Easiest/most efficient way to level an Oboro? - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Easiest/most efficient way to level an Oboro?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

I wanted to level my Oboro, but I'm not sure exactly what the most efficient/easiest way to level it is. I've heard that both Kunai and magic builds are good and bad, and I can't find any solid information on this. :x

My Oboro is 100/3 with no skills or stats at the moment. As for gear, I know I have a grimtooth somewhere, but no idea what gear I'd need since it's build dependent. Thanks for any help! ^^;

#2 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:MOTR

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

first several levels i did by Eden 100+

fast and easy

#3 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

Yeah I figured doing TI's is the easiest place, but what about skill/stat build? That's what I have no idea on xD

#4 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:MOTR

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

16th night and Pure soul are PERFECT at first

#5 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

It gets hard after lv 130.

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

there are 4 main builds for Kagerou/Oboro classes... pure magic, pure throw, Magical huuma, and BLC hybrids... all are vialbel for leveling and the hybrids at least can be done with relatively cheap gears... all 4 are capable of killing MVPs (pure magic having the hardest time due to lack of decent AoEs and elemental restrictions)... its all dependent on your play style...

#7 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Oboro has an advantage with Magic skills due to it's supportive skill called DIstorted Crescent. I linked it so that you could read the description on the wiki page.16th Night skill makes you easily achieve fast casting speed. With Mikatsuki being super cheap(ragial price), and has great utility, magic oboro is definitely is good route to take.Distorted Crescent is also good for raising ATK so explosive kunai is still an option.

#8 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Alright, I'll probably end up going magic then. I like casters better anyway.

Should I bother getting/maxing the elemental charms? Also I'm assuming since Oboro's only really have support-y skills for magic, I'd be using the magic ninja skills? (Sorry I'm super noob at the class.) Also what about Swirling Petals? Would that be worth it to get or not at all, since it goes off of dex AND agi? :p_sick:

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

yes most definitely get all the charm skills... fire wind and ice charms boost damage for your ninja magics.... earth charm+ release ninja spell is the only way youll be able to deal significant earth damage... as for swirling petals there is a Magical Huuma build out there that i know of and can help make up for lack of earth attacks (10 earth charms will endow the huuma with earth property) and can be a decent AoE (10 ice, fire wind charms will endow the weapon with that element 9 will use the weapons default element but each charm boosts magic damage for that element).... most of the new huuma have at least SOME matk bonus... and the flutter snow and thunderstorm huuma have autocasts based on you known level of Snowflake Draft and Lightning Jolt... Petal huuma have 2 slots allowing for Matk+ cards (tho most are race specific)... also not that Huuma Calm Mind[2] (while not as strong) has the unique ability to make casting of all skill uninteruptable (without the the cast delay effects of phen or bloody butterfly) and has 2 slots.... just some things to think about... obviously youd want to switch between huuma use and daggers based on situation but if you have the gears hotkeyed switching is easy...

#10 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Alright, I'll probably end up going magic then. I like casters better anyway.

Should I bother getting/maxing the elemental charms? Also I'm assuming since Oboro's only really have support-y skills for magic, I'd be using the magic ninja skills? (Sorry I'm super noob at the class.) Also what about Swirling Petals? Would that be worth it to get or not at all, since it goes off of dex AND agi? :p_sick:

since you only have self buff for oboro's magic, you will mostly rely on ninja magic skills and synergy them with Charms. Most definite charm you would want is Fire Charm. Earth Charm is something you can choose between getting it and not getting it. If you want to somewhat hybrid with either Kunai Explosion or Swirling Petal, Earth Charm can be usefull since it gives 135% increase in your physical attack skills(you want to summon only 9 charms because 10 charm will overwrite your Kunai Explosion to Earth property.)

This is example of Oboro's skill tree. unless you want to invest skill points from oboro into Ninja, you wont be able to get all the skill you want from ninja. 

Skill Tree

Blazing shield is your main AoE skill since it hits 2~3k per hit(with mild gear set up) which makes it 30k total of dmg. and 15k~20k from exploding dragon. if you can gear up a lil bit(spend bit more than a eden gear) you can expect decent dmg from oboro. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users