• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CatBoxGirl

CatBoxGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm just wondering if I should get the Hit/Vigor/haste accessories or the Dodge/Parry ones? I just want to confirm before I waste my precious points that took me so long to earn. Thanks.

#2 vindice88

vindice88

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

You aren't a tank. Hit/Vigor/Haste all the way!

#3 701130514115257950

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

You aren't a tank. Hit/Vigor/Haste all the way!

wtf?
good sir, if u may enlighten me about this: why in the hell would u prefer vigor/haste (CASTING SPEED AND COOL DOWN?) over dodge/parry (Chance to dodge dmg and change reduce dmg) for a MELEE DPS class? and why is it tanking?

I'm not saying HIT isnt useful for rogues.. it is indeed, and the little cooldown reduction is nice for DirtyP and SmokeB.
But imho one should aim for dodge/parry with rouge its just better.
and its not like u can get it anywhere else.

peace.

Edited by 701130514115257950, 22 June 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#4 CatBoxGirl

CatBoxGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

omg :( more input please?

#5 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

I chose vigor/haste, but I dunno how much %dodge/parry the other ones would even add. I think 119 vigor/haste is like +2-3%, not sure how much dodge/parry it would be

#6 CatBoxGirl

CatBoxGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

I was under the impression that the dodge/parry % would be so low it wasnt worth it but does anyone have numbers? :(

#7 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I recommend vigor/haste.

Regardless of what the dodge/parry increases by it's complete luck whether you parry something or dodge an attack.

Vigor is a consistent stat for lowering CD times, and especially helps with things like Gangster's Paradise, Dirty Plan, and Smoke Bomb. (Or Mark of Death, if you happened to max that)

#8 701130514115257950

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

1. Cant see why i would need ANY casting time reduction for anything.. mdance maybe?)
2. I'm not about to post an excel chart with %'s of stats - i like LOGICAL thinking more - so try to understand the following:
3. what alucard is saying is very interesting indeed, but we are all natural gamblers in here, think about it this way: some parts of the game is allways gambling - like CRIT - you build a ranger/sorc/rouge/sin/whatever to CRIT alot with good AGI and basicly luck still plays a part in the build no matter what - and i dont see people complain about it.
the same goes for your dodge/parry:
FIrst you already have high AGI as rouge.. your dodge is good (so adding accessories with 12-24% more will definitely matter).
Secondly rogue usually goes with high STR build - the parry is already nice but those % from accessories will make it alot nicer.

Now think about all that nice stuff you miss and for what? cooldown recuction for dirtyp? or smokebomb? for hmm... AT BEST 10% cooldown from 2 mins? think about how many times you can DODGE an attack or PARRY it in this time.

But im a gambling man.

Edited by 701130514115257950, 24 June 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#9 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

In my understanding, dodge and parry are for tanks so that healers are less strained in dungeons/raids and they can tank more mobs and take more hits.
And DPS peeps like rogue/sorc/wiz/etc. need the HIT, vigor, and haste rate to kill faster. It's pretty much for their roles. It's not illogical. I thought dodge and parry would be better for my sin, too.

But if you really want to stick to your point, then why not get both dodge/parry and hit/vigor/haste? Need more bp for that but why not :P

#10 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

With a 25% or close to this Vigor %, you can pretty much be using Moonlight every 10ish seconds instead of the 20. GP will be even more spammable (if you maxed like me) so yeah for DPS (melee) VIGOR and HIT is a must get.

Edited by Cthulhuzealot, 26 June 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#11 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Especially for the new content.
Level 51 trash mobs, level 52 mechanic mobs and level 53!!! Bosses and Adds!

That means you're fighting at like -15% HIT against those bosses.

#12 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

The thing is, Vigor lowers cd and Haste raises attack speed, which means you are able to attack faster, meaning more Double Attacks and Bursts in less time.

Otherwise, I wouldn't say that DodgeParry is useless on a Rogue, considering our PvP Gear adds a LOT of Vit. I have 6,5k HP unbuffed by now and have the potential to tank. After a certain point, this becomes a great advantage because - back to the roots - Rogue will be able to solo again, and this means making money faster (not forced to share loot with a party / find party). Considering this, I'm planning on getting those Dodge/Parry Accessoirs on top of the Hit/Vigor/Haste, just to see if they help me soloing stuff I can't solo now. Don't forget we have to waste a lot of money on Adrenaline Scam Rush,only to keep up with equally geared DPS, so for me this soloing-factor for making money plays a great role.

#13 tl23v0l2

tl23v0l2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

haste/vigor for the win.
even you have a good dodge/parry you'll still face the floor when you get hit by a massive dmg.
best defense is a better offense :p_idea:

#14 CatBoxGirl

CatBoxGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for all the input guys, I decided to stick with Hit/Vigor :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users