#1 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Well Im very inexperienced on this class, Im trying to make one mostly for soloing ET but im wondering which armor to use.

How good is Brynhild for genes?(biochem atm so cant test by myself) Is it worth sacrificing the phen effect of the orleans gown?

btw,If brynhild is not good enough I'll use +9 orleans gown str+3 

so yeah this is my question lol, thanks in advance

#2 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Ideally you'd want to use elemental cards or armors. Genetics don't have a very good HP pool, but they can be made durable with the correct gears and cards. Stack a couple of elemental reduction gears and cards and you're set. Brynhild is still good but I'd only use it against an MVP that doesn't use plenty of strong elemental attacks. Also learn when to switch gears at the right time, say with monsters like Kathryne for example.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

You need a lot more than just one armor for a genetic. 

You need fire/shadow/wind/water armors, plus a wind unfrozen and probably other assorted ones (which ones exactly depend on what you're doing, how hard you're doing it, and - very importantly - what other gears you're using. 

One piece of gear I can tell you right now that you wont need though, is a brynhild... It's pretty unusual to have the luxury of having to face no elemental attacks while using acid bomb (if using CC, you'd care about cast time, so you'd have 2x RWC Pends on and an orleans - you're not gonna put phen cards in RWC pends). 

I can't remember the last time I would have picked a bryn over whatever I was wearing on any of my genetics. 

#4 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

yeah I have the RWC pendants. I was thinking to put phen in one of them since I was going to use brynhild xDDD

Well nvm, Im gonna buy elemental armors (or elemental cards to use in orleans) Thanks for the help

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

IMO, KBC in the RWC pendants, that way you can use them on WoE too (if you're not doing black rosaries)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users