• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 sashi90

sashi90

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

i like to have parties on dungeons/raids but most of the time i solo when questing and farming

so any suggestions with this build?

http://www.ro2skills...eBdDrbrBeA1bbqA

how bout this?

http://www.ro2skills...BdDhoooeBdBkbqA

actually i'm planning maxing heal but my friend told me that heal is not that really effective..so i leveled HH to 4 and left heal in level 2

does it makes any difference? get AA to 3 or 0?

thank you for your quick replies :D

#2 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Either tree is fine but you better take down Credo because you won't rely on it. Sure it has more damage per second but end game +300 damage is not noticable. Lv 1 all DoT is already enough for you solo-ing or farming normal monsters. You can max all your heals by this way... If you don't like to pump more heals, If you're going to Colosseum you can also add more holy light/divina..

Edited by Exvee, 18 August 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#3 sashi90

sashi90

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

ok thanks for your quick reply :D

btw i already learned credo 5/5

here is my current build i'm lvl31

http://www.ro2skills...10dBeBdDhooodn5

any suggestions for an adjust of skill building?

#4 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

ok thanks for your quick reply :D

btw i already learned credo 5/5

here is my current build i'm lvl31

http://www.ro2skills...10dBeBdDhooodn5

any suggestions for an adjust of skill building?

Ray Genesis first then sanctuary. If you plan doing normal dungeons, Assumptio next. Rest just leftover depend on your need (healing or Arch Angel up to you). Well during my Priest trip I only use Assumptio on Ghost Ship and Scoler/Merem (field bosses on Divide plains)

#5 sashi90

sashi90

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ray Genesis first then sanctuary. If you plan doing normal dungeons, Assumptio next. Rest just leftover depend on your need (healing or Arch Angel up to you). Well during my Priest trip I only use Assumptio on Ghost Ship and Scoler/Merem (field bosses on Divide plains)

well i guess.. i'll use the first link... since i got lvl2 heal and 4 on HH

and don't learn AA

but one question...can i do colo with that build?

thanks againd for your quick replies :D

i really appreciate it :D

#6 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

well i guess.. i'll use the first link... since i got lvl2 heal and 4 on HH

and don't learn AA

but one question...can i do colo with that build?

thanks againd for your quick replies :D

i really appreciate it :D

Of course you can, because you got ray genesis that the core of killing in Colo. However, I can't tell how well you gonna performing since you lack AA and Holy light/Divina which helps you for better killing when RoG is on delay. Colo oriented build is more DPS skills than Heal, you still getting those heals but low level (HH lv 1, Heal lv 3). Sure you can do Colo, but if you want become champion you will need many extra effort for that (mainly cash -___-)

You can even enter Colo ever since Acolyte, not for winning but for getting early points so once you become lv 50 300k point is already good for a purple equipment. I just wish GM give more info for tier 2 so we can plan ahead...

Edited by Exvee, 18 August 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#7 sashi90

sashi90

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Of course you can, because you got ray genesis that the core of killing in Colo. However, I can't tell how well you gonna performing since you lack AA and Holy light/Divina which helps you for better killing when RoG is on delay. Colo oriented build is more DPS skills than Heal, you still getting those heals but low level (HH lv 1, Heal lv 3). Sure you can do Colo, but if you want become champion you will need many extra effort for that (mainly cash -___-)

You can even enter Colo ever since Acolyte, not for winning but for getting early points so once you become lv 50 300k point is already good for a purple equipment. I just wish GM give more info for tier 2 so we can plan ahead...

i like colo but my point on adding some heals will be on raid...so i can sustained well

and i'm not a casher...

btw... so you can't be a champion without spending cash eh? T_T

#8 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

i like colo but my point on adding some heals will be on raid...so i can sustained well

and i'm not a casher...

btw... so you can't be a champion without spending cash eh? T_T

There is nothing wrong if you more heal oriented or DPS oriented. Each just has own pro and cons. But for raid, you surely need more heals. I've become Colo champ around 8-10 times and not spending cash either. Priest actually can be a winner in colo and easier than any melee class, but the odds just being bigger when you have those cash heal and buffs. The problem is just more cash players popped in compared to those who not. I ended many times can't kill ranked players because they use their 300 KP. If you colo just for fun, go for it...

#9 sashi90

sashi90

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

There is nothing wrong if you more heal oriented or DPS oriented. Each just has own pro and cons. But for raid, you surely need more heals. I've become Colo champ around 8-10 times and not spending cash either. Priest actually can be a winner in colo and easier than any melee class, but the odds just being bigger when you have those cash heal and buffs. The problem is just more cash players popped in compared to those who not. I ended many times can't kill ranked players because they use their 300 KP. If you colo just for fun, go for it...

i see... i will be the heal oriented...xD

i'll max heal and HH and level 0 4 aa...guess that would do..

about the stats.. is 41 int  31 agi 24 vit good?

or just do 36 36 25?

#10 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

The first build looks better to me, because personally I think that Archangel should be at least lvl 4., it's just pointless otherwise. You're wasting so many skillpoints to get Archangel, and then leave it al lvl 3? Makes no sense! :) Also, if you want to kick asses in Colosseum, you may consider maxing Holy Light instead of Credo. I feel that Holy Light will be more useful in PVP (But Credo is a nice DOT too).

#11 sashi90

sashi90

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

The first build looks better to me, because personally I think that Archangel should be at least lvl 4., it's just pointless otherwise. You're wasting so many skillpoints to get Archangel, and then leave it al lvl 3? Makes no sense! :) Also, if you want to kick asses in Colosseum, you may consider maxing Holy Light instead of Credo. I feel that Holy Light will be more useful in PVP (But Credo is a nice DOT too).

but i already maxed credo...i guess i'll choose the 1st build.. and rushing max assumptio before heal

thanks for your advice anyway :D

btw about recovery..should i get it to lvl 1? and leave sacramenti to level 2?

or just leave gloria and recovery to level 0 and make sacramenti to level 4?

#12 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

i see... i will be the heal oriented...xD

i'll max heal and HH and level 0 4 aa...guess that would do..

about the stats.. is 41 int  31 agi 24 vit good?

or just do 36 36 25?

stat doesn't matter much except vit. As long combination of vit-int-agi

but i already maxed credo...i guess i'll choose the 1st build.. and rushing max assumptio before heal

thanks for your advice anyway :D

btw about recovery..should i get it to lvl 1? and leave sacramenti to level 2?

or just leave gloria and recovery to level 0 and make sacramenti to level 4?

Recovery almost never used, unless you pick AA leave it 0. Gloria is nice addition but in same position as sacrament (as leftover skills). Btw lv 3 AA still not bad actually (at least the guides say so)...

#13 sashi90

sashi90

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

stat doesn't matter much except vit. As long combination of vit-int-agi

Recovery almost never used, unless you pick AA leave it 0. Gloria is nice addition but in same position as sacrament (as leftover skills). Btw lv 3 AA still not bad actually (at least the guides say so)...

i see..so i'll use 41 31 24

and for the skills leftovers to sacrament

thanks for your replies anyway :D

#14 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

but i already maxed credo..

It's okay, Credo is a nice DOT.

#15 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

It seems like the community is very split on hybrid priest builds, I've seen about more than 20 different builds from 20 different priests i've spoken to... some say max the dot, some say leave the dot, some say max HL, some say leave HL, some say max colo heal and forego heal, some say leave colo heal and max heal, some say get archangel on 5, some say get it on 3, some say leave it completely.

I am sooooooooooooo confused as to what to do about a Hybrid Priest. @______________@ 

#16 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

- oops double post -

Edited by 7473130511053806230, 21 August 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#17 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

It's all a matter of your play-stile and preference. Basically, there are 2 main approaches to Hybrid Priests: support-oriented and slightly more DPS-oriented.

In my own build I skipped all DPS-skilles and maxed only Ray of Genesis, because my main focus is healing skills. Obviously I was unwilling to cut any points from Heal/Highness Heal etc. But IF I wanted to be a Colosseum superstar, then, yeah I'd probably put points in dots, HL, Archangel, maybe even Lex Divina.

#18 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

A Hybrid as a noun means to combine two different elements together, as an adjective it means a character composed of mixed parts. Therefore there should be no confusion about what skills to be taking to be a hybrid priest, your playstyle will differ from a different person. I for one took Magnus to max lvl 3, everyone on this acolyte board says it is completely useless, and you know what? I kill my mobs and people in Colusseum and Raid just as well as any other FS or Hybrid or DPS battle priest, why? because its my playstyle, nobody is here to say what is right and what is wrong, all that people are saying is good and whats not are just their own opinions, therefore if you like to leave skills at different levels because it suits to the purposes of how you want to play your priest, so be it, it is your playstyle and nobody elses.

On a sidenote, Atweig does present very good ideas which I admire greatly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users