I have not received an answer yet. I know things must be piling up, but still.
I don't want to miss the Reset NPC because of this.

I'm even considering to delete this account and start up a new one, if I don't receive an answer within a month. (Not too much would go to waste ....)

C-A

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

Sigh, how did this slip through...

All accounts got their passwords reset in early october, due to an outbreak of brute force hacking. Just do the password recovery to reset your pw.

#5 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

Sigh, how did this slip through...

All accounts got their passwords reset in early october, due to an outbreak of brute force hacking. Just do the password recovery to reset your pw.

Had you read my first post, you would know that I have already changed my password once the notice came up. Towards the end of october, with this problem still appearing (I waited for Renewal to hit Valk), I reset it AGAIN.
It won't work. It still tells me that it's not the right ID/Password.

C-A

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

Man, really sorry about that.
I managed to read your first post, then the response, then check back in your first post again, to see if you'd mentioned the PW reset, and it didn't register either time. Yeah, contact the GMs, that's a strange one.

#7 Ezot

Ezot

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

just add ragnarok game to your warp portal account... warp portal account alone wont do...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users