New Player looking to play Wanderer - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Player looking to play Wanderer

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

I have a few questions about RO 1 and the wanderer class (just started playing today.)  As I understand it, this is a lot like Rappelz (or vice versa) in that I want to wait until Job level 50 as Archer to change into Dancer so that I have all of the Archer skills before becoming a dancer.  Then, at base level 99 I switch back to super novice and if I pick Gypsy I can wait till job level 50 and become a Wanderer?

Also, what stats are good if I plan to use Whip?  Wiki says STR only increase your weight carry limit not your damage with a whip.  That at Wanderer level Luck is better than Agi, but prior to Wanderer class Agi is as good as Dex.  I was looking to go about 80 Agi 80 Dex 99 Luck (if their are enough points).  Do stat points reset when you transcend?

Lastly, how long will it take me to get to Wanderer status so I can really start enjoying the game.  I am hoping about a month?

Would love to find people to play with but expecting to have to go solo mostly.

#2 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

After getting 99/50 on a dancer, you transcend and go back to becoming a level 1 high novice (not super novice), during which you repeat the same thing as you did as a regular archer. Get to job 50 again, change to gypsy, then you can become a wanderer after you get 99/50 again. Note that the maximum job level for a transcendent 2nd class is 70, but you can still change at 50 or any level before that. This is highly discouraged however because you will be missing skill points that you'll never get back. Always wait until job 70 before changing to 3rd class.

Whip damage increase with DEX. AGI is optional if you plan to use the skill Severe Rainstorm, Slow Grace or for status resistance in Woe/PvP. From the stats you presented, 80 DEX is too low, 80 AGI is fine and 99 LUK is way too much. DEX should be more around 100, then 95 VIT and 90+ INT. Stat points reset when you transcend.

Dunno how long it'll take you, but it depends on how dedicated you are. Partying in turn-ins, getting VIP, doing Eden quests, buying EXP manuals, etc will make it much faster for you.

Edited by AvalonEir, 15 July 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#3 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

I notice on Wiki the stats are all over as you go up the ladder.  Dancer is one set of stats, Gypsy requires 50 Str and NO Dex.  Should I worry about these classes since my final goal is Wanderer or do I adjust along the way?  Also, how hard is it to solo as a Dancer through Gypsy?  I am base lvl 33 and Archer lvl 30 atm and doing VIP.  The Eden quests seem to be bugged and not letting me turn them in once complete.  I went to one of the Eden quest areas and there were a lot of aggressive monsters at the zone in that killed me right away (some tower for level 30ish monster) so not sure how practical Eden quest are looking.  Is dagger ever a valid option and do they use Str and Dex for damage?  I read where wiki is out of date because it is classic builds so this all may be a moot point I suppose.  THX! !

P.S. I did read the Wanderer guide at the top of this forum ^ ^

#4 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

I haven't played a wanderer/gypsy class yet, but from what i've seen, its a bit difficult to level up if you are new to the game. You'll be mostly supporting the party & you won't be a major part of the attack. Please do note that Wanderer class has one of the lowest HP pools & unless properly geared, you might die a few times more than you'd like. If u are a new player, i'd suggest you choose another class, get some good zenny/equips & then continue with your wanderer. :)

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Wanderers are the least popular non-expanded class due to poor game balancing. They don't excel in PVM / PVP / WoE and are not fantastic at damage nor support.

Now that I've said that, many of the wiki guides may be outdated and use pre-renewal information. The Wanderer guide should be accurate or near-accurate however. All your stats and skills reset after you rebrith your Dancer, so you can screw up on your Dancer build and it's still okay. High Archer / Gypsy leads directly to Wanderer so you may want to build your character based on your future Wanderer build, unless you plan on resetting your stats and/or skills, which costs reset stones or a neuralizer.

#6 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for the info.  I just like the way the sprite looks, along with the idea of using a whip and being support.  Its unique value also has me interested. I read how the Maestro was real bad after a bunch of nerfs and made female to be Wanderer without looking.

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Maestro is actually still REALLY good as magic strings is absolutely crucial for many things (Endless Tower, WoE, etc). Wanderer on the other hand isn't. Maestros also tend to be used as "slaves" and are dual cliented.

#8 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

When you go back to level one for the second time do you have to choose archer again?  I still want to be an Wanderer but it has me wondering.  If I choose mage for example, would I be a Warlock with archer and dancer skills? > <

#9 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

You have to go archer then gypsy still.

Edited by AvalonEir, 17 July 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Once you choose to be a dancer, you must go with the high archer -> gypsy -> wanderer path. You cannot switch paths right after you choose a dancer.

Wanderers are one of the more difficult classes to level and you will kind of "leech" your way up with Eden Gramps Turn Ins. For a more solo class, consider a Ranger.

If you are still an archer, I HIGHLY recommend you go the Hunter -> Sniper -> Ranger path. Rangers are relatively new-player friendly. Once you are more experienced with the game and see what other people can do with their classes, you could consider making a Wanderer or some other class you might appreciate more.

#11 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

I am Archer level 45 and base level 50 and I just completed the Repel Arrow quest.  I am noticing it is looking like even at Archer level 50 I cannot unlock/max all the skill, will I get a chance to learn the rest of them at high archer?  (still going Wanderer end game, just bought the hat from the cash shop ^ ^)

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Your primary stat will be dexterity no matter which class you are currently in.

Whips and bows both derive their damage from dex.

Whoever suggested 99 luk was giving bad advice. I'm a low-dex woe build you might have a lot of luk, but not in a pvm (player vs monster) build.

As for skills, you will get most of them. you will probably want to leach vulture's eye or arrow storm at 9/10 in the end. as for dancer and bhigher classes, you will never be able to cover more than 1/2 to 2/3 of the class's skill tree.

I was a huge fan of gypsies pre-renewal, but as someone mentioned above, wanderer is one of the least fun to play renewal classes. I wish you luck with this character.

Edited by Jaye, 18 July 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#13 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

And she is born.

11sy.png

#14 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Grats. Your stats are VERY messy though...

I figure you have that amount of STR just for the purpose of increasing your weight limit...but it is still a waste of stat points and you shouldn't be too worried about that as a dancer still. LUK is also unnecessary as of now as it doesn't help you much. Really the only stats you need are high DEX, AGI and some INT, with a few points of VIT being optional. Or...if you plan to party leech all the way then you can favor VIT over AGI.

If you wanted to level solo, then bows are the way to go because you do not have any decent attacking skils for a whip weapon, and with bows, AGI is favorable for better attack speed, flee and spamming Double Strafe.

#15 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

If I go job level 70 I get 70 points to spend on dancer skills?  Simulator is saying still only 50 if I got to job level 70.

#16 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

Update, found a really cheap whip for lvl 65 but it has no card slots.  Mt Str, Vit and Int are capped.  Going for Agi, Dex, and Luck from here on out.

7lgg.png

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

You should be almost pure DEX with a little INT at that level and just be double strafing things.

Edited by Jaye, 19 July 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#18 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

Another Update!

ufbm.png

#19 Huneidu

Huneidu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

I have made some knowledgeable friends and this is what my plan is.  At base level 150 Wanderer level 50 I will go 5 Str 100 Agi 5 Vit 100 Int 100 Dex 100 Luck with an Orc Lord card for stun immunity to make up for the 5 Vit.  Not 100% sure I can get four stats to 100 but Int till be the stat I will sacrifice if need be. In their defense, their recommendation was 1 90 1 92 120 35 however they did say have fun and play around.)  Worst comes to worst there is stat re-set NPC. o-(\ /Q)

#20 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

Are you aiming for damage (with Severe Rainstorm)? Are you aiming to support (or debuff enemies) well? A bit of both? A Wanderer is pretty bad at both as I already explained, but if you really insist...

In either case, do NOT go 1 VIT. Do NOT go less than 95 VIT actually. Orc Hero Card is the one that gives stun immunity, not High Orc or Orc Warrior or anything. Orc Hero is an MVP card and is very expensive. Also, you want more VIT for more HP. You are useless as a killer or as support if you cannot stay alive.

My recommendation:

1 STR (or ~30 STR if you cannot afford heavy lifter box or if you will WoE)

30-90 AGI (SR damage, attack speed for certain situations, status resists, really depends)

95 VIT (explained above)

92+ INT (=100 with +8 job bonus, can get more INT if desired)

90+ DEX (SR damage, HIT, etc.)

30-77 LUK (adds a bit of attack, status resists, other nice small bonuses, 77 works with Arc Angeling card)

Edited by kasshin, 20 July 2013 - 03:18 AM.

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

I have a few wanderers and a maestro, and they are all built differently.

My "Support" Wanderer (150/50)
STR: 1
AGI: 5

INT: 100

DEX: 100
LUK: 100

I never really played this one seriously but if I did I'd probably end up lowering LUK and DEX a little and get more AGI for Masquerade resistance.

My "Servere Rainstorm" Wanderer (102/10)

AGI: 81

VIT: 20

INT: 60

DEX: 100

This one was being built for ideal Severe Rainstorm damage. Lots of INT for SP, lots of DEX for primary damage stat, lots of AGI for secondary damage stat.

My "Whip it Good" Wanderer (113/21)

AGI: 110

VIT: 20

INT: 25

DEX: 103

LUK: 14

This character gets 193 attack speed with a whip and proceeds to whip up a frenzy with auto-attack and auto-spell from ring of flamelord, cd in mouth, snake head, etc.

Edited by Jaye, 20 July 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#22 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Bull -_-. Luck is no longer apart of the formula for Severe Rainstorm.

Honestly,

if you are going for wanderer try getting 55 vit & int before getting more than 90 in dex & agi.

Dex is important for SR damage and just about EVERYTHING;

but you would need the vit and int to survive, and support with GK and such.

:C agi is only useful for SR, other than that, Dodge isnt so useful in renewal :(

#23 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

LUK isn't a part of SR's formula, but LUK does affect ATK. So like almost every other skill in the game, LUK does give damage bonuses due to the small ATK boost you get from it (matk for magic skills). But, the boost is small in comparison with other stats, so if using it for damage purposes, only add perhaps around 30-50 at most. This is more advanced stuff and more endgame however (only add 10-20 luk early on) and the original poster is nowhere near that yet.

Also because of the formula, DEX should always be higher than AGI if you are prioritizing damage, unless you are getting AGI for other purposes.

But, you probably won't even really be using SR all that much. You're probably much more useful using GK in parties so that ABs and other classes won't run out of sp (as fast).

Just focus on leveling for now and know that DEX, VIT, and INT are very important stats for dancers / gypsies / wanderers. AGI / flee builds are ok for new players who are only killing one monster at a time.

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

AGI and LUK have many functions, and different builds get varying amounts of them for completely different reasons.

Support Builds

60~80 LUK is mostly for status resistance, in a support build.

30~50 AGI is mostly for status resistance, in a support build.

Severe Rainstorm Builds

20~50 LUK is mostly for ATK and Lucky Dodge, in a Severe Rainstorm build.

50~100 AGI is mostly for Severe Rainstorm Damage Modifier, in a Severe Rainstorm build.

Melee Whip Builds

10~30 LUK is mostly for Critical and Flee, in a melee whip build.

90~110 AGI is mostly for Attack Speed and Flee, in a melee whip build.

Sound Damage Builds

20~40 LUK is mostly for MATK and ATK, in a sound damage build.

1~30 AGI is mostly for Skill Motion Delay, in a sound damage build.

Edited by Jaye, 21 July 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#25 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Luk for status resitance is useful; But a Support Wanderer shouldn't need luk for any -_- at all.

Luk on a SR wanderer is kinda pointless; Matk/Atk doesnt increase the damage of SR or efficiency of any skills other than the skills under the reverbation branch! Only reason why a wanderer who's SR build would have Luk is for Perfect Dodge w/the agi for SR damage.

Seriously, I recommend sticking to GK, most of the times. The only way SR damage would be decent is with an Elven Bow and +7 or +9 Heroic Backpack with 90+ dex. <.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users