How To: Get past setup screen and play! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How To: Get past setup screen and play!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Raveren

Raveren

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location'Murica
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hello, I noticed a lot of people are having issues with the setup screen, where it will continue to persist and refuse to save and let you play the game. Well, look no further, your fix is here!

First, a few notes on what is causing the problem:

1) Essentially why the setup window will not go away is because your computer is not allowing the setup screen to save the changes to the necessary file.

2) Even IF you are on the Administrator profile, the computer is by default, set to ask you if you would like a program to administer changes to the computer, and you must authorize it every time, otherwise the program will do nothing.

3) For whatever reason, your computer does not recognize the Ragnarok setup screen as a legitimate program, so it never asks if you want to allow it to make changes.

Now, on to the fix (It's really easy):

1) Step1.png

2) step2.jpg

3) step3.jpg

There, that's all there is to it. Hope to see more of you on!

#2 Searizeel

Searizeel

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

qaza.jpg

Nope, it doesn't work. This thing has been happening since my previous update

4 months back. I was bothered by this issue last year as well.

I don't understand why must every update be such a pain to go through.

When it happened again 4 months back, I just gave up. Why should I continue

playing a game that seamlessly adds more problems to my life without fail?

Now, I feel rather nostalgic, and I just wanna revisit my characters. Is such

a basic right taken away from me too?

Please, if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear it out.

#3 Humosquitterfly

Humosquitterfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

omg, yes, I get that too. The stupid setup screen never goes away. I literally have to

terminate the process with Task Manager everytime it pops up. It's so annoying!

Ah.. I miss my Guillotine Cross. T^T Any solutions??

#4 Humosquitterfly

Humosquitterfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Ah, I found the solution. Run as Admin -_-

Thanks to this guy's thread.

http://forums.warppo...w-endless-loop/

#5 Raveren

Raveren

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Like I noted in the original post, you MUST be logged into a profile that allows you to make changes to your computer, meaning you MUST be on an administrator profile.

#6 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Disabling UAC is unwise because it causes every application you run to be automatically granted administrative privileges (unless you're using a user account with standard privileges). If you disable UAC, then any malware you inadvertently run will have full access to your computer and anything connected to it. Using the "run as administrator" contextual menu item is a much safer alternative.

#7 Raveren

Raveren

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Disabling UAC is unwise because it causes every application you run to be automatically granted administrative privileges (unless you're using a user account with standard privileges). If you disable UAC, then any malware you inadvertently run will have full access to your computer and anything connected to it. Using the "run as administrator" contextual menu item is a much safer alternative.

As I have already stated, this is for people who are already running Ragnarok on an Administrator profile. However, I forgot to mention that after the settings file saves, you should not need to open up the settings for Ragnarok again. That being said, you should then switch your Program notifications back to normal, since you no longer need to modify the settings anymore.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

As I have already stated, this is for people who are already running Ragnarok on an Administrator profile. However, I forgot to mention that after the settings file saves, you should not need to open up the settings for Ragnarok again. That being said, you should then switch your Program notifications back to normal, since you no longer need to modify the settings anymore.

Nope, because RO needs to run as admin when patching too. Usually RO will patch successfully without running as admin, but when it tries to update the client executable (every few months), it will give "failed to write file" if not running as admin. 

A better solution is to rightclick the ragnarok shortcut, go into properties -> compatibility, and check the box to always run as admin. 

Then you don't have to change any system-wide settings, and it's a permanent fix. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users