I don't always post about RO on facebook... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

I don't always post about RO on facebook...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

but when I do, this happens.

kzu.png0

So, we're going to have a new player on Classic and I'm going to be interested in seeing and hearing the pitfalls of the game directly from him! He has never touched RO before in his life.

#2 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Given how negative the classic community is and how /sarcasm on newbie friendly /sarcasm off I'll give him a week at max.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

I really hope not, but we'll see what happens.

If more people were more positive that wouldn't be an issue =(

that said, starting through Valhalla isn't exactly a fair test is it!

Edited by Xellie, 20 August 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#4 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Welcome to the Darkside... !!

#5 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'm not entirely sure what we're looking at (since I'm not Facebook saavy). Maybe you can point me in the right direction! :)

EDIT: Oops, never mind - I can see you're speaking to someone about Ragnarok (Classic). I don't play on Classic - but good for you XD

I wish Classic and Renewal were on the same server so we could meet everyone! I like people.

Welcome to the Darkside... !!

^This however made me laugh since it seems to be the theme of the day... I had a couple of Sith Lords in one of my threads earlier today.

Was meant to be positive and optimistic but I guess it was taken the wrong way. In it, I even make a mention of the "Whinier Side Of The Force".

http://forums.warppo...mplaint-thread/

Is everyone re-watching Star Wars or something?

Observation : Remember how Anakin Skywalker was emo before joining the darkside? Perhaps peeople are just having a hard time with Life similarly to Anakin.

Edited by Alicia, 20 August 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

Haha well my point was maybe more people should do it instead of bitching constantly about nobody playing / making snide comments to drive people away.

#7 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Sometimes you underestimate 'one player' who might end up recruiting 10 more people he or she knows into the game, and then it multiplies. oxo;

#8 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

ceebs

enjoy classic

#9 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

lol i brought some new people to this game awhile ago. most of them quit after 3 days and it wasnt because of the graphics. one of them almost made it a full month before quitting and that was only because he REALLY wanted to see what the third classes were like because they sounded cool. their biggest complaints were:

-boring. no story lines to follow. 

-more than half of their spells are worthless and wondering why they even exist on the spell tree

-no possible way to make money. why dont the quests in eden reward money? why are there no zeny rewards for anything?

-noone will let me in their party (trying to play blacksmith and assassin)

-its almost impossible to make any friends because theres never anyone on the leveling maps and the friends i do make never log on/why doesnt the friend system add their account?

-grinding is boring as hell. why isnt there at least a chatroom for each map so i have people to talk to while im grinding? why arnt there any quests (besides eden ones)?

#10 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

Recommended playtime at least 16 hours a day, 32 hours a day on weekends.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sad but true :heh:

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

optimism.jpg

Negative-Nanny.jpg

#12 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Haha I'm Optimistic and it certainly feels like that Boat often LOL.

I guess the good thing is that I'm on a boat <-- Optimistic

#13 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

LOL good one Alicia! Love that reference. xD

#14 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Due to some reports, I have cleaned up the negativity in the topic. Please be respectful and remember we're trying to get players to play the game, not leave it. We enjoy your opinions, but this isn't the thread for all those negative ones :)

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

You should address the problems that made people quit instead of trying to hoodwink new people and pretend optimistically the problems will be solved by population. I mean, it originally had population, right?

Once you address the problems, the population will follow.

Edited by Jaye, 21 August 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#16 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

no fun allowed.

#17 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

You should address the problems that made people quit instead of trying to hoodwink new people and pretend optimistically the problems will be solved by population. I mean, it originally had population, right?

Once you address the problems, the population will follow.

lol soon as i saw the red text i knew my posts would be deleted

honestly, its not on us the community to make people want to play, it should be on gravity and warp portal to make this game more attractive. how can they not expect us to be angry, annoyed, or talking crap about a game they show little interest in putting effort into (especially after dumping money into our accounts like so many of us do)?

if i saw a decent amount of effort on their part to make this a better game, then i wouldnt be saying anything. But the fact that entire classes remain fully out of commission/unfunctional, that there is a severe lack of content for anything post renewal, a good portion of game mechanics/items/spells were never adjusted for renewal game play (such as homunculus and taekwon quests), and that the same bugs that have been plagueing the game since forever are still around are just testimant to what little is being done. 

oh and ive tried to bring new people here and said nothing but good things when i did it, but eventually they all say the same things and quit. pretty much complaining about all of the broken stuff in the game (that the mod felt needed to be deleted lol)

Edited by killedbytofu, 21 August 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#18 Guest_VolunteerMod12_*

Guest_VolunteerMod12_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

Just because you don't see what goes on behind the scenes doesn't mean it's not happening. To quote 'God' from Futurama, "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." 

More to the point, it's obvious that the increasing amounts of negativity on the forums are having an effect on certain people, so perhaps instead of adding fuel to the fire it would be wiser to just back off and let it go. Everyone is free to say what they feel, but when you begin bashing the game that others work very hard on your words are subject to the utmost scrutiny by those you've offended. 

Moderators make decisions for the good of the community as a whole, whether you choose to see it that way or not. You don't have to agree with them but you should at least try to respect them.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

I made this topic because I wanted to show that a little positivity from the playerbase can actually have an effect. If everyone got 1 friend to play... you know?

#20 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

I made this topic because I wanted to show that a little positivity from the playerbase can actually have an effect. If everyone got 1 friend to play... you know?

oh and ive tried to bring new people here and said nothing but good things when i did it, but eventually they all say the same things and quit. pretty much complaining about all of the broken stuff in the game (that the mod felt needed to be deleted lol)

let say something nice all the times people. we might get a new player.

#21 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

Classic would have 100 players then!! But seriously if I didn't play this game and looked on here I wouldn't bother starting all I see on forums is complaints and most of them by people who have "quit"

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

Exactly a.a

#23 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

Just because you don't see what goes on behind the scenes doesn't mean it's not happening. To quote 'God' from Futurama, "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." 

More to the point, it's obvious that the increasing amounts of negativity on the forums are having an effect on certain people, so perhaps instead of adding fuel to the fire it would be wiser to just back off and let it go. Everyone is free to say what they feel, but when you begin bashing the game that others work very hard on your words are subject to the utmost scrutiny by those you've offended. 

Moderators make decisions for the good of the community as a whole, whether you choose to see it that way or not. You don't have to agree with them but you should at least try to respect them.

you do realize that the "increasing amount of negativity on the forums" does have it's reasons, yes? while it isn't a 100% reliable source, the general mood on the forums reflects the general user satisfaction with your service. not with the game, do not mistake one thing for another. people love the game. they complain about people in charge not handling it properly. the game itself is alright.

telling us we're free to express our opinion but in the same sentence telling us it can't be negative is hypocrisy. you, only having an ear for positive feedback is a good example of what's wrong with "the game".

i'd give your post a "minus", but you guys also robbed us of our ability to express our unhappiness this way. so feel mentally minus'd once.

Edited by Agahim, 22 August 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#24 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

telling us we're free to express our opinion but in the same sentence telling us it can't be negative is hypocrisy. you, only having an ear for positive feedback is a good example of what's wrong with "the game".

i'd give your post a "minus", but you guys also robbed us of our ability to express our unhappiness this way. so feel mentally minus'd once.

"You're entitled to your own opinions...just not -_-ty ones" is how I read it :heh:

Aaaaanywaysss, how's the person's experience going?

What job did he/she pick?

Has he/she noticed anything out of the ordinary yet?

#25 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Oda just hosted a live talk Q and A the other day, They are trying to reach out to the community as best they could. They have addressed a lot of issues people raised and trying to improve things as well. You are not robbed of your freedom to express your unhappiness, you just didn't need to attack another player over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users