So GMs are helping their buddies.. - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

So GMs are helping their buddies..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#51 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

they just deleted mine. :)

you mean the topic?

or the fragments? O:

Edited by Kalandros, 11 August 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#52 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

GM's don't have access to test servers. 

And I was not in over the weekend. 

Kimono's are 7 day costumes for those that helped us with compiling information and writing reports. Because of the help of certain people in the community, we are actually going to be expecting changes to the game from the development team. 

The kimono issue came about because there were no details about whether or not it had stats, whether there were other rewards secretly given out, or if the GM's were just playing favorites.  That's not as much of a big deal-- people can deal with costume you guys hand out to some favorites that doesn't do anything (even though it still looks bad)

Eremes is arguably the most powerful pet in the game and goes for around 5k PER FRAGMENT on the

AH. 

Even if one was told not to sell them, do you realize how someone that buys them just got unfair treatment since they wasted their time and money on something that another person got for free? And 20 of them?

Most people just want to unlock the pet, but that can take more than 4 fragments.  You essentially gave someone a completely unfair advantage and burned anyone that buys the piece legit out of their money.

I know it wasn't you behind this, but I truly believe the lack of game knowledge, no offense,  is making you handle this way too lightly.

#53 baxie

baxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Zanbee im sorry to tell you this but you are the most incompetent person to be a community manager you have no idea how this game and community thinks, what you and your gms are doing is inacceptable in on other game you will see EVER GM giving free stuff to any player of any kind you are completely breaking this game before you answer to something like this THINK is not that hard use your brain, for you this might not be a big deal but trust me its a BIG deal hopefully you will open your eyes and realize and this whole game and your job will go to hell if you continue to behave like this.

#54 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

So were these players asked in public chat? Through whispers? As somebody who leaves public chat off for good reason (it's full of trash I don't want being spammed in my chat box), I and a lot of other players never heard or knew about this "test" that needed help from players.

Simple solution to this: Be more transparent with when these things are going on. Post when these tests are going on in the fourms, and give every player a fair chance to participate rather than hand pick a select few.

As mentioned before, the biggest issue I'm seeing is a lack of communication. People would be less annoyed if they knew more about these things instead of learning about them afterwards.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 11 August 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#55 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

AND WHY THE HELL THE "TESTERS" ARE ALWAYS MEMBERS FROM ICE/EXODUS/COLLISION? HMMMMM... Please I'm willing to be a "TESTER" OH WAIT!!! I will never be right? cause I'm not cool enough?

LOLOLOLOLOL I sent thispics and many other ones to Korea HQ lets see what they think about GMs here ruinin' their game. GL guys!!!

It's not just them, check this photo out of a topic made the other day. He's the player that got banned for selling his Eremes pieces.

2ijnl9h.jpg

Full-sized Image: http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ijnl9h.jpg

#56 Pooksie

Pooksie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

So were these players asked in public chat? Through whispers? As somebody who leaves public chat off for good reason (it's full of trash I don't want being spammed in my chat box), I and a lot of other players never heard or knew about this "test" that needed help from players.

Simple solution to this: Be more transparent with when these things are going on. Post when these tests are going on in the fourms, and give every player a fair chance to participate rather than hand pick a select few.

As mentioned before, the biggest issue I'm seeing is a lack of communication. People would be less annoyed if they knew more about these things instead of learning about them afterwards.

Nobody in their right mind would've let a reward like that shared amongst only 5 people for doing **** all actually happen.

#57 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Is this the part where we all go RIP RO2? -____-

Seriously, this is disappointing to say the least.

#58 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Yeah sorry, the temp costumes are understandable but the line of actually giving players an advantage was crossed with the DNA. That's kinda messed up. 

#59 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

I never get asked to "help out." Why is it always the same few guilds "helping out"?

Ah whatever, the damage is done.

EDIT - I like the use of the word "Certain Few" from Zanbee. I wonder what qualifies as that.

Edited by Meconopsis, 11 August 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#60 L337fox

L337fox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

This was the pictures I was talking about the other day before the topic got derailed to illuminati talk. I'm happy someone reposted them. Why weren't the rest of the community given the opportunity to apply for this test, and why was the reward ridiculously good? Now the rest of the unprivileged community have to (possibly) deal with eremes pets in colo. Ridiculous. This is more game breaking than a statless kimono costume.

#61 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Back in the early 2000s I played a MMO called "The 4th Coming" - I even did GMing at one point. We did events for the players - hide and seek, item hunt, etc and rewarded appropriate items for the effort/time, or harder events where there were bigger rewards. I know how it works and all I can see here is incompetence.

You guys do not understand the game you administrate. You do not understand the community. You do not understand even how the game updates were brought into the live server in a very very wrong and STUPID order. Monster collection should've been added on early, the mechanics of it are, like the rest, unrefined and not thought through properly.

Its sad to see this situation. You had my financial support (and you probably know how big an amount it was for a single player) because I had high hopes and you guys crushed that hope by continuous display of incompetence - the wedding dress/tuxedo, the founder titles, etc

Why do you not test patches received from Korea?

Why do you screw the live server with badly programmed stuff received from Korea?

As much as I like blaming those idiots at Gravity HQ in South Corée, you guys are also just as bad for letting us have those patches as they were.

#62 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hey, take it easy guys. This thread is here for the criticism of the actions made by the GMs not to harass or bash them.

Please do not use abusive language or personally attack the GMs. Thanks, keep it civil.

#63 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

I'm very much speechless at this point...i'm off the forum for a couple of hours... and boom! something big blows up..

Can't handle this one.. *Backs away*

Edited by AmiiMii, 11 August 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#64 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

IMO Both sides committed the same mistake. 

#65 TomCrancy

TomCrancy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

I find it difficult to imagine that it would be hard to set up a test server within the office and actually test out content before it is released.

For God's sake, there are people setting up private servers with a fraction of the resources that you have.

And I have to admit, a lot of these private servers handle their business much better than Warpportal.

#66 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

For all of you who still have concerns, all the pieces will be recalled (except for one each). I was told it wasn't meant to be that many in the first place. 

If you have further questions or problems, feel free to message me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users