Question about WOE Guilds - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about WOE Guilds

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ton2

Ton2

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hello,

I am a recently returning player to ro, have been playing it since maybe 4-5 years ago when valkyrie first started. 

My question here is about WOE guilds. I have been thinking about joining one with my Shadow Chaser recently, he is 150/48 and already PvP/Woe built. I just would like to know, what is the overall point of joining a WOE guild? From what I have seen, a WOE guild is basically just showing up once a week to play WOE. You get supplies for it, but once you finish the job that's about it. If you aren't leader, you get no rewards for completion of WOE. So what sets a WOE guild apart from a non-WOE ET guild? Whats the difference between them and what makes a WOE guild great? What are the real benefits of joining a WOE guild?

These are questions I would like answered, so I went to the forums.

Reply with any answers or suggestions you have for me, I just need a good idea of what a good WOE guild is like.

Thanks.

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

You get to participate in WoE and have fun. Not sure why people expect to receive part of guild treasure for woeing. They are receiving woe supplies in order to woe. Leaders use what little they get from guild treasure to pay part of the supply cost for the guild's next woe. Some larger guilds possess god items which some members may get to borrow.

To sum it up: Joining a WoE guild is more-so for the experience. It can be fun. And it can also build up some team-work.

Suggestions: I would suggest to just try out woe for a bit. If you don't enjoy it or don't think it's worth your time then you can just go back to non-woe.

#3 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, its for the large scale, organized pvp. A lot of people play the game solely for WoE.

Many non-WoE guilds also do things like ET and stuff during non WoE hours, but non WoE ET guilds won't do WoE (if they did, they wouldn't be non WoE).

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Mainly because, in the opinions of many people (certainly most people who come to WoE), WoE is the most fun part of the game.

That's about ALL I do in RO now, actually. That, make potions, and vend potions.

#5 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Just like any other kind of guild, you can socialize and such too. Some members might be busy and just come for WoE, but I like to chill with who is on too (ti on alts, quests, goofing off in vent).

Doing WoE and lots of pvp/gvg training sessions helps me to learn more tricks of my class, but the thrill of the fight seems enough reward. :p_laugh:

#6 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

The benefit from joining WoE guild especially a strong Guild is you can learn something that are very useful, because most people who play WoE is experienced player. Also you get free Supplies, no ? thats means free zeny for you.  And personally i find doing WoE is very fun.  But yeah i must admit, some people only appear on the day of WoE XD.

#7 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

One day, you'll realize that WoE is the only fun thing left in this game. If there were no WoE, there would probably be no RO. But the WoE scene has been on a downward spiral, but that's a separate topic.

Like everyone above has said, WoE is fun. Of course it's more fun when you're 150, have pro equips, and have experience with WoE, so this encourages people to play more and play harder.

Being able to WoE, not to mention being given supplies to WoE, is a privilege that people really need to appreciate, because the treasures often do not cover the costs of WoE. WoE is fun, but at the same time it's also a competition, so bragging rights are also at stake.

I speak as an ex-guild leader that managed most of the supplies as well.

tldr: WoE is the only fun thing left in this game for a lot of people.

#8 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

We love you huad for taking the time to manage our supplies lol

And yes woe is no of the few fun things left in game it is definitely a fun time to fight so many dif people at once and it's fun when you can fight at your best with full buffs food and what not and when you kill so many no other feeling

#9 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

We love you huad for taking the time to manage our supplies lol

And yes woe is no of the few fun things left in game it is definitely a fun time to fight so many dif people at once and it's fun when you can fight at your best with full buffs food and what not and when you kill so many no other feeling

it's better than crack

#10 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

One day, you'll realize that WoE is the only fun thing left in this game. If there were no WoE, there would probably be no RO. But the WoE scene has been on a downward spiral, but that's a separate topic.

Like everyone above has said, WoE is fun. Of course it's more fun when you're 150, have pro equips, and have experience with WoE, so this encourages people to play more and play harder.

this ^ , the only point you need to take note. Best of luck in WOE. :no1:

#11 Thomas

Thomas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

it's better than crack

lol

this reminds me I need to hop on and woe with you guys again

It truly is really fun though if you have never woed before I recommend it. You can make good friends and just have lots of fun pwning people in woe castles. 

Edited by Thomas, 18 August 2013 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users