Error never solved - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Error never solved

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

I searched the forums for this specific problem. It was in the Windows 7 pinned thread but no one ever gave a solution.
The ragnorok window when you start the game says "Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf file" and I cannot click start.
I just downloaded the client tonight using utorrent since my computer is too slow to download the client traditionally.

#2 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

#1 Turn off all firewall if you have them
#2 Try running as admins

Those two things are the only thing I can recommend you doing since I do not have the whole picture of what is going on.
Here's the picture I got from what you said.

Start RO and it didn't patch --> Question: What RO did you start? RO, RO renewal, or Valk?
Seems like you installed the new client and is using it to start? Question: Did you delete the old one before installing the new one?

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

That's because, as far as I know, nobody has come up with a consistently effective way to solve these problems, other than manually downloading the troublesome file. I don't know the address of the FTP server you can download them from, though.

Sometimes for whatever reason, a specific update refuses to download, giving the failed to get errors. It's specific to the update, effecting many users, but it doesn't effect everyone, and there is no obvious pattern in who is effected.

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 October 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

Two other people solved this problem by simply downloading a random file from the update server using Internet Explorer. :blink:

Edited by richard, 26 March 2012 - 02:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users