Guide to "What Job Should I Have" - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guide to "What Job Should I Have"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SaraLeah

SaraLeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Location3rd Rock from Sol
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Since I have seen much of this question "What Is BEST job for my class"I figured I will make this post In hopes It will help someone.

First lets look a brief look at all the jobs:

Alchemy = ~<Cosette's Alchemy Guide>~ Is a good guide which covers much of this job and even has good harvesting areas marked with screenshots worth reading If you go this route.
in addition to making potions alchemists also get to make oridecon and elunium crystals[job level 40] and pieces[job level 50]

Artisan = seems no one has made a good guide for this job yet on these forums and I am not one to redirct to a differant site so from my low level only job level 21 artisan I can say they can make all the cloth and leather gears which Imo are not worth the trouble till maybe higher level. BUT If random gear drops and quest rewards are making your gear too low you can catch It up fast by crafting the piece or two needed.

in addition to all light armors, at job level 25 they can start making level +1 runes and level +5 runes at job level 45

Blacksmith = Smithing One-Stop Shop: Information and Mineral Spots Is a guide with much Information for blacksmiths worth reading this topic If you go this route.
in addition to making all the weapons [quivers Included @ job level 28] and heavy armors blacksmiths also make rune hole punchers needed to be able to socket runes to your gears starting at job level 25

Chef = Ahjussi's Cooking Material Locations Guide a materials location guide worth taking a look at
chef Is making best buff and regen foods In game. they got shorted out on a "specialty" skill like the other jobs have. aka In addition to.

All jobs have "recipes" that can be learned from thier job expert as they level job up. Also some rare recipes drop at higher levels that teach you how to make things the "expert" cannot

Materials

At this time there are two types of materials gathering [three if you buy them rather than collect them yourself].

Alchemists collect plants and Blacksmiths collect rocks neither requires killing mobs and is relativly easy.

Artisans and Chefs kill mobs and "skin" thier corpses for materials. some consider this a pain.

Other materials for each job are purchased from job experts as needed. ie Alchemists bottles and Chef sauces

Now for the two most asked questions I have seen In chat and forums:

Which job Is best for my class?
my answer = None, the Best job Is the one that you think will make your gameplay more enjoyable.

however some good job to class matchs may include:

Alchemist = all class' can benefit from potions and if you want to make oridecon and elunium crystals and pieces

Artisan = acolyte, mage, thief, archer to make thier own armor, others if they want rune making

Blacksmith = warrior to make thier own gear and all weapons, others if they if they want rune hole punch making

Chef = all class' can benefit from buff and restoration foods no special skill added like the others have at this time

Which job will make me the most coins?

answer = All can make coins, the amount will depend on current market.If there are too many cooks food will be low, if there are too many blacksmiths that have the same purple recipe it will be low etcetera.

however due to the number of weapons they can make, blacksmiths can probably make the most in the long run given luck with recipe finds.

as for my personal opinion the best jobs are currently Chef and Artisan since both require mob deaths to gather materials.

killing mobs helps to level you and your guild If you share your xp with one and skinning them for mats levels your job. three things being leveled at one time just seems pretty good to me.

the final choice Is however yours, and should make your gameplay enjoyable.
hope this was helpful in your decision making.
either way you choose good luck best drops always

Edited by SaraLeah, 30 June 2013 - 05:23 AM.

#2 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

It really depends on what you want.

For ease of leveling, Alchemist and Chef are definitely the best choices since they both provide superior healing or regen and buffs.

For making money, Blacksmith and Artisan will net you the most with the least effort but that's only after you acquire some epic recipes, so there's a barrier of entry there. Until then, you can sustain off of selling stacks of materials or crafting runes/punchers.

For Chef, Screw Fin -_-tails are in high demand but the profit margins are low and you have to spend a lot of time farming the materials (8 manderus, 8 crabs, and 6 frogs for just one craft?). If you can manage to get one of the 50 recipes (Stomach Meat Roll, Dancing Sirloin Roast, Roasted Cheek Meat), then you can make a good amount of money since they're niche markets.

For Alchemist, you spam Master Red Potions, as far as I know. Don't know how the profit looks but there's a constant demand for them.

Edited by Lyrinn, 27 June 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#3 SaraLeah

SaraLeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Location3rd Rock from Sol
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

It really depends on what you want.

For ease of leveling, Alchemist and Chef are definitely the best choices since they both provide superior healing or regen and buffs.

For making money, Blacksmith and Artisan will net you the most with the least effort but that's only after you acquire some epic recipes, so there's a barrier of entry there. Until then, you can sustain off of selling stacks of materials or crafting runes/punchers.

For Chef, Screw Fin -_-tails are in high demand but the profit margins are low and you have to spend a lot of time farming the materials (8 manderus, 8 crabs, and 6 frogs for just one craft?). If you can manage to get one of the 50 recipes (Stomach Meat Roll, Dancing Sirloin Roast, Roasted Cheek Meat), then you can make a good amount of money since they're niche markets.

For Alchemist, you spam Master Red Potions, as far as I know. Don't know how the profit looks but there's a constant demand for them.

good breakdown and more information to current market thanks :D.

all of which still make there no one right job for any class, just what job you may find makes your play easier or can make the most use of depending what you want it for.
this is the reason i listed some basic information all on one spot to make it easier for the ones who ask to decide which path they may enjoy most :)

i am clueless to market as i just make what i need and either npc the rest or trade/give away at cost or free for now. this may change but most likely not since having a bazillion + zeny holds no appeal to me.
good luck best drops =D

#4 KulaDiamond

KulaDiamond

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hey Sara, nice guide. I'm actually not that sure which job is the best though I have all of them... They all serve their own purposes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users