[c] general discussion on the state of classic - Page 12 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

[c] general discussion on the state of classic

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#276 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Do some advertising. Encourage pvp/BG by offering rewards. encourage/reward party play. GM's should be more active with community in game w/ events.

imo, pre trans isn't bad. I like making it to trans, not just auto getting there. 

Some of y'all are so dramatic. 

#277 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

advertising wouldn't work well if you're advertising a crap product (server with almost no active people playing on it). they really need to give some incentives in order for people to join.

as for the gms being more involved ingame, yeah i agree with that... but as i've said so many times in this thread, how most of the people on the server play is also one factor why this server is failing. classic has become a gvg/woe only server. i just don't understand why people don't hang out in pvp when pvp is one of the great aspects of this game... i swear this server would feel more alive if there were people there. -_-

#278 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

LOL sorry but, in renewal the amt of ppl you see logged in is mainly bots.

Guess the problem isn't there alone its everywhere due to the ppl's support.

#279 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

i know renewal has bots too but in terms of real active players obviously renewal>classic too. people actually do -_- outside of woe and you can see random players interact with each other..as opposed to classic where there are like 100++ people and they are split into close knit groups who pretty much have their own separate worlds

#280 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

There is more players, but bot to player ratio, bot wins.

The majority of the server is bot, and the items are so market readily you can use edp and bombs and alot of other botted items to kill a poring.

#281 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

There is more players, but bot to player ratio, bot wins.

The majority of the server is bot, and the items are so market readily you can use edp and bombs and alot of other botted items to kill a poring.

This is flat out false? You can get edps from the vending machine so no one would bother botting that lmao

#282 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

who's the "rest of the server" who made an alliance and fought your guild if 2ez wasn't part of it and nostalgic quit? Serious Business would be the only (merged) guild left, am i right? unless you were actually against those small guilds like Kanon and AnO.

edit: oops i missed the post which said SB is done =/

Damn... XD small guild is true... at least we make the attempt to compete right? (kanon member here.)
We may not be super strong but we believe we put up a decent battle considering our few members and mostly basic equipment.
Anyway I believe what's wrong with the server is people have stopped trying.
Maybe the recent removal of magical stone requirement to go second will help keep real newbies in.

#283 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

yeah

#284 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Damn... XD small guild is true... at least we make the attempt to compete right? (kanon member here.)
We may not be super strong but we believe we put up a decent battle considering our few members and mostly basic equipment.
Maybe the recent removal of magical stone requirement to go second will help keep real newbies in.

have you ever thought of WHY a lot of people have stopped trying? simply because they think it's not worth it on a server like classic. dude some people have waited months for classic to be "fixed" but nothing happened so they gave up on the server.

#285 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

This is flat out false? You can get edps from the vending machine so no one would bother botting that lmao

True that, but you dont get bombs.

And the edp materials are still botted.

No one farms for mini things anymore when they got a bot to slave and do it for them.

Edited by leiand, 14 August 2013 - 04:21 AM.

#286 GundamUC

GundamUC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

All I know is that I better not see those same bots on Alligator and Goat maps lvl99 then Trans or else I'm going to quit. I've sent multiple reports on them and still after the mass bans they are still robo-grinding ever harder.. -.-

Edited by GundamUC, 14 August 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#287 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Where's this so-called "vending machine"...

#288 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

Where's this so-called "vending machine"...

There is one in the Pront WoE map

#289 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

All I know is that I better not see those same bots on Alligator and Goat maps lvl99 then Trans or else I'm going to quit. I've sent multiple reports on them and still after the mass bans they are still robo-grinding ever harder.. -.-

LOL, there are very well geared Bots and player robots that actually do it from start till 3rd class. And maybe till 150 too.

#290 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

my post... has been deleted

#291 KiloZulu

KiloZulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMY

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Restart classic, leave out pretrans, them WPE buyers will still keep buying, Gravity and community win!

Pity those who have previously worked hard in the beginning of this server though, but I'm not sure if Classic can be any more dead than now.

Edit.

So ok a server restart was a rash thougth, it will have players not returning to anything grav based prolly, just thought it would be a amusing idea.

Edited by KiloZulu, 16 August 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#292 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

if the WPE was reimbursed then the server should be restarted, the server is a joke right now and completely unplayable. by people logging on each day you are doing more harm than good, recognize that. 

#293 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Server restarts, I'm pretttttttttty sure 95% of my guild would quit.

Along with most other players who cba to do it all over again.

#294 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Ya I doubt were gonna spend another year to make a hammer and lose my MVP card / bio chem. am not donating $160 dollars to get stun immune ill move on to another server if that happens
:edit iPhone likes to auto correct alot

Edited by zerowon, 16 August 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#295 GundamUC

GundamUC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Classic isn't so bad in my opinion. I've been running around maps with my cousin (when he gets chance to log) and overall, we've been having quite the adventure. Maybe if some of the forum people would stop bashing and dissing classic server, people might actually give Classic a chance before dismissing it. Since you know.. people like to read up on servers first before actually joining it. I always see people asking if Classic server is cool, immediately it gets dissed and sure enough, that person loses interest in even trying out Classic. I know it sucks, but there are people who trust forum opinions before wasting time on testing out a server. I remember my first post here saying how I'd like to join Classic, and right away, it was heavily trolled. But I still gave the server a chance, and I still find myself playing on the server.

I've even partied with several people.. even though those nay-sayers are consistently swearing up and down saying there are NO parties in Classic. I beg to differ. And I always see parties in the maps I come across. Then again.. if Classic was heavily populated like Renewal, people would complain about that also. Classic isn't as bad as some people on the forums like to make it seem. And if I'm being in denial.. then so be it. I'm having fun while it lasts. 

#296 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

So it sounds like the partying experience has been pretty positive for you so far. What do you think would make organizing parties easier in your opinion?

#297 GundamUC

GundamUC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Don't decrease the exp gain in parties. It's one of the reasons most people don't party or they prefer solo, because the time you spending leveling in a party is less productive than doing a 2 person (priest/wiz) team or going solo. Or maybe do a 1% increase in exp gain for each person that joins a party, to encourage any class to be invited into a party. That way some classes don't feel left out or seen "incompetent" for higher tier dungeon leveling.

Some members on forums have really came up with some great ideas on bettering the party system to encourage party play.

#298 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

So it sounds like the partying experience has been pretty positive for you so far. What do you think would make organizing parties easier in your opinion?

Simple fix: Make a designated area for people to find parties. Maybe make eden into a chat fest with party recruits or some other place. If you publicly announce a place on the client or loading screen people will go there.

Complex Fix: Ragnarok Online Valkyrie's Uprising has an awesome way to find party's (find full party for toughest parts of the game in minutes). Its kind of like an in game message board. Imagine if pressing ALT+a key brings up a window similar to guild window. That window could have 2 separate tabs. 1 tab for party recruiting and 1 for party searching. Top is refreshed by newest.

Non serious fix (maybe event for fun): Make the "high reward places" that have no risk involved. Which is like thors, dragons ect ect. Make those maps like guild dungeon maps. This would make the "high reward places" have "high risks".

#299 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'd love a high exp PK map.

How GDs should be, but not limited to guilds.

#300 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Complex Fix: Ragnarok Online Valkyrie's Uprising has an awesome way to find party's (find full party for toughest parts of the game in minutes). Its kind of like an in game message board. Imagine if pressing ALT+a key brings up a window similar to guild window. That window could have 2 separate tabs. 1 tab for party recruiting and 1 for party searching. Top is refreshed by newest.

renewal has that (booking system) and it's not being used that much lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users