• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Geoboardman

Geoboardman

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

I'm about to class change from thief to rogue, not planning on getting any pvp skills just going for pvm. I'm thinking I want to get these skills but not sure if sword mastery is worth getting. Any suggestions?

Snatcher 10
Steal Coin 4
Backstab 10
Tunnel Drive 5
Raid 5
Intimidate 5
Sword Mastery or Plagiarism 10

#2 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

I'm thinking I want to get these skills but not sure if sword mastery is worth getting. Any suggestions?

Well Sword mastery lvl 10 adds (or used to add) +40 atk. It seems worth getting to me if you're gonna be using a dagger/sword... <_< Actually not taking sword mastery would be stupid unless you are going for a full strip(woe) build I think.

Plagiarism (assuming you mean the iRO name 'intimidate', where your intimidate in iRO is called 'snatch', not to be confused with your snatcher>aka 'Gank') is very nice to have. Think about triple blow (monk). But you'll have to make some sacrifices in your current build idea...

(edit for my own confusing usage of the english language ^^)

Edited by Chucklet, 25 October 2010 - 11:29 AM.

#3 DarkCoffee

DarkCoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

On my Rogue, I completely disregarded Sword Mastery so I could max Backstab, Gank, and Intimidate, and I never really had any problems leveling. As a side-note, he's not WoE-centric so he also has no Divest options (which is what I was going to go for with Stalker).

Just FYI, you're gonna need a lot of SP unless you plan on Intimidating a passive attack skill; Bowling Bash is useful as far as mob-training, but it's an SP-drain. Raging Trifecta Blow, however, is more of a one-on-one skill but doesn't use any SP.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

We have a skill resetter npc. Try it, and see how much it helps, and if it doesn't help much, ditch it, and report back here and tell us how much it sucks (preferably with numbers)

Mastery damage pretty much gets the ass end of everything in renewal though, even moreso than before, so i wouldn't be surprised if the skill was -_- now.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 October 2010 - 11:51 AM.

#5 Calessa

Calessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Mastery damage pretty much gets the ass end of everything in renewal though, even moreso than before, so i wouldn't be surprised if the skill was :) now.

I'm not sure how much is known about it right now, but I have Sword Mastery maxed on my Stalker right now, and I began meleeing a Ghost 3 property critter yesterday with a non-elemental weapon. I was consistently doing EXACTLY 40 damage per swing. I believe it is likely that Sword Mastery now adds +40 damage to every attack, and that the damage is added after all other resistances are accounted for. I don't recall doing damage prior to renewal just on Sword Mastery.

Edited by Calessa, 29 October 2010 - 10:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users