Regarding the current Monter Invasion - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding the current Monter Invasion

5 replies to this topic

#1 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Monsters on one channel rather being spread out across channels to reduce lag and disconnects

Monsters have Hard Mode battle patterns and deal hard mode damage (Baphomet flame spitted me for 25k)

Loot only goes to the first person that hits the mob rather than the roll being generated for each person on their first hit

Despite being told monsters would spawn "everywhere" they only spawned in the same few locations.

I'm sure there will be more. Just a heads up on why people will be upset.

#2 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

I expected something like this was going to happen. That's why I didn't participate

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

It would have been fine if they were "event" monsters, but it's obvious this didn't work out with normal protocol bosses/monsters. What was already pointed out is that the monsters were only giving drops to the "first hit" players/parties. That's a major problem.

It was nice to see the huge variety of summoned monsters though. That's what I call a real monster invasion. Just gotta adjust how they reward players for participating in this event.

I've also pointed it out in the other Monster Invasion events, but these have to be spread out into different channels. It cannot be in that one channel. Even if you try to disperse the channel population into different parts of the map, it doesn't mean you'll reduce lag. Channel and map server lag varies depending on the amount of stress (Number of players present and the calculations being done on them...) on a channel. Basically, having everyone on a single channel means you're going to lag that channel for the duration of the event. This is why Channel 1 has complaints about lag fairly often outside of events. Normally the majority of the population cuddles up onto that channel. The "almost full" channel capacity is what causes the lag you see every day on that channel.

Edited by GuardianTK, 15 August 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#4 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

We split the channels to three in the end. More people showed up than expected. 

The ones at the beginning were just regular monsters. We tend to save the event monsters for the very end :).

#5 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

I thought the "Player Distance" feature didn't affect monsters, but I couldn't see a single monster during the event until after they died. There wasn't any reason to stick around when participation was impossible. :p_swt:

#6 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

We split the channels to three in the end. More people showed up than expected. 

The ones at the beginning were just regular monsters. We tend to save the event monsters for the very end :).

Yeah I participated up until 3 minutes before colo.

My luck regarding the Invasion events has not changed but it was a little disappointing since I got killed many times, disconnected more times, and of course didn't get anything to show for it.

Oh well, it was cool seeing a new GM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users