How and is it possible to dual client/boxing - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How and is it possible to dual client/boxing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 kisabox

kisabox

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi ,

I wanted to know if it was possible to open dual client at same time and how to make it :)
If someone know how to do , it would be nice.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

You can't dual-client in RO2. You can in RO1, though.

#3 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

back in the olden days in RO1 it was a bannable offense to run multiple accounts xDDD can you imagine :P

#4 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

You could if you take out hack shield and all the checks, but, you could prob get banned for it.

#5 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

back in the olden days in RO1 it was a bannable offense to run multiple accounts xDDD can you imagine :P

nowdays is a must, dualclient on woe and for vending

#6 BossRadz

BossRadz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

VM machine

#7 Onis

Onis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Wrong. >:
It was OK to run multiple accounts, just not from the same computer. If you had a laptop and ran the other account from there, it was OK. Dual-clienting was not allowed on the same computer, because it required hexing your client. I assume it's the same for RO2 as well.

Edited by Onis, 27 June 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#8 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

I wish it was allowed. It would be nice to set up an Artisan AND Blacksmith craft shop at the same time.

#9 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

You cannot dual client, as it will show a error "You Are Already Running RO2" However, it's disallowed until they say so. better to run the game with just one account rather than two i suppose.

#10 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Wrong. >:
It was OK to run multiple accounts, just not from the same computer. If you had a laptop and ran the other account from there, it was OK. Dual-clienting was not allowed on the same computer, because it required hexing your client. I assume it's the same for RO2 as well.

Had you been playing RO1 since its beta days ? xDD .. wait.... @_@ that means im getting old ! omgar ~ But yes, you very well could have ur accounts banned or suspended when they saw multiple accounts on the same billing source being logged in at the same time fromt he same area - altho your right most of the 'offenders' were noticed by their multi clienting. Luckily, this became an outdated issue very quickly, though I wonder what ever happened to those first pioneers who got in trouble for doing something that is so natural and encouraged now a days hahah!

#11 Mykey

Mykey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationPrypiat
  • Server:Prypiat

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

I read through the Terms of Service and did not find anything that directly addressed dual client set ups.

I may have just missed it as I was tired when I went through it.

Dual client set-ups are very common in Requiem. So common there is even a how-to thread on the forums right now.

However...

I do not suggest risking your account without confirmation first. If Hackshield prevents it then I would not mess with it. Bypassing Hackshield is a No-No no matter how you cut it.

I am requesting that any CM that reads this thread please be so kind as to let us know if dual logging/multi-clienting is allowed.

Thank you for your time and help.

#12 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

cm pls I need to plevel my own characters

#13 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

well, if one client has hackshield open and the other doesn't then you aren't really bypassing hackshield since it's one is already and running. =X

just super sayain.

Of course it's illegal to edit an close source executable unless it's for educational reasons only. I'm always curious about how things work and how to get pass protections or make a program do what it's not suppose to do to build my knowledge.

Edited by coded, 28 June 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#14 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hope you enjoy being banned. If any GM is reading to go check out my enemy AFKcrafter that hangs around channel 1 mailbox she looks like she runs 3 clients at once.

Edited by 6224130502210709307, 28 June 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#15 Sakki

Sakki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Wrong. >:

It was possible to dual-client ro1 without hexing/modifying the client. All you needed to do was run the extra clients through a sandbox. No idea if that could work with ro2 and hackshield.

#16 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi there boys and girls. I'm currently trying to reach out to a CM or GM about this. Until then, please do not share ways to duel client or accuse others of doing so. I don't know what the rules are on this yet, and we don't need to start any kind of drama on the forums. Alrighty? :)

After consulting with my bosses, and it turns out to be alright [if it does], I will reapprove your posts. They're not gone, just hidden until I can get this sorted.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 28 June 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#17 Onis

Onis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Had you been playing RO1 since its beta days ? xDD .. wait.... @_@ that means im getting old ! omgar ~ But yes, you very well could have ur accounts banned or suspended when they saw multiple accounts on the same billing source being logged in at the same time fromt he same area - altho your right most of the 'offenders' were noticed by their multi clienting. Luckily, this became an outdated issue very quickly, though I wonder what ever happened to those first pioneers who got in trouble for doing something that is so natural and encouraged now a days hahah!

Started on the second day of beta1.
Multiple accounts were fine. Multiclienting was not accepted, but having multiple accounts and running the second account on laptop has been fine since 2003 or so. Again, the thing that was against Terms of Service was hexing your client which you had to do if you had two instances of Ragnarok on one computer.

edit: Not that I think that RO2 should have multiclienting or care all that much w/e it will be.

Edited by Onis, 28 June 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#18 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

.... I wonder what ever happened to those first pioneers who got in trouble for doing something that is so natural and encouraged now a days hahah!

is not natural and encouraged in other games, in fact, i never had to dual client in any other game besides ro1, just because how the game mechanics are

i mean, want quick warp to a specific location and buffs, make a aco
want to buy/sell/vend things, make a merchant
want elemental endows, make a sage
want special skills? make a linker

you get the idea

actually there is no need for dualclient on ro2

#19 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

is not natural and encouraged in other games, in fact, i never had to dual client in any other game besides ro1, just because how the game mechanics are

i mean, want quick warp to a specific location and buffs, make a aco
want to buy/sell/vend things, make a merchant
want elemental endows, make a sage
want special skills? make a linker

you get the idea

actually there is no need for dualclient on ro2

yea I was only referring to ro1 ^____^ not any other games lol and I agree I don't see why ppl want to need to dual client so much unless they are powerlvling / supporting themselves - which ive always found kind of insulting becuz they are the reason other ppl start to complain about how hard it is to find a party ! xDDD

Edited by Bestie, 28 June 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#20 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Bump. Was wondering if anyone knew whether it was ok to use two computers to use two accounts. With the secondary one Vending/Crafting. I've seen people AFK in Ch1 Alberta with Vendor stalls that look as though they are the same person.

#21 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Bump. Was wondering if anyone knew whether it was ok to use two computers to use two accounts. With the secondary one Vending/Crafting. I've seen people AFK in Ch1 Alberta with Vendor stalls that look as though they are the same person.

I've heard people talk down to people who have multiple accounts. Considering WP doesn't allow you to list multiple accounts under the same email (could on RO1), I'm assuming having multiple emails + multiple accounts might be a bad thing... Not sure, though.

As for the topic... Dual-client attempts are supposed to give you an "You Are Already Running RO2" alert? I never get in-game alerts for anything (crashes or otherwise). I tried to run a second client once, wondering if it was possible (since it was in RO1). The second client simply just closed. I get an alert when trying to run 2 launchers, though ("Launcher already running."). Maybe I'm having a bug where I'm not getting the alerts I should be.

#22 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

There are ways around it but I can't tell you until they give us an "ok". Sorry.

#23 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well I've read the Botting FAQ and Terms of Service. I don't see anything against having two accounts, or leaving it open.

I assume as long as you're in front of the screens and can respond it's fine.

#24 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Do not necro threads. Locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users