Regarding 8/14 Maintenance/Patch - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding 8/14 Maintenance/Patch

41 replies to this topic

#26 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'd personally rather have a completely different Cute Pet system that'll give me a permanent vanity pet with the help of a taming item over a 30-second summon that requires buttloads of fragments.

I do like the idea of being able to summon something useful to help in fight though. The summon system shouldnt be taken away, but a different pet system for a permanent vanity pet could be implemented as a separate feature.

#27 o0NICO0o

o0NICO0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

We are restructuring the way that we deliver our patches due to a request from the developers. In the current system, we are having a maintenance and patch each week. This has caused the developers to rush to put out patches with bug fixes, extra balancing, as well as the planned content. We have decided to run less frequent maintenances (every two weeks) in order to have more substantial patches that bring in bug fixes and can be thoroughly tested ahead of time to avoid any new bugs that may show up. This week there will be a small maintenance to fix a few issues, but the patch on 8/21 will bring the substantial bug fixes as well as new events. There WILL be a patch on 8/28 to bring in Abaddon of Despair, War of Emperium, and other big, new events and updates to the game. However, the plan from now on is to have biweekly patches to make sure content is delivered successfully and without any hiccups.

There will be a small patch this week to fix some of the issues with the new guild capes that were passed out. Maintenance will still be held every week.

Feel free to ask us any questions regarding the new patch system here.

The guild capes handed out recently had a small bug in them, that is being addressed.  Other than that nothing has been brought up as being fixed this week.

So . how long will this maintenance be? if its just a small update/fix? still 5hours?

#28 6704130603102231377

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

I have two questions:

1. is it true that the Golden Robberbug DNA comes out of the Red Robberbug?

2. if 1. question is true, will that be fixed (removed) or is it wanted that this happens?

#29 vKinja

vKinja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

Server's up. Would it be possible to know what has changed?

#30 zJuliusx

zJuliusx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationFlorida!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

I have two questions:

2. if 1. question is true, will that be fixed (removed) or is it wanted that this happens?

1 is true .

#31 VFrost

VFrost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

I'd personally rather have a completely different Cute Pet system that'll give me a permanent vanity pet with the help of a taming item over a 30-second summon that requires buttloads of fragments.

Just bring back the Rice Cake from RO1 and I'll be a happy Sin with a blob running around behind me :no1: 
Even if its in the monster system, I want my Blobby! :chomok03: 

#32 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

There won't be anything in patch notes this week, except to fix the guild capes that were given out for the WoE events. These capes didn't allow for other costumes that were worn to be shown, so that will be fixed tomorrow.

I was using my cape in my eremes costume(union) b4 the maintenance but i couldnt use it on any other costume.
Now...I can use it with any other costume but not with my eremes one. 
Same for all other union costumes. 
This makes me sad, bcoz i really loved how i look with my eremes and my cape, any answer gms?! :/

#33 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

I have two questions:

1.true

2. for what ? + if that was removed what to do with all pets and DNA ?

p.s.MK-III also droped from 1st dung (horrible memories)

#34 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think what Zanbee is saying is that having cosmetic pets in the Monster Summoning system is impossible. However, a completely separate Cute Pet system is more feasible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Zanbee.

Ah, yes, the key words- "Under the current system". A separate cosmetic pet system seems like something that would require a fairly long time to develop. 

#35 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

what's the point of AoD when only maybe 2-3 guilds cleared RM hard?

#36 Avonlea

Avonlea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg/Tampa Bay
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin, Channel 15, RO2

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm for the biweekly maintenance for awhile, especially if it gets the bugs fixed right the first time.

By the way, do you still need people to bug all those quests with texts missing? (Heck if it would help you, I could write up some filler dialog, something more than a summary for some of those quests..)

Edited by Avonlea, 14 August 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

I do like the idea of being able to summon something useful to help in fight though. The summon system shouldnt be taken away, but a different pet system for a permanent vanity pet could be implemented as a separate feature.

Of course, the Monster Summoning system is still useful. No reason for that to be taken away. But I would like a completely separate Cute Pet system for those of us who just want a monster companion that talks to us.

#38 missdeona

missdeona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationYou think I'm really going to tell you?

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm all for it.  It's extremely sensible.

Before anyone does anything stupid like call me a brown-noser, I used to be the equivalent to a GM, but it was for a MUD, so I have a good understanding of how rough it is for the devs and for the MMO GMs alike.

#39 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Pretty sure the implementation of the Pet Summon system has made CoA H a bit more manageable now, but most are going to be waiting on the Noel update before truly tacking the dungeon and AoD itself. Noels bring about a lot of new options for dungeons/raids. Some of the buffs on Soulmaker and the numerous DoTs from Crescentia are indispensable for providing a huge boost to the main DPS classes and damage for tackling that troublesome enrage timer in the upcoming bosses.

Until then, I'm waiting patiently for a working patch for Noels to be implemented before I give those two dungeons a try.

Edited by GuardianTK, 14 August 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#40 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Ah, yes, the key words- "Under the current system". A separate cosmetic pet system seems like something that would require a fairly long time to develop. 

Actually, if what I've read is true, a lot of the RO1 mechanics were translated to RO2, originally, and were scrapped one-by-one, or changed in some way. I believe this also included the Pet System. Developers typically hold on to some form of copy of different steps of these types of changes (meaning possibly file backups from as far back as RO2: GOTW development), so that if they lose data, or want to revert to a previous version, they can easily do so.

It might be worth it to ask if it's possible to do something that allows any pet you have currently captured to be summoned without attacking, just being there for looks, basically as a pointless pet, purely for the looks and cuteness, which is what many people enjoyed in RO1. Of course, you'd have to feed it occasionally to keep it active, as in it would go inactive without feeding it, say, every hour, and wouldn't come out again for an hour (wouldn't want them running away like in RO1). Something like this should be possible, at least in theory, and if that theory is correct, it could be linked to the current summon system.

People wanted the pets more over the summons. The summon system just feels forced, like the developers are once again trying to make RO2 similar to some other MMO out there.

While on some servers, pets did attack when loyal, many people just preferred the cosmetic part of it. Those people are people who enjoyed Digimon and Pokemon games, or Giga Pets and things like that. They just enjoyed the idea of having a pet monster.

Would it really hurt to ask the Devs if it's possible?

Also, at the mention of Noels; can we please get a confirmation on the September release date? Or has that been changed? It's actually been a while since I've seen any info on it, so forgive me. :p_swt:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 14 August 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#41 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

Actually, if what I've read is true, a lot of the RO1 mechanics were translated to RO2, originally, and were scrapped one-by-one, or changed in some way. I believe this also included the Pet System. Developers typically hold on to some form of copy of different steps of these types of changes (meaning possibly file backups from as far back as RO2: GOTW development), so that if they lose data, or want to revert to a previous version, they can easily do so.

It might be worth it to ask if it's possible to do something that allows any pet you have currently captured to be summoned without attacking, just being there for looks, basically as a pointless pet, purely for the looks and cuteness, which is what many people enjoyed in RO1. Of course, you'd have to feed it occasionally to keep it active, as in it would go inactive without feeding it, say, every hour, and wouldn't come out again for an hour (wouldn't want them running away like in RO1). Something like this should be possible, at least in theory, and if that theory is correct, it could be linked to the current summon system.

People wanted the pets more over the summons. The summon system just feels forced, like the developers are once again trying to make RO2 similar to some other MMO out there.

While on some servers, pets did attack when loyal, many people just preferred the cosmetic part of it. Those people are people who enjoyed Digimon and Pokemon games, or Giga Pets and things like that. They just enjoyed the idea of having a pet monster.

Would it really hurt to ask the Devs if it's possible?

Also, at the mention of Noels; can we please get a confirmation on the September release date? Or has that been changed? It's actually been a while since I've seen any info on it, so forgive me. :p_swt:

I don't know if there was a pet system in GotW but even if there was it probably wouldn't be useful to use backuped files because GotW was completely different from LotS. In LotS there never was a real Pet System. The first thing that was released was the Monster Summoning System. I think the easiest and fastest way to implement a Pet System would be to change the current system from monster vanishes after x seconds to monster stays but all abilities will be disabled and it just follows you after x seconds. Like this people could use them as a pet and it's faster to develop than a completly different pet system (and will cause less confusion). But I guess the kRO dev team will develop a buggy new system nobody really likes as they always do :D

#42 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

I don't know if there was a pet system in GotW but even if there was it probably wouldn't be useful to use backuped files because GotW was completely different from LotS. In LotS there never was a real Pet System. The first thing that was released was the Monster Summoning System. I think the easiest and fastest way to implement a Pet System would be to change the current system from monster vanishes after x seconds to monster stays but all abilities will be disabled and it just follows you after x seconds. Like this people could use them as a pet and it's faster to develop than a completly different pet system (and will cause less confusion). But I guess the kRO dev team will develop a buggy new system nobody really likes as they always do :D

The point is developers of games often back up files. I know GOTW was different (in character design, gameplay, and even graphics engine, among general mechanics, and a few other things), but the fact is, there is the possibility of such files existing, even if they weren't implemented. Whether or not a plan is scrapped,, they do tend to keep the backup files. Reason being is to revert the changes, such as if the new changes happen to cause a massive bug, for instance, or if players dislike the new change over the old implementation. Some files never even get implemented, but are saved, so there is really no way of knowing if such a system is easily possible without just asking the Devs.

Yeah, a new system is likely to take more time, and bring more bugs. I still think that having two options for each monster you capture would be fine (and probably the easiest way to implement it, since it should only involve changing several strings of coding on how the monsters currently function). They could be summoned without any abilities, and not be able to attack, but would just be there for looks. You'd have to feed them every hour, though, which could bring profit, as they could sell the foods in the Kafra shop, 10 for 100 Kafra Cash, while making a quest to make two at a time for everyone who doesn't wanna pay (as long as the quest isn't too long). The monsters could "hide" for an hour and you'd be able to not summon them for an hour if you didn't feed them every hour. It would be an interesting system, in my opinion.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users