41 replies to this topic

#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

We are restructuring the way that we deliver our patches due to a request from the developers. In the current system, we are having a maintenance and patch each week. This has caused the developers to rush to put out patches with bug fixes, extra balancing, as well as the planned content. We have decided to run less frequent maintenances (every two weeks) in order to have more substantial patches that bring in bug fixes and can be thoroughly tested ahead of time to avoid any new bugs that may show up. This week there will be a small maintenance to fix a few issues, but the patch on 8/21 will bring the substantial bug fixes as well as new events. There WILL be a patch on 8/28 to bring in Abaddon of Despair, War of Emperium, and other big, new events and updates to the game. However, the plan from now on is to have biweekly patches to make sure content is delivered successfully and without any hiccups.

There will be a small patch this week to fix some of the issues with the new guild capes that were passed out. Maintenance will still be held every week.

Feel free to ask us any questions regarding the new patch system here.

The guild capes handed out recently had a small bug in them, that is being addressed.  Other than that nothing has been brought up as being fixed this week.

#2 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Will there be a list of what's to be addressed in our mini patch?

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm down with that. But I know for sure there will be people whining about updates being biweekly despite how much more beneficial it'll be for both us and the developers.

#4 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

They need to take their time, indeed. I rather they make one big patch that works fairly well than a bunch of small patches that can leave a big nasty taste on my mouth.

#5 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

So will this mean I can finally view my emperium cape while wearing my Beach Memory? Awesome! And good idea to spread out the patches, hopefully this means they'll have more time to look for and correct bugs :)

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Is there any change planned (or suggestion sent to korea) for the pet system? Specifically:

- Changes in the duration of pets

- The option to have the pet outside just for display permanently

- The way that pets level, so it is possible to level pets without having to complete every single pet? (at least the weaker ones like porings and such)

#7 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

There won't be anything in patch notes this week, except to fix the guild capes that were given out for the WoE events. These capes didn't allow for other costumes that were worn to be shown, so that will be fixed tomorrow.

#8 ootoro

ootoro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Is there any change planned (or suggestion sent to korea) for the pet system? Specifically:

- The way that pets level, so it is possible to level pets without having to complete every single pet? (at least the weaker ones like porings and such)

I second all this suggestions :p_love: .

#9 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Having the pets as cosmetics is impossible under the current system. 

Changes in the duration of pets (or anything value based) may be possible, but must have a really good reason for the change. 

Any other Monster Collection requests, would take long-term development.

#10 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

A lot of people are used to expect new contents/updates on every Wednesday.  

To prevent people from whining, I guess it would be a good idea to create some events with rewards to spice things up a bit in between.

#11 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

This doesnt fix anything it just gives the developers more time in between patches. It could be 2 weeks between maintenances or a full month it wont matter if you are still getting content  last minute and applying it to the server patch day, correct? What you need to do is get patches in early and test them yourself at least a full week before turning the content loose on official servers. Pretty much your goal should be the illusion of fresh patches but its really not.

#12 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

I can't really call a temp summon (which barely lasts for some seconds) a "pet". The term summon is much more accurate.

But yes, I second those suggestions. I mean, it's one of the things I loved in RO1! Having a cute pet derping around in and out of battle. Not to mention the current requirements for maxing out just one summon are... quite impossible or at least not humanly possible. On top of that, some drop-rates of DNAs are waaaaay too awful and only seem to promote the appearance of more bots, and lots of people perma-camping spawn spots where other players have to do quests. Aren't these good enough reasons?

Edit: more on topic, having biweekly maints is a good thing, as it gives WP staff (I hope) more than enough testing time to make sure there's no game-breaking bugs. Even so, community should keep in mind there's always the chance they might miss a few minor bugs and then it falls into player's responsability to immediately report this. Testing a game, patch after patch, is NOT so easy as a lot of people here seem to think. Seriously. GMs don't know half of what you all know about the game, so there's many chances they might miss something that you know it's not working right or stopped to do so. This happens in basically all MMOs. Heck, there's bugs that for whatever reason, might not show up in their test server but it does in live one. I've seen it happen.

Edited by TifaValentine, 13 August 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#13 AppSpin

AppSpin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Well, this made me giggle(in a deep, manly way) a bit since it came literally 15 minutes after I posted a request for the same thing, glad to actually feel on the same wavelength in decisions though. I'd highly suggest think tanking solutions as much as you can between the frontline staff and developers meeting wise. In terms of your local teams on the NA side of things, you need a little more creative control in how to price and update everything. Truthfully, you can pull out of the bad rut that things have been in yourselves with a little planning, including the way events are introduced regularly. No offense to our CMs, but GM ran events are always terrible and unbalanced chicken races, I've never been part of a game where they've been introduced and people actually had that much fun with them; as much as you're trying with what you're given there is a way better method of handling implementations of these kinds of things.

#14 matthewcupu

matthewcupu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

AOD comes out soon.. :p_omg:

#15 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

AOD comes out soon.. :p_omg:

When many people still haven't touched CoA xD

#16 Verus

Verus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

What's the point of bringing out AoD when CoA H is still near-impossible for many people to finish?

#17 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Do something about COA Hard RM to lower damage or give the hp buff so many people can finish the quest for AOD access. Otherwise, only few people will be able to run AOD and some will lose hope and quit. . .

#18 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Noel came with AoD ?

What's the point of bringing out AoD when CoA H is still near-impossible for many people to finish?

90% its much more then many XD

Edited by 8729130607033955267, 13 August 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#19 KedahMai

KedahMai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

COA H RM still hard to defeated.. 

#20 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Having the pets as cosmetics is impossible under the current system. 

Changes in the duration of pets (or anything value based) may be possible, but must have a really good reason for the change. 

Any other Monster Collection requests, would take long-term development.

Wait wait, impossible?

Everything is possible within a reality, Zanbee. :3

Pet-Item-Summons may work better since buffs are currently possible with scrolls. I'm sure there's a possibility inbetween this.

which will basically leave the monster summon alone, but rather "bestow" a permanent pet skill icon on the user until un-summoned by scroll. :P

Pet cosmetics with a following system, permanent skill loop icon on the top right next to the minimap. there is technically a possibility there, which may be able to keep the "Monster" pet out long enough.

Edited by AmiiMii, 13 August 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

Wait wait, impossible?

Everything is possible within a reality, Zanbee. :3

Pet-Item-Summons may work better since buffs are currently possible with scrolls. I'm sure there's a possibility inbetween this.

which will basically leave the monster summon alone, but rather "bestow" a permanent pet skill icon on the user until un-summoned by scroll. :P

Pet cosmetics with a following system, permanent skill loop icon on the top right next to the minimap. there is technically a possibility there, which may be able to keep the "Monster" pet out long enough.

I think what Zanbee is saying is that having cosmetic pets in the Monster Summoning system is impossible. However, a completely separate Cute Pet system is more feasible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Zanbee.

#22 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

I think what Zanbee is saying is that having cosmetic pets in the Monster Summoning system is impossible. However, a completely separate Cute Pet system is more feasible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Zanbee.

Anythings possible C:

#23 bertcute

bertcute

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

We are restructuring the way that we deliver our patches due to a request from the developers. In the current system, we are having a maintenance and patch each week. This has caused the developers to rush to put out patches with bug fixes, extra balancing, as well as the planned content. We have decided to run less frequent maintenances (every two weeks) in order to have more substantial patches that bring in bug fixes and can be thoroughly tested ahead of time to avoid any new bugs that may show up. This week there will be a small maintenance to fix a few issues, but the patch on 8/21 will bring the substantial bug fixes as well as new events. There WILL be a patch on 8/28 to bring in Abaddon of Despair, War of Emperium, and other big, new events and updates to the game. However, the plan from now on is to have biweekly patches to make sure content is delivered successfully and without any hiccups.

There will be a small patch this week to fix some of the issues with the new guild capes that were passed out. Maintenance will still be held every week.

Feel free to ask us any questions regarding the new patch system here.

Any news about tier 2? requirements and stuff?

#24 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

Any news about tier 2? requirements and stuff?

http://forums.warppo...ents/?p=1475756

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

Anythings possible C:

I'd personally rather have a completely different Cute Pet system that'll give me a permanent vanity pet with the help of a taming item over a 30-second summon that requires buttloads of fragments.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users