#1 Nechi

Nechi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Haii!! After a Long break from RO I decided to go back to RO!;) and this time I wanted to play as a Maestro class ;D but the problem is I don't really know how to play As a bard, so I wanted to know if you guys should maybe share some information or tips and tricks on hoe to lvl a Bard up? Maybe tell me how i'm going to play as bard, soloing or partying. I haven't really decide how i'm going to play yet...so just bomb me with information^.~(please)
Was thinking of a hybrid, DSing and Beginning a Supporter? Then should the stats be Vit/Int/Dex? How should the the stats be when you're lvl 99?

Gonna start my bard somewhere in the end of August. (> ~.^)>

Edited by Nechi, 02 August 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#2 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

As a bard, use a bow whenever you're soloing and an instrument when you party. For solo, you just kill stuff with Double Strafe and regular hits, or if you think you can handle it, mob then arrow shower. In party play you just keep strings up, or arrow shower when really needed.

As a minstrel you do the same thing except you can level solo with an instrument with the Arrow Vulcan skill. If not, you can still just use bows. I stuck to mobbing and arrow shower all the way because it's just much faster.

Maestros either AoE with Severe Rainstorm or just keep strings up, as well as giving additional buffs like Windmill Rush or Echo Song.

#3 Nechi

Nechi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

As a bard, use a bow whenever you're soloing and an instrument when you party. For solo, you just kill stuff with Double Strafe and regular hits, or if you think you can handle it, mob then arrow shower. In party play you just keep strings up, or arrow shower when really needed.

As a minstrel you do the same thing except you can level solo with an instrument with the Arrow Vulcan skill. If not, you can still just use bows. I stuck to mobbing and arrow shower all the way because it's just much faster.

Maestros either AoE with Severe Rainstorm or just keep strings up, as well as giving additional buffs like Windmill Rush or Echo Song.

Thanks for the reply!! was thinking the same when I read the other bard class threads. But do you know any idea how the stats and equipments should to be? PvM, WoE, or just normal lvling ;P

Edited by Nechi, 02 August 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#4 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

For PvM, stick to whatever bow you have until you can get an Orc Archer Bow. If you're a Maestro and still don't have an Orc Archer Bow, get an Elven Bow instead. Use whatever instrument you want when partying. If you wanna Arrow Vulcan stuff, Double Kingbird Oriental Lute is a good weapon.

For WoE, Green Whistle is good. Electric Guitar is also good but a very rare weapon. If you can freeze enemies with Unbarring Octave, you will do more damage with Reverberation on other players due to Electric Guitar being a wind element weapon. You can get that or just use Wind Converters and stick to Green Whistle. Note that it isn't often you get to kill in WoE since you're mostly used for songs, buffing and debuffing. If you have a Berserk Guitar you can be an emporium breaker too.

As for the other equips, well there's plenty of choices. I don't know what your budget is so I can't say much, but the most popular and useful choices would be HBP, Variants, Hodremlin shield, etc for PvM. WoE set, Hiding accessory, CEB/RPB for WoE. Also, get a Combat Knife to swap to when you don't need to use songs.

For stats...80+ AGI, 90-100+ INT, 90-100+ VIT, 100+ DEX, and the rest to LUK.

If you manage to hit 150 INT, your strings will fully reduce the cast delays of all skills, which is extremely useful.
AGI is needed for Severe Rainstorm damage so get some if you plan to AoE early on as Maestro. If not you can raise it last for some status resistances.
LUK is also for added status resistance.

Edited by AvalonEir, 02 August 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#5 Nechi

Nechi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

For PvM, stick to whatever bow you have until you can get an Orc Archer Bow. If you're a Maestro and still don't have an Orc Archer Bow, get an Elven Bow instead. Use whatever instrument you want when partying. If you wanna Arrow Vulcan stuff, Double Kingbird Oriental Lute is a good weapon.

For WoE, Green Whistle is good. Electric Guitar is also good but a very rare weapon. If you can freeze enemies with Unbarring Octave, you will do more damage with Reverberation on other players due to Electric Guitar being a wind element weapon. You can get that or just use Wind Converters and stick to Green Whistle. Note that it isn't often you get to kill in WoE since you're mostly used for songs, buffing and debuffing. If you have a Berserk Guitar you can be an emporium breaker too.

As for the other equips, well there's plenty of choices. I don't know what your budget is so I can't say much, but the most popular and useful choices would be HBP, Variants, Hodremlin shield, etc for PvM. WoE set, Hiding accessory, CEB/RPB for WoE. Also, get a Combat Knife to swap to when you don't need to use songs.

For stats...80+ AGI, 90-100+ INT, 90-100+ VIT, 100+ DEX, and the rest to LUK.

If you manage to hit 150 INT, your strings will fully reduce the cast delays of all skills, which is extremely useful.
AGI is needed for Severe Rainstorm damage so get some if you plan to AoE early on as Maestro. If not you can raise it last for some status resistances.
LUK is also for added status resistance.

Thanks for the fast response! ;) My budget isn't done because I about to clean up my storage, but I got some few Mil, so I can invest some mils on the gears.

I have another question: when it comes to begin a Supporter and a Double Strafer. Does the stats stay the same as you said before? And what should I focus on when I'm non-tranced and tranced(in stats? DSing or supporter survival?)

I hope I don't ask too much from you, kinda new to play as a bard ;)

#6 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

They all end up the same. Though if you're a supporter, you can focus more on VIT over AGI. For Double Strafe you can choose AGI over VIT to make Double Strafe more spammable and to get ready for Severe Rainstorm. Just be sure not to fully neglect from raising VIT, though you can go full VIT and no AGI for Double Strafing if you want.

#7 Nechi

Nechi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

They all end up the same. Though if you're a supporter, you can focus more on VIT over AGI. For Double Strafe you can choose AGI over VIT to make Double Strafe more spammable and to get ready for Severe Rainstorm. Just be sure not to fully neglect from raising VIT, though you can go full VIT and no AGI for Double Strafing if you want.

Ohh okey :D now that I know that I Think got a idea how the skills should be when i'm non-tranced x) Thanks AvalonEir!! And is there any way maybe I can contact in-game? If you can help me more in-game when i'm stuck? Only if it doesn't bother you so much ;)

#8 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yea sure just check my sig for characters to PM me on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users