• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrMuffles

MrMuffles

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I'm an underdogger. I enjoy beating people with classes that are considered low tier. It gives me a bigger sense of pride and gives my opponents no excuses when I wipe the floor with their face.  :p_hi:

So in terms of PvP, which classes are the worst/least represented. I checked the top 100 on the rankings menu in-game and it appears there are only 7 priests and 6 wizards, with the magician class in general being the least represented. Does this indicate magicians are the least powerful in PvP?

I looked into priests and they seem *super* boring x-spammy. Could that be why there aren't too many of them? What about wizards? Why are they low-populated on the top-100 charts. Are there other classes that are considered weak?

Any input from seasoned PvPers is appreciated. Thanks in advance. <3

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Magicians are actually pretty godly in group pvp. The ranking list is pretty unreliable as there are many mages who play.

Wizards are less 1v1 skilled and more group pvp skilled. While Priests can dominate in both group and 1v1. If you can be a skilled 1v1 Wizard then I'm pretty impressed especially end-game. The main reason i find ranking lists unreliable as they often show players who don't play anymore.

As for weak classes, every class has it's strengths and weaknesses. Savages can be considered pretty lower tier but they do have amazing potential. Also the Summoners and Twin Fighters don't start to be super-powerful until the Level 40-60+ area.

#3 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Fighters least played-tons of bugs but considered 1st or 2nd best class

Summoners 2nd least played- Once they stack and hit higher levels only Fighters/Invokers can effectively deal with them.

Savages,Sentinels,Overlords,destroyers,Sorcercers are all about the same population wise and balance wise

Invokers,Pallies,Ninjas are the most popular classes with the least learning curve and the most forgiving skills.

#4 MrMuffles

MrMuffles

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

How frequently do the fighter bugs occur? Why're they the least played if considered top tier? 

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

How frequently do the fighter bugs occur? Why're they the least played if considered top tier? 

The bugs are extremely random. In fact there is a supposed bug that cancels the bugs from happening randomly.

They are tricky to level up and build at first. But with weaves and 100% block rate shields, effective twin countering even while the main one's being combo'ed, some powerful combos, the 2nd-3rd highest movement speed only beaten by archers, and the lethal power of their element damage should you go that route makes them very annoying to fight with most classes. Most of the time fighting twin I need catches that ignore block rate or manage to catch one by pure luck if they have movement speed. A level 60 decently built twin could kill level 80s. And I merely pointed out some of the power of the class. Despite I never played twin past level 40 I have pvp'ed twins enough to know how annoying and god-like they could be in both 1v1 and group pvp.

As for why they aren't played often. It's the same case with summoners. If you're gonna make one, you might end up messing up horrifically if you go into that Goliath of a Skill Tree (Especially at Level 40+) and the IM costumes requiring "Dragonkin Race allowed" mean you need to find Dragonkin versions of your IM costumes. Not to mention the scarce number of Twins who are able to make you weapon and set recipes.

If you're gonna make a Twin Fighter, research the class immensely and learn what you need to build and how to gear yourself. Then learn some skills for pvp.

#6 Luckyin

Luckyin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

but I think what he is looking for is challenging and least played class

I personally think that a class that doesn't have block and have the least flexibility (not enough to adapt all kinds of situation) 

would suits his taste better, I may be wrong xD

I think Savage is challenging (more suited for PvE than PvP) but it's not the least played class since it's so beginner friendly and fun to play with~

you want to find out which class is more challenging or which one is least played?

because there is not a class that is both challenging and least played

btw Im not really into PvP so what I just said might be wrong xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users