First off, hello everyone~!
So, I started playing in this server just some weeks ago, and I decided to go for Knight (I used to main a priest on the SEA server for a while). I got used to priests from back in the good ol' RO1, but I'm still inexperienced when it comes to other classes.
I'm still quite new to many aspects of the game, so excuse my ignorance/mistakes in many matters. I've done some research in some stuff, and try to pay attention or ask stuff in public chat when I can, but there's still so much to learn!
Basically, what I want is a decent build for a Knight who will be mainly tanking but would still like to do decent damage (I don't really expect be in par with a dedicated DPS class..), I'm often in party with a wizard of my lvl, and my guild is all friends of mine, so we generally team up for dungeons or anything we may need help for. Lacking one, I took the role of the tank of the group, and that's what I aim to be, but I'd like to deal a good amount of damage as well.
I checked several guides, but there's so many and some contradict others; it only served to confuse me more!
So far, I'm lvl39 with the following skillpoints distribution:
- Battle Tactics was something I considered when I started playing and researching for build ideas, but then I stumbled across several guides that labeled it as "not worth it" and others suggested getting it only at higher lvls. What do you guys suggest?
- At first I was going to put more into Headcrush until I realized the DoT and dmg wasn't so significant as I thought it'd be. Went for Bash instead.
- Magnum Break was quite of help to me before I could get Grand Cross, and still does some little help at times. I decided to max GC later on.
- Shield Bash, is it any worth putting even one point in this? Or should I not learn it at all?
My stat distribution is this (so far):
- I was considering putting more on Vit, until someone recommended me to drop it and go for agi since vit won't make too much difference on my hp number, and that agi would be more useful. I might consider getting a stats reset later if needed.
As for gear... so far is nothing impressive. Almost full set of Pandora accessories (missing the necklace, I have the green one), few blues (Hodremlin's Sword, Dim Dimensional Breastplate, and Plated Boots of the Vile Spirit), and rest is green from drops (the ones I got so far for my level). The wizard I mentioned before is a blacksmith and is more than willing to craft me gear as I need (including rarer recipes later on, providing we can help to get whats needed). So yeah.. nothing wow atm, but I hope to get better stuff soon as I can.
I should add that I haven't done anything like Colo, Raids, or other endgame stuff yet (either because of lvl restrictions or for not feeling ready for it yet). I plan to, but I'd prefer to be more well prepared when the moment comes. I do not plan on being extremely focused on pvp aspects though.
So.. that's it. I'd love any advice, suggestions, corrections, and if possible, "why" you suggest x thing. Thank you!