New BattleSquare Mode Suggestion/Discussion. - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New BattleSquare Mode Suggestion/Discussion.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

This thread is merely to discuss and suggest new modes or changes to BattleSquare to possibly send these suggested additions and changes to the developers.

I was always hearing suggestions, issues, and problems regarding cheap tatics and issues in BattleSquare. Also I feel as though the same game-mode every time isn't very fresh and original. So how bout we get together to suggest changes to the BattleSquare objectives, rules, and maybe balance methods for making it more fair and unique.

Hopefully we can get some potential changes that are promising and do well to aid us for this pvp mode.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

rotate the dang maps!

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

rotate the dang maps!

THIS!

Also have a map shuffle between the Fire/Water ones and maybe new ones.

#4 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

It's always seems to be you two creating threads like these... :ok:

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Cause changes actually happened!

#6 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

You brightened our hopes <3

#7 Metisu

Metisu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Disable air combo ; )

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Disable air combo ; )

Air combo? There are alot of air combo's that are considered frowned upon; Anti-air shot, Paladin Air Lock (Bear>Chain Shield>Mega Storm Blade>Storm Blade>Bear>Repeat Storm blades and bear till dead), Assassin Air lock which is kind of difficult but still do-able and only really lethal w/ Elements or +20 weapon, Savage Air Lock which again is only really lethal w/ high enchants or elements.

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

return infinite AR fixes all airlocks.

#10 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Also can we do something about Barricade and Healing?

#11 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Force shuffle teams once the game starts.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Force shuffle teams once the game starts.

That's been suggested alot. As well as a class limit suggestion.

#13 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

In BSQ it first come first serve. There should be no limit into the same amount of class that get in BSQ. Player shuffle is a good idea and once BSQ start there should be a limit on how many time they can leave and renter BSQ. When some one leave there should be a cool down until the next time they can enter again. As for the AFK in BSQ I don't know any solution for that one yet. Also I hope you guys that are suggesting these idea are not saying it because it annoy you in BSQ or saying because you hate it(like banning air combo). If you guys are doing this then other people will do the same thing and it will go back and fourth and BSQ will be a place where u end up only using x attack or XZ combo.

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

In BSQ it first come first serve. There should be no limit into the same amount of class that get in BSQ. Player shuffle is a good idea and once BSQ start there should be a limit on how many time they can leave and renter BSQ. When some one leave there should be a cool down until the next time they can enter again. As for the AFK in BSQ I don't know any solution for that one yet. Also I hope you guys that are suggesting these idea are not saying it because it annoy you in BSQ or saying because you hate it(like banning air combo). If you guys are doing this then other people will do the same thing and it will go back and fourth and BSQ will be a place where u end up only using x attack or XZ combo.

I'm hoping for suggestions to potentially inform the developers about. Shuffled players for the teams is a good idea, I've heard the requests of preventing Barricade as it's mainly used as a stalling means. But also I'm hoping to discuss a possibly new type of BattleSquare aside from "Flag Fight" with different objectives or even new maps for BattleSquare arenas.

#15 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Once a character leaves a BSQ room -- whether by disconnection or by choice -- that character should be flagged not to enter that same room during that same BSQ session.

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

Once a character leaves a BSQ room -- whether by disconnection or by choice -- that character should be flagged not to enter that same room during that same BSQ session.

Too unforgiving to disconnections. How bout a bar from entering for X number of minutes.

#17 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Too unforgiving to disconnections. How bout a bar from entering for X number of minutes.

Imagine the following scenario.

When one side is losing, a useless dust farmer on that side leaves the room. That farmer will wait for a few minutes, hoping that more players would join the room that he/she just left and be auto-shuffled into the side with fewer members, i.e., the losing side. After a while, he/she returns to the room. If things go as expected, he/she will now be auto-shuffled into the winning side.

In the end, a forced delay from returning to the room doesn't really resolve the issue of characters leaving the room and returning to join the winning side.

An alternative might be to permanently set the side which that character can enter during his/her first entry. For example, if a character joins a room and gets auto-shuffled into the red side, then he/she will always be auto-shuffled into the red side of the same room during the same BSQ session no matter how many times he/she leaves the room. I like my first suggestion better though -- it's tidier to implement.

EDIT:

Actually, how about simply making the dusts a per-player reward like the money boxes? BSQ shouldn't be a place to be farming dusts in anyway.

Edited by CharlesBabbage, 29 June 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#18 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Or how about once enter and get randomly select to a team people cant leave BSQ unless it over. If u get d/c or turn off the game to renter u have to wait 3 to 5 mins before u can enter again and after 2 time u cant enter BSQ anymore.

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

EDIT:

Actually, how about simply making the dusts a per-player reward like the money boxes? BSQ shouldn't be a place to be farming dusts in anyway.

It's not the dusts, it's the experience potion which is actually pretty decent. Also with Signs of Hero's literally numbering in the thousands if not tens of thousands it's not those despite 10 are needed for promoting.

I like the idea of making the per-player reward as it rewards based on activity. Meaning they'll need a set-amount of points to achieve the requirement. However with BattleSquares often it's 1-4 players who carry in points while the others get small tiny bits and pieces from accidental flag grabs, missions, and flag-spike hits. The required amount can't be too high.

#20 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

It's not the dusts, it's the experience potion which is actually pretty decent. Also with Signs of Hero's literally numbering in the thousands if not tens of thousands it's not those despite 10 are needed for promoting.

I like the idea of making the per-player reward as it rewards based on activity. Meaning they'll need a set-amount of points to achieve the requirement. However with BattleSquares often it's 1-4 players who carry in points while the others get small tiny bits and pieces from accidental flag grabs, missions, and flag-spike hits. The required amount can't be too high.

u can always lower the set amount of point u needed or the prize amount can be determine on how many people u kill.

Edited by dango, 29 June 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#21 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

If only there could be a separate BSQ-like or Emporia-like map where it's all about pvp and never about farming....

#22 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Disable emergency exit and magnet for bsq... When more than one priest is in team is stupid to go against 4 or 5 of those skills...
And magnet... ohh pls... with the new evade formula no one can avoid it...

#23 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

It seem like a lot of people want to ban a lot of skill for invoker in bsq, why not just ban invoker from bsq problem solve. This is exactly what I'm talking about if someone is annoy by a skill in bsq they will suggest to just ban it. watch bsq will become x attack and xz combo.

#24 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

It seem like a lot of people want to ban a lot of skill for invoker in bsq, why not just ban invoker from bsq problem solve. This is exactly what I'm talking about if someone is annoy by a skill in bsq they will suggest to just ban it. watch bsq will become x attack and xz combo.

The funny thing is that if that happens, then invokers will be the only ones who can kill in BSQ. XDDD

#25 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

The funny thing is that if that happens, then invokers will be the only ones who can kill in BSQ. XDDD

I don't want too harsh of a nerf. Sometimes we have to depend on our invokers for aid in catching and saving. Emergency exit's fine but magnet would just waste them entirely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users