3 replies to this topic

#1 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Sometimes when attacking a monster, the ranger mercs will just stand around and enjoy the scenery. I have to run around and attack the monster several times to get them to start attacking.

(This might be a mechanic that's currently in the live server, I don't know because I don't play dealers)
If I run through the map too quickly for the mercs to follow, they can take a very long time to come find me. I then have to wait several minutes for them to catch up instead of being able to just summon new ones. It might be better to make them disappear like how bons disappear for clerics? Though with a much bigger range. They only seem to currently disappear when teleporting/moving through maps or if they die, which can be somewhat annoying if they get stuck around a rock and you don't notice..

I like their useful health bars now^^

#2 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

The summons do not 'die' the way they do in the live server (this includes the Muse's Phantom Swords too -- so I expect bonfires no longer just expire, though I'm not sure). They will be with you until they die from damage, or you change maps. I think Leonis might be looking at a dismiss command or protocol. Having played with summons in the live server, I do like that they don't have lifespans that just expire in the new skills. Perhaps they could have a response range, and if you deliberately run away from them that automatically dismisses them? That way a player who wants to camp out in an area and hunt can do so, but a player who wants to range around and doesn't mind summoning over and over can do so as well.

#3 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

I like the idea of a dismiss command. Deliberately running away might be a bit annoying if implemented because running in a straight line slightly faster than the summons might kill them off when you don't want them to die.

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

There's a lot of consideration to implement more control features for summoner style game play, however at this point it may not be possible to add before the update hits the live server.

I've noted down the Ai issues with the mercs and will see about tweaking them to be better followers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users