Reduce the cost/weight of potions - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Reduce the cost/weight of potions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

The cost/weight made sense back in the days before the healing hats and 100 was max level. But now they make little sense. With 100+ monsters hitting for so much you need to carry a truck load of them solo (Which a lot of classes can't).

We already know most of the npc potions are junk compared to fresh fish (less heal and higher weight). Rich players will mainly use fish, healing hats, or slim whites. So the main people hurt by potions current stats are new players.

Almost as soon as they are able too, everyone dumps using potions, because they are flat out bad as they are right now except for genes.

Its hard for a new player to feel like staying in iro long enough to hit 90 million and rising price of the witch hat. While seeing money vanishing into thin air with whites if they don''t know to use fish.

Even other options like hell poodle card's meat should have a lower weight than the crazy 15 to help balance the current healing market with the healing hats.

The items don't have to heal more. Even with half the weight, the healing hats will still be way better. Fresh fish is the only low level healing item thats kind of balanced atm. Any potions that heals less than fresh fish shouldn't be more expensive AND have a higher weight.

Edited by Lunebeam, 10 July 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Honestly if you want to comfortably mob buy some WPE and use medium/low life potions. When i used to mob like crazy on any of my characters while I leveled them I'd pop those and my fish usage went from 2500 per hour down to like 200 just a few here and there.

#3 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

I completely agree, potions are way heavier then what they should be. Not every character can carry so much and it lasts so little added with the cost from the NPCs. Reduce the weight of potions so that ALL classes can use them not just a few so that they can be depended on in renewal.  Take a mage for example! a propperly built wizard will NEVER have good carrying weight! even with a heavy lifter box its nearly impossible to depend on NPC shop potions as they dont do much for a Warlocks survival much less a baby warlock. 
     Fresh fish are much more dependable EVEN WITHOUT THE Fish in mouth HEADGEAR! 
  Renewal fixed the lvl and stats of all monsters but didn't even bother to keep potions and items up to date. That also includes weapons smithed by a blacksmith. (Wich were probably good before renewal but now arn't that dependable)

Now obviously people dont always have the zeny to depend on slims that other sell at really high prices so I would agree full heartedly that NPC shop potions are garbage and need a good updating. :p_hi:

#4 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

It certainly wouldn't hurt kRO to take a look at updating stuff like this.

#5 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

I agree with the OP. At least white potions should be reduced in weight and price just a little bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users