Nice and FAST alternative way to download Dragon Saga : ) - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Nice and FAST alternative way to download Dragon Saga : )

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just like the title says, I have read a lot of threads regarding another problem(that lead to alternative download) but since no one seems to have made the same thread as I am making I decided to take the spotlight, and now for the steps on downloading Dragon Saga faster.

1: Get
this little program program +
2: After installing the program, go to this link +
3: Right-click on the file you wish to download and press "Copy link address".
4: Go to your Flashget client and press the "+" icon and paste the link in the URL box.
5: Repeat steps 3-4 and enjoy your speed, of course this works for most stuff you download on the webs.

Now, I don't think this will work for everyone I'm not sure.. It works perfect for me since I have a 100MB/s internet connection but I don't like the speeds I get on Warpportal's Dragon Saga downloader, 200KB/s isn't something that will satisfy anyone, and let's not forget YOU CAN PAUSE NOW!!! AND, no corruption on your files : )

I hope that helps, and yeah have a nice day : )

P.S: This is just a better alternative way to download the game, NOT that I don't appreciate the effort the other guy made for the alternative download...

Edited by Metisu, 27 June 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#2 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Oh nice o.o

#3 AnselmoYan

AnselmoYan

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

After downloading it all, i will put it on a folder then what will i do next? Thanks in Advance :)

#4 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Well, once you've downloaded it just run the Installer and that's it ;D

#5 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm going to pin this just in case anyone else will have/has the troubles you did.  :p_smile: 

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

moved to tech support.

#7 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Thank you.

#8 godzylla3

godzylla3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

thank god some one posted this, but a little late #6 I could of used it when we had the Last big update!! TYTY

#9 Xiiram

Xiiram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:hyoeden
  • LocationBogotá D.C.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Beware newer versions of FlashGet since they install adware, keep using the old 1.9

I would better recommend a torrent for a fastest download, as for the torrent client what if not BitTorrent itself :Emo_12:

#10 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm using FlashGet 3.7 and I have no problems with "adware" and such. And, using a torrent for the game download would be painful since not everyone has major upload speeds like some of us, and the chances of people seeding 24/7 is low.

#11 Xiiram

Xiiram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:hyoeden
  • LocationBogotá D.C.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

I used to use FlashGet unit I detected adlware on it, but if it works for you, then it's OK :)

As for torrents, it can be hell or heaven I guess lol

#12 avopal

avopal

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

The installer downloaded just fine, however, everytime I copy any of the "media.cab" and try to add them to download, it says "Invalid URL".

Using FlashGet 3.7

#13 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Weird, I have re-downloaded the game like that at least 10 times never had a problem, try getting a older version of FlashGet should work I think..That or there is some problem with the links right now, I don't know how to help you with that it's not something I have direct command over.

#14 AnselmoYan

AnselmoYan

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

Sir I have a problem! I downloaded all of this from the site that you gave and successfully installed it. But when the patched completer and pressed "Game Start", it always say that there is a crash. Always submit bug problem. Please help!

#15 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

What kind of a crash? There's plenty of errors that you can get on start-up, more info would be nice.

#16 Azier

Azier

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

I have a problem when I installed it and patched it, it gave me a pink background in the client. Log in screen, Character screen, Character Creation, etc. And it crashes when i try to make a char. I looked at my data files and saw the the 3_world.dat is too low. It only has 251mb on it. So, is there some way that you can also upload these data files for us to download?

Im trying to get those files on another dragonica server, but im not sure if it would work on this server. :(

Edited by Azier, 27 July 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#17 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Try deleting patch.id and run the patcher, if that doesn't help I guess ShazamO or StormHaven will appear soon and try and help you.

#18 BunnyGaming

BunnyGaming

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

i try to use this installer and i use it for a long time but..yesterday..when i pressed the game start...it always Game Crashing ... .. i tried it to reinstall...but it alwayz game crash..i reinstalled it 6 times....

please help me...   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:   :sob:

#19 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

First, relax with the emoticons. Second provide a little more information about the problem for example a screenshot of the message you get when you crash, your game version etc..

#20 LembergLion

LembergLion

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

I've developed a faster (definitely in some cases) way to install the game (in addition to this method) : just download media2.cab and unzip it in the folder you want the game to be in. media2.cab contains the patcher and all files needed to patch the game from 0. In some cases it's faster than downloading all installation files.

#21 pluuuee

pluuuee

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVietNam

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

please can anyone help me? I did exactly the same directions above but when I click Game start , it crashed. I installed it on a Mac

#22 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationAssindia, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

The mentioned way in the first post does NOT work for NON-ENGLISH windows systems, because it is the original US installer.

You will then surely get the "Users is not a valid User/Group" error message while installing.

#23 100000063004623

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

Is it still working? 

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:03 AM

No this isn't working any longer. I could upload the whole installer to a mirror and tell you the link to it privately, because it's uploaded to a private webspace then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users