4 star DNA fragment drops in cave of riddles? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4 star DNA fragment drops in cave of riddles?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Just edited my post go read it again :P - maybe the description is wrong - do you seriously think it makes sense for pets to level through DNA? lol

the question is not if sth makes sense, the qeustion is, was it planned to be ingame as it is? and cause the overview on the update says, its leveld by DNA, its ingame as planned, so no bug... jmho

#27 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

the question is not if sth makes sense, the qeustion is, was it planned to be ingame as it is? and cause the overview on the update says, its leveld by DNA, its ingame as planned, so no bug... jmho

Look what happened to Ratmaster. Was it not planned to have to fight 4 turtles at the start, and have Ratmaster wake up at 4 minutes? And what about now? Now Ratmaster wakes up at 2 minutes and turtles spawn at 0/3/5/7 minutes. Things can change. Have fun trying to get any 5 star pet to level 4. How long do you think it would take the first person to achieve this? Is it even possible within a lifetime, considering the drop rate?

#28 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

We have already asked the devs about the Kiel DNA pieces. We are still waiting on their response. 

We have also reported about the problems with COA. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

#29 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

We have already asked the devs about the Kiel DNA pieces. We are still waiting on their response. 

We have also reported about the problems with COA. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

I think its fine to keep the Kiel DNA pieces if it was intended to be that way. The tiers dont mean anything anyway - take a look at mermaids - a low level mob dropping 3 star DNA fragments. Then take a look at Leviathan - a boss dropping 4 star DNA fragments and isn't nearly as useful as the 3 star DNA mermaids.

Mermaids are almost just as useful as Kiel and they are 3 star despite being a low level mob and easier to farm as well. Please ask the devs about the pet levelling system instead - because in the current situation not even the most dedicated person would be able to get a 5 star pet to level 4 within a few years - let alone a lifetime. I think it makes a lot more sense to have them level up through pet usage (or some way of 'training' your pet) rather than the current system of getting even more DNA. It is reasonable to get DNA to unlock in the first place - but does not make sense for the actual levelling of pets past level 1.

#30 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

You mean they gonna nerf COA?

#31 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

I think its fine to keep the Kiel DNA pieces if it was intended to be that way. The tiers dont mean anything anyway - take a look at mermaids - a low level mob dropping 3 star DNA fragments. Then take a look at Leviathan - a boss dropping 4 star DNA fragments and isn't nearly as useful as the 3 star DNA mermaids.

Mermaids are almost just as useful as Kiel and they are 3 star despite being a low level mob and easier to farm as well. Please ask the devs about the pet levelling system instead - because in the current situation not even the most dedicated person would be able to get a 5 star pet to level 4 within a few years - let alone a lifetime. I think it makes a lot more sense to have them level up through pet usage (or some way of 'training' your pet) rather than the current system of getting even more DNA. It is reasonable to get DNA to unlock in the first place - but does not make sense for the actual levelling of pets past level 1.

Big LOL to this guy..  :heh:  If you spent long  hours hunting  eremes,lapparman dna and some high level dungeons like me and you find out that some players obtained DNA in its counterpart mob which has the same structure to the bosses mentioned, what will you feel? Angry right?.  If i were you, dont rely on bugs that wont do any good.

#32 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Big LOL to this guy..  :heh:  If you spent long  hours hunting  eremes,lapparman dna and some high level dungeons like me and you find out that some players obtained DNA in its counterpart mob which has the same structure to the bosses mentioned, what will you feel? Angry right?.  If i were you, dont rely on bugs that wont do any good.

Thats your loss for not finding out. Now that you know, you can still hunt those counterparts to lvl up your summon or whatever. It's like when I didnt do colo because I didnt realise it was better gear than raids - spent long hours raiding for gears, losing dice and finding out people are getting better from doing 20 min colo 3 times per day. Sure I'm a bit angry but I just accept that and move on - having farmed colo I now have 4 pieces of colo equips and 800k bp which I might save for tier 2. Do you think they will do anything about that and change it - remove/nerf colo gear? Obviously not.

And stop calling it a bug - unless you have proof that the developers have confirmed its a bug (developers - not CMs/GMs), then the possibility that it is not a bug exists. You obviously skipped my earlier post where I provided an example from another well-known game where something that should be called a 'bug' is accepted and intended by the developers themselves. Now I'm not saying that it's not a bug either - just that the possibility exists. If you're so certain its a bug then show proof please.

EDIT: Also how would you feel if you were a new player and they changed the drops - already a lot of people have these summons and if its changed now, then its further distancing new players from the old. From a business point of view - they won't lose many players if they just keep things the way they are now - but they may lose a lot of newer players who think they can never catch up. It will be an unfair advantage to everyone else if they change it now. The other solution would be to do a rollback but then people who have spent many hours farming in the last week will possibly quit if this happens. I think it should just be accepted as intended and left in the game as is.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 13 August 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#33 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

I don't get why people think it's a bug. Why should it be? This way there's a chance for everyone to get a level 4 monster without having to farm for it for months (this thing still takes HOURS and even days to get) and not have to pay yourself silly to buy it. I say leave it in, intentional or not. Kiel isn't op like some other pets. And if they remove pets from colo no one is going to care about this anymore anyways.

#34 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:54 AM

I don't get why people think it's a bug. Why should it be? This way there's a chance for everyone to get a level 4 monster without having to farm for it for months (this thing still takes HOURS and even days to get) and not have to pay yourself silly to buy it. I say leave it in, intentional or not. Kiel isn't op like some other pets. And if they remove pets from colo no one is going to care about this anymore anyways.

nobody will get a lvl 4 monster very soon, cause you cant get all the pets at the moment (which is neccessary to level up ANY pet to lvl 4)

and the missing mobs might be in aod only (i was too lazy to check them all yet), so it prolly takes months to get 100% achievement and a pet on lvl 4.

but youre right that there is not such a big gap as in other game parts, everyone can get a pet on lvl 3 at least...

Edited by rasterfahndung, 14 August 2013 - 01:54 AM.

#35 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

Ah I'm sorry I meant four star monster not level 4. Whoops. But my point still stands.

#36 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

ah ye, hehe, then its sth else but still i agree with you^^

#37 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

u can get same DNA fragment from me, my mother/brother/grandpa and if u find any of my relatives who dead 500+ years ago u can get same DNA fragment even from them

its a bug too ? XDDD

#38 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

u can get same DNA fragment from me, my mother/brother/grandpa and if u find any of my relatives who dead 500+ years ago u can get same DNA fragment even from them

its a bug too ? XDDD

probably ahahaaaaa XD

#39 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

its a bug too ? XDDD

No.. it's a dumb out of the topic comment 

#40 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

No.. it's a dumb out of the topic comment 

why all ppl on that forum soo serious ? have sense of humour, my friend

#41 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

then isn't kiel II dropping the same DNA?

Like, the story of that monster is that its a weapon that is being developed to be stronger, Kiel I is in that dungeon at mjolnir, Kiel II in the abandoned labs and Kiel III in sadarman.

All of them are "Kiel" in the end.

And I dunno you guys, but 4 hours of effort to enable it at lvl 1 is still a lot of effort, however, what's it's effect?

#42 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

-8% of Defense Rate if I remember well

#43 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

-8% of Defense Rate if I remember well

woah? flat?

#44 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

woah? flat?

Flat, I believe... I should farm him with my Rogue, actually

#45 AppSpin

AppSpin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

4 hours for level 1 is grossly underestimating how bad the drop rate can be. I'm at 12 Kiel Fragments, no G of course <3

#46 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

Yeah, I feel like if it's intended, Trauma's boss should drop MKII DNA, not MKIII.. after all, it is a memory of Kiel in Abandoned Labs.

#47 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Do we have word yet on the Kiel Mk III DNA?

#48 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Those dev's must be really, really busy. Can't even give us a yes or no about the DNA.

#49 whadafuho

whadafuho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Dude, chill.

#50 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts