CoolSam's guide to Overlord class v1.6 - Page 2 - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

CoolSam's guide to Overlord class v1.6

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 zeekyoo

zeekyoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

Hello,

Just need a quick update where/which map drops Barbarian sets?

found on wiki says item can get from Steven Trading Port F1-4 / Bearded Whale Coast F1-4 

Sam's guide Sanctuaries and Caverns 

Should i hunt this 4places? thank you!

#27 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

Hello,
Just need a quick update where/which map drops Barbarian sets?
found on wiki says item can get from Steven Trading Port F1-4 / Bearded Whale Coast F1-4
Sam's guide Sanctuaries and Caverns

Should i hunt this 4places? thank you!

The level 34 set drops more on Sanctuary maps (Milkyway and Skypie)

It might drop in Dangerous Caverns but that also has a chance at the level 40 set.

#28 PheonixTrainer

PheonixTrainer

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:26 PM

Um..after I jobchanged to Gladiator, I didn't receive the dragon expedition set, just the helmet. Can you please tell me where to get it? Thanks :)

#29 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:43 PM

You should follow the "first" Quest series, which will involve you in clearing Vegabond, Vegas, Sankah and Kunkah F5 Mode; of course, there are things (other Quests) to do between each step.

#30 PheonixTrainer

PheonixTrainer

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:47 AM

You should follow the "first" Quest series, which will involve you in clearing Vegabond, Vegas, Sankah and Kunkah F5 Mode; of course, there are things (other Quests) to do between each step.

Can you specify the names of this quests?

#31 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

dragon11.jpg

In this list, you should find an uncompleted Quest's name.

"For my brother" is Kunkah F5, the next Quest "Someone's fugitive" should reward you with the Set upon completion.

#32 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Edited part of the updated guide for Arcadia. Removed old element info and added a personal pvp set I use currently

Will update rest when I can.

#33 Omarkaka

Omarkaka

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

Hello there,
I just got my second class promotion. I would really like to know what skills I should keep from Warrior and Gladiator. Your guide makes me think to keep skills like Hammer Crush. I havent used my skill reset yet. I hope for a Quick reply :)

#34 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

Hello there,
I just got my second class promotion. I would really like to know what skills I should keep from Warrior and Gladiator. Your guide makes me think to keep skills like Hammer Crush. I havent used my skill reset yet. I hope for a Quick reply :)

Hey there,

http://irowiki.org/~...001000010000000

The link here is a Right-at-40 Skill Build for a PvP-Oriented case. You're right to keep skills like Hammer Crush/Stumblebum for supporting locks and keeping things still. However even in PvE, The stuns are useful for F7 as it's a good and consistent stun lock for mobs in later stages or large bombs. PvE build would be similar.

Now, let's say you don't wanna do Attack Speed yet (It requires an expensive IM set, some set combinations from normal gear, too long term). Then you won't need Acceleration. That's a lot of SP saved as well. SP that can go to maxing the bears both at 5/5 for damage output. Then the skill build would be more like this;

http://irowiki.org/~...001000000000000

That'd mean 125 SP leftover, combined with the SP gained every level, you'll easily have enough for future Myrmidon skills. By level 50 it should look something like this:

http://irowiki.org/~...121121310000000

It's good to think long-term in SP for future promotions. You can start most classes 20s and 40s with a ton of SP leftover for future levels if you put the skills right

Edited by Coolsam, 06 February 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#35 14170127224842130

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

Is this guide updated? Does this still work in the current game? 

#36 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

Is this guide updated? Does this still work in the current game? 

Somewhat...few things might be out of date like gear and such. New Elements might also be iffy.

#37 MaRiNaIsMaiL

MaRiNaIsMaiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKazeura Village

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Somewhat...few things might be out of date like gear and such. New Elements might also be iffy.

Hi

been play Ds for straight 4/5 week since CNY event and now my Overlord lv 71 (been skip quest since CF event started from 55  to 71). Until today i see many bad review bout Overlord, and I follow  this Guide.

1st Q may I know this guide is Uptodate?

2nd what should i look for like gear from lv 70 and up? 

(Atm I wear Secmathian Hero Full set + Zau [ paris still BSmithin] )

3rd I more prefer PvE,  Bonus Stats should I go like 60Hlt and Str?

ps: Need masta Overlord to teach me  :p_idea:

Thank for guide , really helpful for me

Regards

Edited by MaRiNaIsMaiL, 01 March 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#38 niceza999

niceza999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

Hello. MaRiNaIsMaiL

First of, are you planning to lvl to lv81+ anytime soon? For pve I would suggest full Elga set with carsharp head or pos full set. For pve ovl , the more fcr you have and decend or even max CD and fcr will be best for pve.

Ask Sam himself or Agitodesu ( he can definitely help you with pve gear)

Edited by niceza999, 02 March 2017 - 06:47 AM.

#39 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

if you wanna stay PvE go Full Agi with your bous points, focus on critical rate and Damage.

Strength is not usefull to focus on since its impact is very very very low.

Get Protector of Stars Weapon (lvl 81) +20 and look for stuff with Crit dmg(5 parts Protector of stars set (hero)(lvl81)/ATK stuff/some Movementspeed. 

For now 5 parts secmathian is totally fine, get something else like the carsharp head, or mutisha shoulders for ATK or movementspeed.

Overlord is not one of the strongest classes but Overlord is not weak either. If you have full crit dmg(600%) and decent amount of Critical rate (~35-40%) you will clear monsters and dungeons at a good time.

If you have followed this guide you sure have skilled the % ATK buffs like grizzly power, advanced sword mastery, wild rage and bloody roar. All together boost your dmg really good, especially bloody roar, try to keep grizzly power and wild rage always going. Also if possible get your hands on some (Hero)Wild Rage Earrings, they will allow the skill to go up to lvl 8 and it gives a total of 18% ATK boost.

This was just a quick Overview, if you got any question feel free to mail me on the forum or ingame (Vossel) :)

#40 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi

been play Ds for straight 4/5 week since CNY event and now my Overlord lv 71 (been skip quest since CF event started from 55  to 71). Until today i see many bad review bout Overlord, and I follow  this Guide.

2nd what should i look for like gear from lv 70 and up? 

(Atm I wear Secmathian Hero Full set + Zau [ paris still BSmithin] )

you should try get a good guild by this point to lend you some pieces from Black dragon lord armor  and wings to show to great for the hearts at lvl 79 

only thing you should worry about is the elga weapon (i recommend everyone to buy the bloody since farm by yourself is not worth it)

Edited by HakannBlast, 02 March 2017 - 12:30 PM.

#41 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

Cleaned up this topic. This topic is intended as guide for people who want to play a certain class and neither to insult people who are interested to play this class nor to insult the guide writer. Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

#42 MaRiNaIsMaiL

MaRiNaIsMaiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

Hello. MaRiNaIsMaiL

First of, are you planning to lvl to lv81+ anytime soon? For pve I would suggest full Elga set with carsharp head or pos full set. For pve ovl , the more fcr you have and decend or even max CD and fcr will be best for pve.

Ask Sam himself or Agitodesu ( he can definitely help you with pve gear)

Hi niceza999,

So I better get lv 81 as soon as possible? 

Elga set - BDL? this dropable? or need materials like Zau? I farm 3 whole day only for get zau  :sob:  from quest till materials.

Carsharp head <== Cant find this on market, what is that?

if you wanna stay PvE go Full Agi with your bous points, focus on critical rate and Damage.

Strength is not usefull to focus on since its impact is very very very low.

Get Protector of Stars Weapon (lvl 81) +20 and look for stuff with Crit dmg(5 parts Protector of stars set (hero)(lvl81)/ATK stuff/some Movementspeed. 

For now 5 parts secmathian is totally fine, get something else like the carsharp head, or mutisha shoulders for ATK or movementspeed.

Overlord is not one of the strongest classes but Overlord is not weak either. If you have full crit dmg(600%) and decent amount of Critical rate (~35-40%) you will clear monsters and dungeons at a good time.

If you have followed this guide you sure have skilled the % ATK buffs like grizzly power, advanced sword mastery, wild rage and bloody roar. All together boost your dmg really good, especially bloody roar, try to keep grizzly power and wild rage always going. Also if possible get your hands on some (Hero)Wild Rage Earrings, they will allow the skill to go up to lvl 8 and it gives a total of 18% ATK boost.

This was just a quick Overview, if you got any question feel free to mail me on the forum or ingame (Vossel) :)

Hi Vossel,

Ah bout Bonus Point, someone told me I need up around 60 to HLT. He said gonna need pretty much HP, So I up 55 to Bonus point. He lv 82, so I could trust him lol  :p_smile:

POS set, many player said, it take so much time to get 1 full sets, so better wear and enchant item/set, for temporary till POS. So it true?

Critical Damage and Final Critical Rate - To get highest CD or FCR , most of it from IM set? or Soulcraft effect? or Stats?

If IM , which IM for now give good stats set.

(Hero) Wild Rage Earrings - How to get this? Prices like 2k-3k Gold. it take couple day to farm gold.

you should try get a good guild by this point to lend you some pieces from Black dragon lord armor  and wings to show to great for the hearts at lvl 79 

only thing you should worry about is the elga weapon (i recommend everyone to buy the bloody since farm by yourself is not worth it)

Oh Elga, I go there once and yup that crazy I die tho~  :p_sick:

(wings to show to great for the hearts at lvl 79) sorry what is suppose to mean?

Elga weapon like zau? recipe? What is Bloody? Black Dragon Bloody Crystal? OMG :p_omg:  20k I saw on market. 

F1 Verglass each full bag only around 200g-250g / 3-4min each runs.  x __ = 20k  :p_sick: 

Thank you so much for your time and guidance everyone. 

Here My Current Stats

HJK4kDq.jpgllyUBGs.jpg

That my stat for now, feel free to comment, Thanks.

Regards

Edited by MaRiNaIsMaiL, 02 March 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#43 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

AGI as bonus stat is a good idea since it helps a lot those who aren't fully geared. Not necessary though.

#44 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

It's easy to get 40% cr and 600% cd with 120k+Patk with 300% atk spd+ and stuff. It's just that it's gonna cost you a liver,both your eyeballs, and 10 square feet of your skin to finish that.

I personally run 120 Agi as a bonus stat instead of health just for the lolz. You don't really need as much hlt to pve as you think if you got some defense and don't afk inside attacks.

Edited by Agitodesu, 02 March 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#45 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

120 AGI for the lolz ? You should've gone STR all the way.

#46 MaRiNaIsMaiL

MaRiNaIsMaiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

It's easy to get 40% cr and 600% cd with 120k+Patk with 300% atk spd+ and stuff. It's just that it's gonna cost you a liver,both your eyeballs, and 10 square feet of your skin to finish that.

I personally run 120 Agi as a bonus stat instead of health just for the lolz. You don't really need as much hlt to pve as you think if you got some defense and don't afk inside attacks.

Hi Agitodesu

so you mean it gonna cost me time , effort and money? 

even got IMpoint , I still dont know what item to buy. . . just insurance lol or husky lol

120agi as Overlord?

so what is minimum defense I need to have for now?

120 AGI for the lolz ? You should've gone STR all the way.

ok this confusin~ some said , str is not really helpful.  :wah:

heh I alrdy up 55point at Hlt  :p_sick:

Thank you for feedback  :p_laugh:

Regards

#47 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:06 AM

Don't take my STR message seriously, it wasn't addressed to you ;)

But you should choose between HLT and AGI, since they are the most useful stats. AGI increases your DPS but becomes obsolete once geared while HLT increases your survability, but DEF has a much hugher impact in PvE.

#48 MaRiNaIsMaiL

MaRiNaIsMaiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

Don't take my STR message seriously, it wasn't addressed to you ;)

But you should choose between HLT and AGI, since they are the most useful stats. AGI increases your DPS but becomes obsolete once geared while HLT increases your survability, but DEF has a much hugher impact in PvE.

Oh ~  :p_laugh:

should I up my secmathian set? how many def can it reach?

#49 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

Don't waste your time upgrading secmathian. Just farm gold and stuff until you can grab that Hero POS set. Then +20 that all the way. If you have money and gold to +20 a secmathian set or something, your'e better off finishing the complete hero pos set instead. Your choice though.

#50 MaRiNaIsMaiL

MaRiNaIsMaiL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:45 AM

Don't waste your time upgrading secmathian. Just farm gold and stuff until you can grab that Hero POS set. Then +20 that all the way. If you have money and gold to +20 a secmathian set or something, your'e better off finishing the complete hero pos set instead. Your choice though.

Alright, I follow masta  :p_laugh:  advise~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users