Is there a limit to how much zeny one character can hold? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a limit to how much zeny one character can hold?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Exelar

Exelar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

I'm actually curious about this.

#2 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

#3 Exelar

Exelar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Why would they make the limit like that and not just at like 99 billion or something like that?

#4 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

To be honest, I dunno why but yeah, the zeny limit sucks

#5 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Why would they make the limit like that and not just at like 99 billion or something like that?

Maybe they never expect players to get that much? I don't understand why the zeny cap is a very specific number. The zeny cap of the new bank system in kRO is also more or less the same, but I heard they will raise the zeny cap of vending.

#6 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

It is that number because of coding in the game

#7 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

Maybe they never expect players to get that much? I don't understand why the zeny cap is a very specific number. The zeny cap of the new bank system in kRO is also more or less the same, but I heard they will raise the zeny cap of vending.

It's 2^31... Basically they need to extend the bit code? At least 2^63 already great @__@

#8 richardsiahaan

richardsiahaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1378 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

maybe Becoz on their database they using this

source http://en.wikipedia....mputer_science)

Edited by richardsiahaan, 10 August 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#9 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Most of the stuff have been based on kRo's situation. reaching zeny cap on kro is really hard since Orc Hero Card, and Maya P is commonly vended on the vendor. Meaning inflation is not as bad as iRo. So they werent expecting one to have 100b+ nor had expected to see trade thats usually over 2b. and they still not expecting it in kro. and to make change, iRo team have to send request to kRo dev team, and get the patch from them i think. So it just depends on those sorta things. 

#10 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

I've read, only a handful of ppl on kro have more than 5b. Which is not huge if only one character can hold 2.1b, so therefore its a reasonable amount.
But on iro, u have mvp cards and gods going for 10b, 20b, 30b, etc, that it really is kinda ridiculous, how bad inflation is on this server.
You can blame bots and gms all you want, but if u really wanted to go the kro route, then a social security # system should be implemented and the drop penalty should be re-introduced. That is what kro has, and that is what helps keeps its economy from over inflating.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

You can blame bots and gms all you want, but if u really wanted to go the kro route, then a social security # system should be implemented and the drop penalty should be re-introduced. That is what kro has, and that is what helps keeps its economy from over inflating.

You do realize that not everyone who plays iRO lives in the United States right? Its a game not a job application.

#12 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

You do realize that not everyone who plays iRO lives in the United States right? Its a game not a job application.

yup i understand that =)
I only brought it up because of the bot situation and the ability of gms to keep it in check, which directly influences our crazy over inflated economy compared to kro economy. Which leads to these type of zeny cap posts that come about once a month.

Since its iro, u cant really use any sort of gov't ID, and u cant use ip because of proxies and the ability to change your ip. It becomes tough to police a game 24/7 when anyone can make multiple accounts, and as often as they want, especially with the ability of multi clienting is allowed. Hence why, im annoyed by bots, by our economy, but i dont blame the gms, cuz the doable decisions they could make would not be very popular with the community, like a kro drop penalty system, or limiting or taking away multi clienting, etc.

#13 Exelar

Exelar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Cause I'm really only asking because the two MVP cards I really want for my weapon are Bahpo and Turtle Gen. and those are over the zeny cap.

Which honesty means I am only to be able to get them by a lucky chance when killing the monster...

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

yup i understand that =)
I only brought it up because of the bot situation and the ability of gms to keep it in check, which directly influences our crazy over inflated economy compared to kro economy. Which leads to these type of zeny cap posts that come about once a month.

Since its iro, u cant really use any sort of gov't ID, and u cant use ip because of proxies and the ability to change your ip. It becomes tough to police a game 24/7 when anyone can make multiple accounts, and as often as they want, especially with the ability of multi clienting is allowed. Hence why, im annoyed by bots, by our economy, but i dont blame the gms, cuz the doable decisions they could make would not be very popular with the community, like a kro drop penalty system, or limiting or taking away multi clienting, etc.

kRo does use social security number + ID pin from the govt when you register you're ingame account. + they also protect in game goods in real money currency so it is legal in korea to proceed such things like real money trade ingame(Court ruled it that in game currency had time value, and actual value thus it was validated by the judges). 

I wasn't suggesting that we should go as in kRo route, what i was actually saying is that iRo dev team have to get permission, rather new patch from kro to proceed such thing because it is somewhat changing game system. So until kRo dev team approves it, there arent really much iRo dev team can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users