I was thinking..... booking.. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I was thinking..... booking..

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

Ok so...  about a week ago I notice that the booking was catering pretty poorly according to many people that are playing renewal. I came up with something but I dunno if it would help encourage booking for a bit. I was wondering if there would be a way that the GM can fix it so that way it caters to the people that are looking for weekly parties/events. I'm hoping that the booking system would prove useful in this way and probably be able to connect more with players that are looking to join a party. I dunno if it would be a hassle to write this into the system I thought it might be suggestive. 

Any thoughts on booking to make it more useful? I just wanted to throw this out if anybody else is concerned about it.

Please no flame posts or off topic comments. Thanks :3

#2 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

IMO the Booking and Auction Systems are 100% USELESS.

Almost nobody uses those crap.

#3 bryanctan

bryanctan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of the Awesome Ones
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

the booking system is NOT useless. everyone want to play with friends, and that's what the booking system is for. but everytime I look for a party with the booking system there aren't any parties. It's sad, but I hope something can be done so it can be easier to find parties.

#4 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

@ strafe:

You can't really say that booking system is completely useless.. its just that some people don't tend to respond or there's not enough persons that understand the concept of the booking system. I think this needs to be addressed. Even f this is left in the dark how would new players and continuing players understand the concept. Some of the returning players never seen the concept. You have to think... some of these former newcomers haven't seen the interface since the classic style of play and that was pre-renewal. Its been probably 3 years since pre-ren (this is my guess).

Now about auction system. Auction system could have preformed better. As far as I seen when pront used to have the auction system. Barely anyone went because they would be advertising in the forums or by chat. now.. since Eden is the place to meet people and another place that people mass handle selling goods as far as card trades and stuff. I would just propose that they make that room that they had for temp mail recall center the place to hold stores and maybe auction their high tier cards. I've notice a lot of high tier MVP and gear sales... I do believe they can do something better so its not completely cluttered in one room. Its hard enough to move from the entrance just to the dining hall. 

I guess its time that some people do address these things and voice opinions sometimes people wait for results. Other people voice things to make them happen.  :p_sleep:

#5 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

To update certain things, its always good to look at some of the other game's system, and adapt. instead of making it only accessible by /recruit, they could have made an npc in front of some of the famous grinding spot(example: Scaraba Dungeon) or Turn In map so that people can access to booking system more easily. I've seen many people who doesn't even know there is booking system exist. 

#6 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I used to use the booking system back when party-grinding at Nogg was actually really popular, but it seems now that unless people can (at max) duo it they don't care. I don't really ever see any large parties going on unless it's on turn in maps.

Edited by Alaska, 20 August 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

^ Or 2x/3x Experience events. Both Pre-Renewal and Renewal do not make it attractive to have large parties when you're Exp Sharing to level. Even worse in Renewal, monster experience doesn't scale well the higher level you encounter them on. You go from 2k+ monsters at Lv100 and then you only see Bio3 monsters giving 10k+(?) experience each kill at level 150. The challenge goes up a ton, but you're not going to be rewarded at all unless you're actually playing one of those classes that can solo well.

They tried to make partying a little more attractive in Renewal by changing the experience share bonuses based on how many party members there are. In the end, it's theoretically decent to have a 12 person party running around on a map (Each soloing and not working together in a clump...) killing monsters spread out on a map. A great example where this works perfectly is Scaraba 2 for 12 person parties during 2x/3x experience events. Even then you'd still make more experience soloing that map than being in a party of 12 with that share bonus split between all those people.

In the end, unless you can effectively solo a map...don't expect to level quickly or be able to find a party easily. That's assuming you don't want to rely on Gramps Turn Ins. Screw the Booking System anyways. Some classes just aren't wanted, unless someone's being charitable. *Cough* Wanderer *Cough*

#8 AngeIic

AngeIic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

Booking / Auctions could be completely removed and I doubt anybody would complain about a thing.

90% of people I know have never even taken a look at either of them. They aren't properly updated with new maps, and the whole system is clumsy to begin with, not to mention the game pretty much never says a thing about it.. as well as large party's outside of TI being undesirable and not sought after anymore due to crap exp rates

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

The booking system's GUI is pretty obtuse due to it really looking folr parties backwards and its also really ugly due to the english characters not fitting.

Edited by Jaye, 20 August 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#10 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

The auction house isn't even worth mentioning, it was pretty much dead on arrival.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

The auction house isn't even worth mentioning, it was pretty much dead on arrival.

The AH wouldn't be so bad if the fee wasn't ridiculous and you could access it from any town like you do with the Eden area.

#12 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

At this point the AH would be pointless and broken even if the fee was removed or reduced. It uses the mail system to receive payments or purchases.

#13 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well Iw ould predict that AH would be similar to the one like RO 2 but the difference would be that it wouldn't cost you anything if you were VIP. I have to be fair here and say that would charge posting if you are non-vip. merely 10-20 z at least wouldn't be that much.

@ Tigress: Yeah I agree with that. I kinda was thinking towards where the place can be accessable from every town. That way an assortment of ppl  can do it from any town it would make more sense that way. Knowing that Eden is cluttered enough it would make more decent space to roam around the bottom level.

@ Alaska, Toxin: The only way that it would be helped or mentioned is to have mail system back up.. fact that we don't have mail system anymore  is okay I think they would have to find a way to script it so its just made for AH. I could be wrong but it just might work.  :p_sleep:

#14 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

heh the NPCs to enter the Auction House no longer exist on iRO. Probably were removed with the mail system I guess. Surprised they realized that AH existed at all

Edited by Toxn, 20 August 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#15 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Of all the things they've taken away on RO, I miss the mail system the most. Removing it made things so much more inconvenient.

#16 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

I agree, the mail system is probably the single most useful tool they added. Too bad we can't have nice things because they get abused. 

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

I agree, the mail system is probably the single most useful tool they added. Too bad we can't have nice things because they get badly programmed.

Fixed that for ya.

#18 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

the mail system was -_-. only being able to send 1 item at a time was so tedious for sending yourself mass stuff. it was also buggy as hell

the auction house runs on the mail system so when they killed mail they killed any hopes of us ever having a functioning auction house. the sad part is, pretty much every mmorpg in existence has an auction house, which puts this game at the bottom of the barrel. i seriously dont know how this game has gotten by this long with such half assed coding and poor management

as for the booking system, its great in theory, except the interface is complete -_-. and does it even work at all? it doesnt seem to do anything even if you manage to get past the screwed up interface. people are always complaining about TI and saying that we should all go out and party to level, yet fail to address that there is no way to go out and party unless youre fortunate enough to be in a highly active guild with people of the same level that want to go out and grind. not all of us have 900 friends to play with. TI was a genius idea to support a half dead community and broken partying system. the only possible way that they could ever do away with the TI system at this point would be to 

1)increase overall exp permanantly for monsters over level 100 cuz lets face it, high end monsters in the 130+ range give HORRIBLE exp

2)rebalance all of the classes so that rangers arnt the only class that can level at a decent pace against high lvl mobs 

3)put in new leveling areas for 125+ that everyone can level in. its pretty slim the higher you get as far as options for leveling go. like why arnt there any all undead/demon areas for 130+ ? it would be nice to be able to actually level at a reasonable pace on an genetic/mechanic with the holy cannonballs or solo level an AB when noone is online for TI or partying

4)add lots more quests for 100+

5)drastically increase incentives for party play. i mean seriously, im seeing videos of people duo'ing bio 4 now. theres something completely wrong with that picture imo. theyve overpowered a small handfull of classes and made so many others obsolete that nobody wants to or needs to party anymore with anything more then a good priest or a tank

theres a reason this game drastically slows down in players after lvl 100 (way less players playing 100-149 characters). its because there are no longer any quests to do worth exp, its because gear costs too much and making money is WAY too hard for new players, its because there are fewer options for leveling areas, and its because the game isnt really setup for community play anymore. there isnt even a general chatroom for people to talk in, or at least map chat for talking on the map youre currently on. most games have this feature so that players can make friends, find parties, find guilds, or just shoot the -_- to make the time go by easier while grinding. players get bored. new players get annoyed. i swear after like midnight, its almost impossible to get a mid or high ti party going most of the time. this game needs a drastic overhaul if it wants to keep new players playing, and not just relying on the same declining handful of 8+ year old vets to keep buying kp items 

Edited by killedbytofu, 20 August 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#19 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Of all the things they've taken away on RO, I miss the mail system the most. Removing it made things so much more inconvenient.

Agreed, I also don't even understand the reason behind it.

#20 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Agreed, I also don't even understand the reason behind it.

they swear that hackers were duping items by spamming the mail system with packets as they sent items through. it was basically because their security is such complete crap, that any 15 year old with a copy paste script can break into the games server, and instead of just fixing the coding, they decide to remove the system completely. i cant imagine that the japanese and korean servers just took this without voicing major rage. and if they did just take it lying down, then they are idiots and failing to prove that their countries have the superior intellects 

honestly, every mmo has a mail system now, even the really low budget ones like tibia, which is basically an 8bit basement rpg coded by some cracked out germans. of course they also have innovative stuff in their game like housing rental and outfit changes as well lol (not saying its a good game though). gravity just doesnt have their -_- together. they probably fired or lost all of their developers and just have 1 guy messing around designing stuff for this game. instead of spending some money to hire new developers and improve the game to boost sales, they just make more failing games that receive no updates or support. that would be like a pc game being released and never releasing patches to fix problems, but instead just making a whole new game

#21 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

The last time people use booking system is when they implement special grampa's TI map.  Sadly after that, people not using that feature anymore, because searchin party is easy, just put your "NP>" chat room on  special TI map.  About auction system, it is 99% useless i think XD.

#22 Eklavya

Eklavya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

Party booking would have been used if it wasn't so complex to use.

Honestly, I dont really see why party booking is needed at all. Most MMORPG dont have it. They simply use features like World Chat or Map chat. Which, honestly, is very efficient at finding party. People rarely abuse it (Thanks to filters and anti-spam algorithms). You can also turn off these chats whenever you wish to, so it wont fill up your chat box.

Another thing that can be done is making a party booking as easy as creating a public chatroom (for people looking to get recruited). For Recruiters, they can just mention map and starting level range and this should be again broadcasted in a special tab or something to the whole server.

Last option is creating a 3rd party website (like ragial.com) that can handle recruit and looking for group posts. Similiar to what GW2 has. Honestly, using this site works wonderfully. I always managed to find party in more or less 5-10 minute for that particular game.

If anyone wants, I can PM them the link to the site I am talking about, just to see how it functions

Edited by Eklavya, 21 August 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#23 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

Verilly!

As for booking - I don't know friend... I don't see how that's needed since players generally mass outside areas requiring a party (Staging Areas).

A few staging areas;

1) South Prontera Field.

2) Directly when entering Grampa Turn In Maps.

3) Joining an active Guild (or even making one yourself).

This is basically how people are doing it since the booking system is unreliable.

#24 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

On that note, From the Q&A they said they're finding(and fighting) a way to bringing it back.

Edited by CharAznable, 21 August 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#25 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

I honestly fail to see how the party booking system is too confusing for people. But I guess a lot of things in RO are too confusing for children :v

Edited by Toxn, 21 August 2013 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users