Camouflage - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Camouflage

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

They hit that damage while sacrificing serious defense. They have to be so incredibly squishy to get that damage, and they can't spam it either. There's something like a 3 second cooldown, and 3 seconds is plenty of time to get rammed with their squishiness if their targets live. That ranger you speak of probably also had a giant crossbow and elemental arrows.

RK's are fine also. They have high HP, high defenses, and can go DB, IB, or attack speed builds. All of which do exceptional damage with the right gears.

#27 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I've already seen a Ranger hit 100k damage without a lex...

Can we talk about Rune Knights in the PVM setting?

lol yea i see that all the time. white wing set is so stupid OP. and the whole logic of 'they sacrifice defense doesnt really work when you have other classes like mechanics that sacrifice defense AND have to stand inside a mob of monsters, yet do 1/12th the dmg. this game is simply not balanced properly and HEAVILY biased towards rangers

RKs are cool and all, but dragonbreath doesnt do enough dmg either (in comparison to high end monsters with 150k+ hp). and with all of the fire immune monsters in the game, it can be obnoxious as hell playing one. luckily they get high HP as a tradeoff though. theyre one of the only classes that are solid in all 3 catagories of pvm pvp and mvp. (inb4 someone says that theyre OP in pvm luls)

#28 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

Just find it amazing people are complaining about rangers not being strong enough......lol.

AS - uses little sp , cheap arrows, short cooldown (3seconds is very short!!), 1 shot most monsters. Doesn't really matter if you have low hp cause 3 secs later you can KO the 99% of monster.........in terms of HP........they still get 20K+ hp at lvl 150. thats still pretty good. Attack really can be the best form of defence!!

#29 Derps

Derps

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Is the discussion about camouflage gone?

or has it become another nerf ranger thread?

:p_sad:

Edited by Derps, 18 August 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#30 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

yeah, dont want another ranger topic that will end in ”rangers too powerful...no they defence...no their cheap gears...no the blablabla” just stop

#31 SkepticalPig

SkepticalPig

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Here's the problem:

I am sure I am not the only one who has experienced this as well. I use camo and it works. I am also in low TI with level 5 camo and when I use teddy bears dont detect me or see me. Later on, they do detect me.

Its probably bugged.

#32 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Did you use a fly wing while camouflaged?

#33 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Really this topic has been brought up too many times already. Mechanics actually have really good dps and out damage genetics in terms of aoe. And they just need STR for it whereas genetics need INT as well. There are no defense sacrifices either as you can wear a shield with pile bunker and also have a slotted garment with raydric or deviling. Rangers can't use shields or garment reductions and also don't have energy coat like mages.

Mechanics also have one of the highest hp pools in the game:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Max_HP (updated with post balance hp values)

Edited by kasshin, 18 August 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#34 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

Really this topic has been brought up too many times already. Mechanics actually have really good dps and out damage genetics in terms of aoe. And they just need STR for it whereas genetics need INT as well. There are no defense sacrifices either as you can wear a shield with pile bunker and also have a slotted garment with raydric or deviling. Rangers can't use shields or garment reductions and also don't have energy coat like mages.

Mechanics also have one of the highest hp pools in the game:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Max_HP (updated with post balance hp values)

madomechs are a dif subject. axe mech is a completely broken abandoned by gravity classbuild which is insane considering how broken the mado mech suits are. basically as a whole mechanics are just broken all around

as for mado mechs:

pile bunker is the hardest weapon in the game to get, only second to the bio4 make it yourself monster drops. that -_- is absolutely STUPID to make/get. they need to implement either a better system for getting Brocca's, or come out with a set for mechanics to use that works as well as pile bunker. 

that said, arm cannon is a cool spell despite its longer than cart cannon cast time but the SP cost is absolute insanity considering the SP pool that mechanics get, and often results in a tremendous waste of SP items to be able to level/play at a reasonable pace or long long long periods of sitting waiting for SP to regenerate and if you run out of SP midfight, youre left completely crippled. this is a huge problem for the class.

the mado suit is -_- as a whole. requiring players to carry gas AND cannonballs for every attack you do is stupid and a waste of weight capacity. and have you ever tried using arm cannon without a pile bunker? it does mediocre as hell dmg. the majority of players wont be able to get a pile bunker due to its rarity and price, so that leaves people with using genetic weapons to attack with which dont scale well at all. and finally theres the fact that you lose your suit on death and have to go back to prontera to rent a new one. what the hell kind of bs system is that. a genetic or ranger dies on an ET run they just get ressed and keep fighting. a mechanic dies on ET run and he has to go back to pront to get a new suit. completely not fair.

/rant

#35 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

What the?! This topic has gone from camouflage debate -> ranger's OPness -> nerf ranger stuffs -> rants on other unrelated classes.
The off-topic-ness is strong with this thread.

/thread

#36 SkepticalPig

SkepticalPig

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

Snitchers are always the ones to direct the threads off topic I see.

#37 SkepticalPig

SkepticalPig

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

Did you use a fly wing while camouflaged?

Yes, I used a wing while I was in camo.

#38 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

Is that when the teddy bears are detecting you?

#39 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Killedbytofu please know when to stop talking about off topic stuffs. OP or some ppl just wanna solve their camo problem

-no one here gives a -_- about mado

Edited by kingjoe547, 19 August 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#40 SkepticalPig

SkepticalPig

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

Is that when the teddy bears are detecting you?

sometimes they don't at the beginning when i log in and play. Then after awhile they seem to detect me.

#41 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

sometimes they don't at the beginning when i log in and play. Then after awhile they seem to detect me.

I think she's trying to ask if the teddy bears detect you after you use a wing or some special situation

#42 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

I'm wondering if the teddy bears are only detecting you immediately after you wing, because when you do so you appear to be camouflaged, but in reality you're not.

#43 SkepticalPig

SkepticalPig

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

It's weird, I use camo and I roam around the entire map and nothing detects me. Once i wing while camo; sometimes they dont detect me and sometimes they do! and everytime they detect me i re-use camo skill again and it doesnt work, they still detect me no matter what. I have to re-log for it to work again.

#44 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's weird, I use camo and I roam around the entire map and nothing detects me. Once i wing while camo; sometimes they dont detect me and sometimes they do! and everytime they detect me i re-use camo skill again and it doesnt work, they still detect me no matter what. I have to re-log for it to work again.

Hey, I have experienced it before. After you wing, it seems like you are still in camo state (being semi transparent), but actually you're not. Casting camo again seems does not work and monsters detect you right away. Instead of re-logging, I cast camo again and then use any other skill afterwards (e.g improve concentration, falcon eyes) to get back to normal state. Well, it works for me, so maybe it might work for you too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users