TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Is it possible to level up to 50 solo (i.e. never joining a party)?

*Not that I don't want to party I am just curious. :)

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 14 June 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#2 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yes, absolutely. You just can't finish any of the dungeon quests, but you'll get to 50.

#3 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yes, absolutely. You just can't finish any of the dungeon quests, but you'll get to 50.

I thought the main quest had a dungeon quest as part of it. In other words, you must do a dungeon to continue on with the main quest.

#4 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Not exactly. They say to finish the dungeon but it's usually set up where the quest will lead you to the next area instead of your own self directing your character to the next area.

#5 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

You can also go back later and solo dungeons, if you really wanted to. The story would just be disjointed.

#6 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Although with the current level cap at 50. I really only find it feasable to solo Wolves caves for like a level 40+. And thats ASSUMING your even an offensive class.

Sure, you "could" solo wolves caves with a level 45 FS Priest....but it'll be slow as *******. But at that level, there isn't a shortage of people legitly running those dungeons that wouldn't mind having an over-leveled character joining them. Even if it's a support class or weird class like FS Sorc.

#7 ootoro

ootoro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

I always play alone, only make random partys for the dungeons.

#8 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

level 25 priests and beastmasters can solo wolf cave easily enough, assuming the priest is hybrid (well, FS could do it too but it'd be BORING!) and the beastmaster gets his tank skills right away.
Sorc might be able to as well but I havent tried that yet.

#9 Hermand

Hermand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

I did solo except on Dungeon runs (I don't want to skip quests) and I'm a knight now @ 48.

#10 AssassinKai

AssassinKai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I didn't even bother going to dungeon 1-50 i just do khara quest and main quest and i got to 50 before i start backtracking all the dungeon lol

#11 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

I didn't even bother going to dungeon 1-50 i just do khara quest and main quest and i got to 50 before i start backtracking all the dungeon lol

Didn't you miss out on getting new weapons? If I recall correctly one of the quests to get a new bow for my ranger required that I do a dungeon quest.

#12 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

Your weapon doesn't have THAT much impact really, at least as far as the ones from quests go. You can get a lot better equipment by going into dungeons (blue drops), but fights outside of dungeons are pretty easy anyway and if you need a bit more of an edge, just spend some time grinding some monsters a few levels below you to gain some levels (or monsters around your level and use monster busters). It helps a lot if you're slightly overleveled.
I actually usually overlevel a bit before going into a dungeon, and even the blue equip from the dungeon can often not beat out the equipment I got from later quests or just as drops from world mobs.

#13 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

Your weapon doesn't have THAT much impact really, at least as far as the ones from quests go. You can get a lot better equipment by going into dungeons (blue drops), but fights outside of dungeons are pretty easy anyway and if you need a bit more of an edge, just spend some time grinding some monsters a few levels below you to gain some levels (or monsters around your level and use monster busters). It helps a lot if you're slightly overleveled.
I actually usually overlevel a bit before going into a dungeon, and even the blue equip from the dungeon can often not beat out the equipment I got from later quests or just as drops from world mobs.

*Adds "Monster Busters" to my list of things I need to learn about. :)

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 16 June 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#14 Hermand

Hermand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

For me I don't find monster busters a good investments in lvling. It cost a lot and gives a minimal exp return, well I could be wrong though I stopped using it @ Izlude.

#15 Freakonomics

Freakonomics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMorroc/GuildHouse/WOEmap/DWU~
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

Battle Manual > Monster Busters. That is, if you have enough zeny to buy in AH or Just get it in Kafra Shop.

BTW, Battle Manual gives 20% more EXP. Quest, Mobs, Khara. So its a win win item. ;)

#16 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Its plausible, but instance runs will become more of a task unless you return to it at a higher level. Feel free to be the burrito.

Just know: No man is an island. You're supposed to have social intercourse with others, hence being called an MMORPG >[

[K i rito, not Burrito, for some reason the name itself gets filtered, but yeah...feel free to be the burrito if that's what floats your boat >:/]

Edited by Cruorbaci, 16 June 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#17 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

MMORPG doesn't say anything about having to play in parties (it's just an RPG that's online with many players). Many people always act as if you're an idiot if you want to solo play in an MMORPG, saying you should just play a single player game then, but it's definitely different to play by yourself in a world that does have lots of other players.
As for battle manuals, yeah, had no idea they were sold so cheaply...

#18 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Being lv50 != Finish the main quest of the game, just sayin'...
No need to party or having XPBoosts to be lv50. But the more interesting is AFTER 50 ;-)

#19 Freakonomics

Freakonomics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMorroc/GuildHouse/WOEmap/DWU~
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Ro2 has these "Party Recommended" rule. (Hunt etc. for khara title/Dungeon quests)
Yes you can hit 50 with soloing, without EXP Boosts items and stuff, but following the main quests,sub quests, and even the dungeon quests are fun. If you're here for enjoyment and wanted to experience the storyline, I recommend finish all those quest in order. Just go with the flow. But if you're the hardcore player who wants to reach end game in a blink of an eye and wants to solo 'coz you're the competitive type, then skip all the dungeon quests. They take 1-2 hours per dungeon, or more.

#20 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

i'm new to this game and I play with my bro. I never do quests alone because I'm lazy and just ask him what to do next lol. invite some random strangers who are doing the same quest as you to make it quicker especially in Verta Delta. you'd think you've done the quest but you still have kharas -.- everytime i got quests there i wished cute seals and hermits would **** off.

#21 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Wanting to level as fast as you can is not the only reason to solo. I often don't want to commit to keeping my attention with the game for the next one or two hours. Especially when you're the healer, you have to stay focussed all the time. Often times I may be too tired for that after work, or someone may be talking to me, so partyplay isn't much of an option then. Just messing around killing some world mobs solo is perfectly fine then though.

#22 Adelicia

Adelicia

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

lvling to 50 is totally possible and easy. Like Finraziel said, my main class in other games was always healers, and it's exhausting have to pay absolute attention all the time. If you have more free time during the summer, solo lvling is totally possible and probably even better because you're eliminating all that time looking for parties, bsing around, trying to decide what to do, and traveling between dungeons. Just solo kill your way through each map, pick a mob that's at your level, and move on when you're 2 or 3 lvls higher than the mob. You can follow the quests for this or try to do 5 different mobs per few lvls for card combine chances and variety. One thing about solo- kill mobs your level or lower- because you miss too much on higher mobs. Invest in crafting or buying food from the npc, so that your sit time can be alot lower. Then just put some tv/anime on your second monitor and grind away. The nondungeon mobs are easy enough to kill by yourself. It might just bore you for those that don't like grinding. But if you played RO1, that should be no problem...

#23 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

Even doing some dungeons can be faster solo, although that's probably a rare occasion :)
I did find that with my beastmaster though. I was overleveled (31 I think) and had a pandora weapon (green one, but those are still plenty strong), and still needed to kill Leviathan twice. Figured I'd just run in by myself just for a laugh, fully expecting to die and then look for a party. As it turned out, Leviathan was a pushover, I didn't even need to constantly cruel bite, never mind ever use a potion. So yeah, it depends on your class of course, but if your class is somewhat conducive to soloing, you may very well try to catch up dungeons once you're overleveled. Just hit 40 earlier, unlocked my founder title, going to see how I fare in payon cave i think :)

Edit: Funny how stuff works out when you're soloing... Sehee kicked my ass while moonlight was easy.

Edited by Finraziel, 25 June 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#24 Ledise

Ledise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

Yes you can reach to level 50 just by solo leveling, the problem is only the dungeons since it requires a party, and if you don't get dungeon quests meaning you aren't going to get any rare items from the dungeons which basically stops you from proceeding any further maps because of level gap between mobs and your defense and attack as well.

#25 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yes you can reach to level 50 just by solo leveling, the problem is only the dungeons since it requires a party, and if you don't get dungeon quests meaning you aren't going to get any rare items from the dungeons which basically stops you from proceeding any further maps because of level gap between mobs and your defense and attack as well.

Why do people KEEP saying this? There is FAR MORE story quest in the game than necessary to get to level 50. I skipped every dungeon past Wolves and got to level 50 when I had like serously 30 story quest left to finish. All this wasted exp hurts.

Oh woooo! 500k more exp that I DONT NEED.

Unless you are in a guild, the time it takes you to set up a dungeon party with randoms would net you 2-3 levels killing mobs for the usual story quest of "Kill 10 of these dudes".

Blue and Purple Equipment under level 40 doesn't mean all that much when a Green equipment 3 levels over will out stat it. Yes it's nice if the field boss from a khara mission happens to drop your Blue Weapon, but it's hardly necessary. The story quest and random mobs will give you enough green equipment to last you all the way to level 50. And you replace it far too fast to ever get attached to your equipment like in RO1.

I'm seriously going back now doing dungeon quest for the sake of Khara completion now and just for funs sake. Kinda wish they would raise the level cap soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users