Base 1 and Base 1 Spawn points need to be PZ (Protection Zone). - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Base 1 and Base 1 Spawn points need to be PZ (Protection Zone).

32 replies to this topic

#1 NeythanB

NeythanB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Make Base 1 and 2 a Protection Zone,so people will "at least" be able to join without beign killed before the map is loaded...

Thats how a lot of game does,i think thats important because people are getting killed before they can see what's going on.

#2 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

/signed

#3 AndraxB

AndraxB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Lying dead on the floor before loading screen finishes is kinda silly. Even if you have a good internet connection and a good enough pc to load it up fast, this happens with Siege weapons constantly firing at the entrance points.

A protection zone would have similar issues, but at least you have a chance to do something instead of just looking at a loading screen. Which is a world of difference to every player.

/signed!

#4 PoweredByRice

PoweredByRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:North American

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

/signed

#5 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Are, not a protection zone.  Misread that.

I would be in favor of an invulnerability buff that lasts 10 seconds.  It makes more sense in the big scheme of things.  An invulnerability zone has its own set of problems.

Edited by Confuddle01, 11 July 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#6 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

There isn't a way to split the map into sections (to PVP or non-PVP). However, the idea right now is an invulnerability buff.

#7 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

There isn't a way to split the map into sections (to PVP or non-PVP). However, the idea right now is an invulnerability buff.

No offense but a few of my old dev buddies that run multiple private game servers with hardly any experience in developing games could add a zone to that map if needed. Where theres a will theres a way.

But then again I guess its not the matter of adding it. Its the matter of you having to ask Gravity for permission.

But we all already know what I say to that. Screw gravity and start making things better.

ps. What happens if the person lags on load and that 10-20second buff is gone and they die? Still not worth going to WoE and   losing way more BP then you can gain. 

With a proper safe spawn zone people can group up and rush the defends(camping pos's) and have a chance at killing     them.

Edited by iJojo, 11 July 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#8 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

ps. What happens if the person lags on load and that 10-20second buff is gone and they die? Still not worth going to WoE and   losing way more BP then you can gain. 

With a proper safe spawn zone people can group up and rush the defends(camping pos's) and have a chance at killing     them.

Agree to this. It takes a long time for me to load the map. So long that the buff will probably expire by the time I completely load the map. Plus I think I'll need extra time to load the skills that are being spammed by the campers.

Also I heard somewhere in another thread before that there are some hackers/bug exploiters that make those kinds of buffs either last forever or just way longer. Hopefully that wouldn't happen, or at least, not too much.

#9 NeythanB

NeythanB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Kinda weird because people with invulnerability buff (depends on how much it will last and how fast is the pc of the player).

Example 1: Let's imagine it last 10 seconds,some op ranger/sorc will kill you in that little amount of time and we aren't going to be able to "hit them".

Example 2: Let's imagine if someone have a slow pc,and the time from the invulneravility buff is like 5 secs,he will got killed before the map is loaded.

Hope you keep a eye on that and think it with your best efforts.

Ty for the reply.

#10 Arishis

Arishis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

how the PVP arena in prontera works?

#11 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Its rather easy, make the Invulnerability also maybe 50% or 0% speed - so either you can move a bit while it lasts or not move at all - and also unable to use any skills - silenced, slowed and immortal - then it wears off and you can cast/attack/move normally but you can now die.

Also allow us to right-click it off when we want to end it prematurely to get rid of the slow/silence effect if we wanna heal our allies right away.

I think this about sums up the best way to go at it without having a possible separate safe zone -because anyway that safe zone could be abused too.

#12 Ledise

Ledise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

At least make it longer even about 5 to 10 mins.

#13 NeythanB

NeythanB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Right now,nobody cant join the WoE because people is beign spawn camped with cannons and Crossbows at the entrances of Base 1 and Base 2,you just go in and before the map got loaded,you are already dead...

Edited by NeythanB, 11 July 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#14 robert

robert

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Why not make a NPC that cast a skill that stops all attack skills.

#15 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

yeah give 20sec Glutton Fabre Buff!

/signed

#16 LordAzuRa

LordAzuRa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

/signed

#17 Zaquilak

Zaquilak

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

/signed

#18 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Its rather easy, make the Invulnerability also maybe 50% or 0% speed - so either you can move a bit while it lasts or not move at all - and also unable to use any skills - silenced, slowed and immortal - then it wears off and you can cast/attack/move normally but you can now die.

Also allow us to right-click it off when we want to end it prematurely to get rid of the slow/silence effect if we wanna heal our allies right away.

I think this about sums up the best way to go at it without having a possible separate safe zone -because anyway that safe zone could be abused too.

Abused you say? So could your buffs to a much more extreme extent. Think of a hacker bypassing hackshield. Think of the godlike mode anyone could toggle on with a few variable changes in cheat engine? No. I do not support buffs. I support good old safe zone entrances. Where guilds and players will qq and taunt each other until they have a big enough force to rush out and zerg kill the rest of the spawn campers. 

Its called good old player v. player. Get used to it and accept it. It is the only viable option for this situation.

#19 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Kinda weird because people with invulnerability buff (depends on how much it will last and how fast is the pc of the player).

Example 1: Let's imagine it last 10 seconds,some op ranger/sorc will kill you in that little amount of time and we aren't going to be able to "hit them".

Example 2: Let's imagine if someone have a slow pc,and the time from the invulneravility buff is like 5 secs,he will got killed before the map is loaded.

Hope you keep a eye on that and think it with your best efforts.

Ty for the reply.

Answer is simple, multiple castles. or lower siege weapons damage hard. Splash should MAYBE at MOST do 500, not 7000, 12000, or 20000.

#20 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Abused you say? So could your buffs to a much more extreme extent. Think of a hacker bypassing hackshield. Think of the godlike mode anyone could toggle on with a few variable changes in cheat engine? No. I do not support buffs. I support good old safe zone entrances. Where guilds and players will qq and taunt each other until they have a big enough force to rush out and zerg kill the rest of the spawn campers. 

Its called good old player v. player. Get used to it and accept it. It is the only viable option for this situation.

Hello paranoia.

Please, anyone doing that would be easily caught and reported and like I said: the buff would make you unable to move, unable to act.

Its funny but I've yet to come across any of these "hackers" - speechack, buff hack, etc - I've heard stories, oh I've heard them. But never ever came across one.
Weird huh?

#21 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

A few second immunity is fine, but (as opposed to most everyone else) I would rather not see precasting removed.

#22 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

Hello paranoia.

Please, anyone doing that would be easily caught and reported and like I said: the buff would make you unable to move, unable to act.

Its funny but I've yet to come across any of these "hackers" - speechack, buff hack, etc - I've heard stories, oh I've heard them. But never ever came across one.
Weird huh?

I've played many mmo's designed like this one in my day. And the hackers are there and they are harder to catch then you think. I'm sorry but if you have no experience in this subject at all please refrain from commenting.  The CM's understand what I'm saying I can assure you that.

#23 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

I don't understand this ... 

There's the case of pvp arena which takes u "into battle" when u step into the ring. Other than that, i'm pretty sure the rest of the room is non-pvp? Can't they slightly like.. place a room or something before hand? But then again, people could just camp further up the hill. LOL

#24 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

I've played many mmo's designed like this one in my day. And the hackers are there and they are harder to catch then you think. I'm sorry but if you have no experience in this subject at all please refrain from commenting.  The CM's understand what I'm saying I can assure you that.

Hahahah, you're full of -_- and you know it.

Get off your throne.

#25 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hahahah, you're full of -_- and you know it.

Get off your throne.

Keep thinking that. Ive been there and fixed it on numerous other games. I know what happens in both situations. I'll stay on my Throne tyvm because ive Earned it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users