A concise and simple Geneticist guide on MvP Build and Equipment. - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A concise and simple Geneticist guide on MvP Build and Equipment.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I've looked through the forum and everyone tends to keep differing on opinions and leaves me with nothing much to infer from it. Could someone please give a comprehensive yet simply put guide on build and equipment for an MvP Build Gene?

E.g.

Stats - Str - 100 

Int - 100 etc.

Skills - Cart Canon lvl 5 etc.

Gear -  Upper Headgear - Giant Magestic Goat ( Please don't use abbreviations as it is difficult to know when you don't :/)

Armor - Diabolus Armor.

And so forth.

Please help it would not only help me but a lot of other people who take interest in this class.

Thank you.

#2 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

Hmm I always see you 'not reading' guides and asking for simple guides for everything =3= lol. It's pretty much there.

It's hard to put up a "simple" equip guide for Genes since...fighting against every MvP in the game isn't so simple. As all guides are, you must read in order to learn, it is not so simple to put everything in one post.

For your stats, go with Azzy's optimized stats for maximum AB damage. You can also sacrafice STR to up INT for Cart Cannon damage.

For skills and stat build, the first guide (did you read it yet?) shows a few very good samples that you can choose from: http://forums.warppo...-genetic-guide/

As for equips, this is a place that mostly discusses weapons (again, can't be simplified), but there is also a sample full build on the bottom: http://forums.warppo...or-geneticists/

Generally, the 'must' equips you need are elemental armors, orlean gown, under a cast accessory, variants, HBP, alice shield, cranial shield, and abysmal knight helms (with elemental card reduction). The secondary options include glasses with elemental card reductions, MoH/Tattoos for damage, EMH/Witch Hat, BDM, Dagger in mouth, etc. Entirely optional ones are Nid garb/HBP with elemental reductions, multiple elemental armors (orlean elemental vs elemental unfrozen vs bakonawa elemental), immune shield.

Again, it's pretty much there, but the info is spread across a...couple of pages lol. You'll have to read in order to know what does what exactly.

#3 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hey, thanks for taking the time to say, really appreciate it. And, yes, i did read most of the guides, including the two that you mentioned (except for the first, honestly, which i didn't complete entirely, lol, since it got so tedious), but all of it is very ambiguous and confused such that it leaves me in a dilemma where i don't quite know what to pick up for my char. Hence my urge for a concise and comprehensive guide.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

Simple guide for genetic:

Stats:

Max your ATK and MATK as efficiently as possible without making silly sacrifices into secondary stats like your HP total or something.

Gear:

Max your ATK and MATK as efficiently as possible without making silly sacrifices into secondary stats like your HP total, racial reduction percentages, or something.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I've presented an optimized stat build in at least two threads here. 

There is no one right answer for gear - there are a great many approaches to gear and different ones are appropriate depending on your goals, resources, existing gear, and other characters (that might benefit from sharing gear)

#6 RoLegend

RoLegend

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

http://forums.warppo...st-build/page-6

You can check this thread out .. = )

#7 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Thank you ^.^

Edited by QuarterBlotter, 28 July 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#8 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

lol its not like you have any gear options with merchant classes. were all pretty much pidgeonholed into using the same stuff.

the standard gearset is

immune nidhogger, variant shoes, peco carded orlean armor, and whatever hat of your choice with most people going +7-+9 crown of d., witch hat, or evil marching hat. 

red twin or blue twin x3 AS card. and then the appropriate shield for each situation.

accessories are your choice as long as they boost mATK and ATK. the best and cheapest options are the medal of honor pvp accessories

other then that, the only other gear youll need is element resist gear to get boss blast dmg down to survivable. if you have to ask us what gear to get though, then youre probably not ready to buy it. all of this info is on the irowiki page of course

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

lol its not like you have any gear options with merchant classes. were all pretty much pidgeonholed into using the same stuff.

the standard gearset is

immune nidhogger, variant shoes, peco carded orlean armor, and whatever hat of your choice with most people going +7-+9 crown of d., witch hat, or evil marching hat. 

red twin or blue twin x3 AS card. and then the appropriate shield for each situation.

accessories are your choice as long as they boost mATK and ATK. the best and cheapest options are the medal of honor pvp accessories

other then that, the only other gear youll need is element resist gear to get boss blast dmg down to survivable. if you have to ask us what gear to get though, then youre probably not ready to buy it. all of this info is on the irowiki page of course

Since when?

Any genetic worth his salt* has a +9 HBP - the damage added amounts to ~11% for CC and a whopping 17% for AB.

Peco card in armor? Who the hell makes those?! Porcellio or element card in armor is a better choice. You don't get many chances to wear non-elemental armor anyway. 

I also generally disagree with your claim that all genetics use the same gear - that's true of weapon and garment (or so I thought), and naturally everyone, genetic or not, uses the same shields. But other than that, there are a lot of options, and there isn't usually a clear best choice. Maximizing damage isn't everything - you have to balance it with survivability too, at least if you're killing MVPs that are worth killing. 

*or saltpeter, as the case may be. 

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Azzy absolutely correct.

#11 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, besides hybrid chasers or suras, I could only imagine a gene with as much gears to swap as possible. Now I usually have 10-20 different gears/weapon in my cart ready to swap when I MvP with a gene. Besides my full equips I also have ~3 to quick swap. Not just that, you also have soooo many options of choosing what consumables you want to bring. I was too cheap on buying heavy lifter, but you go from using pots to berries, blues to seeds, greens to anocdote (or whatever), elemental potions to elemental scrolls, 4 different balls, 4 different foods, and a bunch of etc consumables.

Merchant is the least 'stuck' with options.

#12 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

i was referring to non elemental gear obviously

Since when?

Any genetic worth his salt* has a +9 HBP - the damage added amounts to ~11% for CC and a whopping 17% for AB.

Peco card in armor? Who the hell makes those?! Porcellio or element card in armor is a better choice. You don't get many chances to wear non-elemental armor anyway. 

I also generally disagree with your claim that all genetics use the same gear - that's true of weapon and garment (or so I thought), and naturally everyone, genetic or not, uses the same shields. But other than that, there are a lot of options, and there isn't usually a clear best choice. Maximizing damage isn't everything - you have to balance it with survivability too, at least if you're killing MVPs that are worth killing. 

*or saltpeter, as the case may be. 

porcellio card is the biggest waste ever and just weakens you so you have greater chance to die to an mvp. i as well as guildies have done extensive tests with porc and with peco and the porc is so unnoticeable that its not worth the loss of 10% hp

#13 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

i was referring to non elemental gear obviously

porcellio card is the biggest waste ever and just weakens you so you have greater chance to die to an mvp. i as well as guildies have done extensive tests with porc and with peco and the porc is so unnoticeable that its not worth the loss of 10% hp

lol peco carded armor....

Also, please use Azzy's calc's....he made them for a reason, and anyone should be able to see how limited -5 def is, and how impacting +25 atk is. 

Edited by Havenn, 16 August 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Porc card adds 24.something damage with AB per point of target vit, with 3xAS RTE and +9 HBP - around 2%. For CC, it adds ~3%. 

I have the exact number at home, and thought i'd posted it. 

My feeling regarding the vulnerability from losing the 10% hp is - which MVP are we talking about that doesn't demand an elemental card in armor, but which is painful enough that you need +10% hp on. HP doesn't help you kill faster, so unless you're at risk of dying, it's dead weight; a wasted slot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users