What do SR's... you know... do? - Page 2 - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What do SR's... you know... do?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 detestthehero

detestthehero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:the empty one

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Ok ok, I'm sorta just listening and planning now <_<

Got one general question - are poison arrow, explo arrow and skills like raid (for example) affected by phys crit or skill crit? Also, Fortitude only increases phys crit, right?

poison arrow etc is affected by skill crit, and yes fortitude only affects physical crit chance.

#27 ficho

ficho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

Cool cool, this might work :( thanks allot

#28 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

can i say

lol?

#29 ficho

ficho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

Screw it, I'm doing this :) totally out of the box.

It's either gonna own face or I'll need a skill reset really really badly. The latter, most likely.

Here goes:

Posted Image

1) Ambush + Raid + possibly one AA
2) Switch to Xbow - Explo arrow + one immediate AA + Poison Arrow (yes, while in melee)
3) Switch back to melee for another Raid
4) Dash the-_- out of there

That 10 DNA is potens raid, bringing the downtime down to 5 seconds. Ambush is a 6 second stun, I figure I can jam that second Raid in during the stun.

I'll see if I can fit Soccer kick somewhere in there too, I'd really like that one for the annoying shammy types :) Still got 4 skill points unspent there

Now, the little testing I've managed to do so far (I'm only lvl 47 for now) showed that this does in fact work and I can down most people inside 4 seconds (even with the -_-ty chance on ambush and a distinct lack of Explo arrow)

Edited by ficho, 31 October 2010 - 03:33 PM.

#30 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

you should reconsider fortitude and homethrust.

#31 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

raid? lol

#32 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

[quote name='Coors' date='23 October 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1287873671' post='153830']
Yeah, people that try to play their SR as a sin should just play a sin...
[/quote]
[quote name='ficho' date='31 October 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1288571527' post='168168']
Here goes:

1) Scud + SKick(if needed), then AA a bunch Ambush + Raid + possibly one AA
2) If not dead yet when scud wears off, HT then AA more, or dash back, then Xbow, AA, Poison Arrow, AA Switch to Xbow - Explo arrow + one immediate AA + Poison Arrow (yes, while in melee)
3) If somehow still not dead, dash forward and home thrust or dash away, restealth, and scud again. Switch back to melee for another Raid
4) If everything goes horribly, dash the ^__^ out of there. Dash the-_- out of there

Fixed.
It's like the two major points in the fight you lay out both depend on a melee stun before you lay out dmg, and that's sin-style like others have commented and you should go sin. SRs tend to rely more on hitting from ranged with initial attack, either to hush casters or more commonly with an AA, EA, AA, PA, AA combo I think is the favored dps attack maybe. Ambush sucks cuz you're counting on landing a stun that requires you to skulk around on foot up to the enemy, not get unstealthed by avenger traps or any other AoE or instant cast AoE, and also increases your chance of being detected and nuked or shot on way to target simply cuz stealth is broken and bugged atm.

Edited by Vosk, 01 November 2010 - 12:05 PM.

#33 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

it's not the usual setup but if you kill well enough with it and have fun it's right for you :)

#34 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Stereosonic

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

you only need one in poison arrow, not 10 points, it saves up the rest to level HT to max and when you're 79 you can even increase Ambush to max like i did. Well people tend to think that SRs are crap at melee, well what i can i say, they're in for a serious hurt :)

#35 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

its cause you're op wreckd, lol.

#36 Chakuza

Chakuza

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1564 posts
  • Locationin your nightmares...

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

i made this one for my 65 sr sometime <.<

Posted Image

#37 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

Well people tend to think that SRs are crap at melee, well what i can i say, they're in for a serious hurt :)

SRs with +30 stuff dont count >.<

Edited by Insanita, 01 November 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#38 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

wreckd should +30 their server.

#39 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

sorry its useless to do that. We need to +30 their brains...

#40 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

time for you to start ur medicine studies ;o

#41 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Wreckd should stop spending on requiem for a month and buy them a new hardware instead :3.

#42 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

Wreckd should stop spending on requiem for a month and buy them a new hardware instead :3.

i second that

#43 ForsakenRemnant

ForsakenRemnant

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

Yes fortitude only increased your phys crit but as youve seen with PA you can fire an arrow right after it if you do it right, so do as wreck'd says go phys crit you get that boost from fortitude if youre someone that likes to get in the action. If youre someone that like to just hide off on the side lines and pew pew when someones at 1/2 hp or the weaker less geared players then go skill crit and get that as high as you can with the FoC gear re-enforced and just try to 1 shot everyone. Just depends on your play style. If youre aggressive and want melee, youre better off rolling as sin than SR

#44 Spieler09

Spieler09

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

I have no idea how one is supposed to play a SR. I just know the whole stealth + xbow thing seems cool as hell :P

I'm going to be doing pvp mostly... and leveling, that is :\ but what I really want is a pure pvp build.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

1) While in stealth, get in melee range
2) Unstealth, kick out their buffs or paralyze them (or both)
3) Fire 2 xbow skills off (for massive burst/spike dmg)
4) Finish them off with some potent melee attack (maybe even using claws for the higher crit rate)

Would this be enough to down a squishy? Like a ranger or a templar type? Is this even possible with a SR? If not, what other options do I have? What I'd like is a stealthy, high burst/spike dmg char so I can down someone in 4 seconds and dash out singing the theme to happy tree friends.

Help me? :)

Edit: forgot to mention the lvl bracket. Probably 65, but depending on how much fun I find the char, I might just level it further.

so to grind y can use sr - lr -sr( ambush slower- retreat - explosiv+ pa - hometrust.... till mob is down)
...................or y use lr +sr( sniping| ea+pa - hometrust+joint+ retreat maybe explosiv and pa again)

pvp and no 79er or +30er bow user !!

explosiv+pa+aa dash+hometrust, soccer+(joint if needed) retreat- lr damage.

steath on 1, soccer and fortitude max, hometrust max + dna if y want. snip max needed in high foc.

dont use raid or ambush y had no chance to get in this range to use it and raid miss often. ea max of cause, pa 5 or max.

armor with damage or some resi/def. but if y can kill him y lost so.

under lvl 75/79 sr are weak now. wth sin is easier to kill people in pvp. and to kill mobs by grinding too.

65er: foc armor(+9 min.)+ infinity or 65er s1 bow + lrd down maybe 2 x sniping. ornament with skill/physical crit or some hp.
but trust me y get owned by ele's or ranger.

#45 Radacci

Radacci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

oh boy, good for you that we get free skill reset with next maintenence :P (hopefully)
well Raid is good at your lv still, since there's nothing better to pick really. but if you plan to go 65 foc bracket, i'd recommend not to get it :)
i'd use it to get fortitude instead. you shouldnt rely entirly on skills, since they tend to miss alot. also if you want to rely on skills, there's no need for quick attack lol.
but max fort/quick attack as SR. Crit AA between EA and PA is part of burtst damage too you know.

secondly, explosive arrow has a cast time. so if you start by ambush someone, you might not survive to actually cast explosive arrow(depends on how picky you are at timing your attacks)....and it has 30m range, cause its supposed to be used at range ^^
also you only get an imidiate AA after explosive arrow if you START with explosive arrow. if you use it after raid or AA, you wont get an imidiate AA after EA.

but oh well, Foc set does provide skill crit chance and damage at reinforce, so its good for skilling.
but like ppl said, if you wanna melee, pick assassin....honestly. did you look at explosive hacking? maxed it does +1200dam, with new DNA +1200dam (yes thats +2400skill damage) eat-_- Raid! (well thats +1000dam for you at lv 63 with DNA) also sin get melee mastery for melee damage. (ofc exp hacking only works in stealth, so you cant ambush or scud them first)
Brutal scud is like Ambush+Raid in one skill, with more damage...and longer stun. then you AA after....higher chance to hit. and good if you got crit buff also.
it just feels like such a waste to use 10pts at Raid...and DNA.
with new DNAs coming you'd wanna spend it on explosive arrow DNAs instead for higher/longer dot damage.

but you posted this a week ago, and are lv 65 now, so im sure you figured something out :glomp:
id wanna know how its working out for you now :glomp:

#46 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

tbh if you want to use soccer kick choose assassin... not SR. Im level 79 and i cant squeeze soccer kick in my build. Most of your killing will be done from ~30-40m away & not melee range. Must have skills is homethrust and joint strike is optional.

#47 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

oh boy, good for you that we get free skill reset with next maintenence :lol: (hopefully)
well Raid is good at your lv still, since there's nothing better to pick really. but if you plan to go 65 foc bracket, i'd recommend not to get it -_-
i'd use it to get fortitude instead. you shouldnt rely entirly on skills, since they tend to miss alot. also if you want to rely on skills, there's no need for quick attack lol.
but max fort/quick attack as SR. Crit AA between EA and PA is part of burtst damage too you know.

secondly, explosive arrow has a cast time. so if you start by ambush someone, you might not survive to actually cast explosive arrow(depends on how picky you are at timing your attacks)....and it has 30m range, cause its supposed to be used at range ^^
also you only get an imidiate AA after explosive arrow if you START with explosive arrow. if you use it after raid or AA, you wont get an imidiate AA after EA.

but oh well, Foc set does provide skill crit chance and damage at reinforce, so its good for skilling.
but like ppl said, if you wanna melee, pick assassin....honestly. did you look at explosive hacking? maxed it does +1200dam, with new DNA +1200dam (yes thats +2400skill damage) eat-_- Raid! (well thats +1000dam for you at lv 63 with DNA) also sin get melee mastery for melee damage. (ofc exp hacking only works in stealth, so you cant ambush or scud them first)
Brutal scud is like Ambush+Raid in one skill, with more damage...and longer stun. then you AA after....higher chance to hit. and good if you got crit buff also.
it just feels like such a waste to use 10pts at Raid...and DNA.
with new DNAs coming you'd wanna spend it on explosive arrow DNAs instead for higher/longer dot damage.

but you posted this a week ago, and are lv 65 now, so im sure you figured something out -_-
id wanna know how its working out for you now -_-

raid? you know what skill raid is? its a skill you cn pnly use standing behind the target
you mean Home Thrust? Raid dont stun.. ambus is used from stealth sop idk -.-
get ur facts right before you help this newcomer f up his build
kkthnxbye

#48 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

raid? you know what skill raid is? its a skill you cn pnly use standing behind the target
you mean Home Thrust? Raid dont stun.. ambus is used from stealth sop idk -.-
get ur facts right before you help this newcomer f up his build
kkthnxbye

he didn't say anything wrong ._.

#49 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:35 AM

Brutal scud is like Ambush+Raid in one skill!

he didn't say anything wrong ._.

no?

Edited by Alexito, 08 November 2010 - 01:36 AM.

#50 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

if you check the first post and te stuff the OP wrote you'll see what skills he took. among them max raid. so radacci explained in a way a new guy in this game could understand why scud is better and why he, if he wants to melee, should rather choose sin than sr. the newcomer already fked up his build, at least on the paper. radacci took the what was in front of him and explained it. he didn't say "take raid and HT it's awesome!" he pointed out why it sux.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users