Patch Notes 8/21

70 replies to this topic

#26 o0NICO0o

o0NICO0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

when will this maintenance finish? how many minutes? hours?

#27 7620130606142503117

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

cant enter game :(

#28 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

cant enter game :(

Maintenance is taking place atm sir.

#29 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

Few people can enter AoD once its released, will they do something about this?

I'm hoping something can be done about this too, defeating RM once in either N or H proves a big challenge at the moment. 11 RM H kills? There's likely only 10 or so guilds who will even be allowed to enter AoD with those requirements.

#30 PoweredByRice

PoweredByRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:North American

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

I'm hoping something can be done about this too, defeating RM once in either N or H proves a big challenge at the moment. 11 RM H kills? There's likely only 10 or so guilds who will even be allowed to enter AoD with those requirements.

Worst case scenario is doing it 11 times. But realistically you'll only be killing him around 5-6 times because for the quest itself isn't to kill ratmaster 11 times but it's actually to get 11 unsealed weapons. When you turn in the quest you get a sealed weapon and by right clicking the item it turns into a unsealed weapon, however the unsealed weapon can vary between 1 - 3 when opening it meaning that you can technically be done with Ratmaster quest to go into AoD by only killing him 4 times. In the end it's all RNG =p. Try looking through our ratmaster video kills or Hyvent's for help if you need help on doing it.

#31 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

Worst case scenario is doing it 11 times. But realistically you'll only be killing him around 5-6 times because for the quest itself isn't to kill ratmaster 11 times but it's actually to get 11 unsealed weapons. When you turn in the quest you get a sealed weapon and by right clicking the item it turns into a unsealed weapon, however the unsealed weapon can vary between 1 - 3 when opening it meaning that you can technically be done with Ratmaster quest to go into AoD by only killing him 4 times. In the end it's all RNG =p. Try looking through our ratmaster video kills or Hyvent's for help if you need help on doing it.

Sadly I don't have a guild nor know which ones to join, etc. I have full colloseum gear but joining any pug CoA never goes well, Band and Robberbug are simple, Aromine is alright if people know how to do her, everyone skips mongi (why?) and I've never been able to get RM down. Since AoD hard gear is going to actually be the best in the game I think I really need to join a guild so I can play with an organised team and say I've beaten RM finally.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 21 August 2013 - 02:47 AM.

#32 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

http://forums.warppo...-by-step-howto/

^ Courtesy of HyVent for taking the time to pick out the details and make a post about it.

Also, any voice communication program helps A LOT. Typing is very risky considering the amount of damage Ratmaster can dish out.

Edited by KuroHono, 21 August 2013 - 02:47 AM.

#33 PoweredByRice

PoweredByRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:North American

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

Sadly I don't have a guild nor know which ones to join, etc. I have full colloseum gear but joining any pug CoA never goes well, Band and Robberbug are simple, Aromine is alright if people know how to do her, everyone skips mongi (why?) and I've never been able to get RM down. Since AoD hard gear is going to actually be the best in the game I think I really need to join a guild so I can play with an organised team and say I've beaten RM finally.

I feel that the Ratmaster Normal fight is severely overtuned, and needs to get a bit nerfed. Even though my guild has killed Ratmaster on both normal and hard multiple times we've noticed that the normal mode was pretty hard as well.

Ratmaster Hard is a pretty healing intensive and DPS heavy requirement fight, It's no surprise that most guilds / Pugs can't do it. It's one of those fights where if you mess up on healing rotation cooldowns like deluge or sanctuary or if you guys get hit by too many avoidable aoes then you will die. Ratmaster Hard is a very unforgiving fight and requires good execution from the whole raid especially when he has 4 stacks of the power core attack buff. In the end, keep practicing and try to find a stable active guild willing to keep attempting ratmaster hard, don't give up and keep at it and eventually you'll kill him, I wish you the best.

#34 Shentu

Shentu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:Odin / Guild: Collision

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

*Please note that there will be a major bug fix update included in next week's patch.

hope it will include tier2 colo

-_- tier 2 colo the pvp system here is broken. Colo Gear is the best gear in this game and thats sooo fail. Srsly most people dont even have t1 Colo full. I HOPE the Equip form Abadndon of Despair is better then this -_-ing Colo -_-. Why should people go raid hardmodes with friends ??? OH WAIT Colo Gear is Much better we have nothing to do in this game all day just go Colo and you get Uber Equip.

Really??? Thats So Sad on this Game

#35 Sadee

Sadee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

....OH WAIT Colo Gear is Much better we have nothing to do in this game all day just go Colo and you get Uber Equip.

haha, ditto. But here we are, still playing and waiting.

#36 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

-_- tier 2 colo the pvp system here is broken. Colo Gear is the best gear in this game and thats sooo fail. Srsly most people dont even have t1 Colo full. I HOPE the Equip form Abadndon of Despair is better then this -_-ing Colo -_-. Why should people go raid hardmodes with friends ??? OH WAIT Colo Gear is Much better we have nothing to do in this game all day just go Colo and you get Uber Equip.

AoD H gear will be better than T2 colo for sure.

T2 colo (look for the second listings of the items): http://roguard.net/e...me&item_search=

AoD H: http://roguard.net/e...me&item_search=

AoD set also has a set bonus.

#37 Shentu

Shentu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:Odin / Guild: Collision

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

AoD H gear will be better than T2 colo for sure.

T2 colo (look for the second listings of the items): http://roguard.net/e...me&item_search=

AoD H: http://roguard.net/e...me&item_search=

AoD set also has a set bonus.

Ty sir for That Thumbs up.

Looks like the Game is going up then. Because i have nothing to do the whole day.

BTW Why is the Mainteance taking so long youre just changing little things. People want too play

Edited by 6122130709022822863, 21 August 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#38 FarenHigh

FarenHigh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

For once that a boss actually needs organization and skills. Maybe the requierement is meant in order to avoid poeple who are not experienced enough to enter in. And if one is unable to do CoA there's not reason he would be able to the AoD since it is harder. This makes sense, right? As PVE is harder than Bapho and CoA harder than PVE. I'm thanktful that those new raids are not only about equipments but also about skill. As I'm looking to the video, I don't see any super human thought, they're organized, skilled and geared enough. 

Poeple are used to raid easly thanks to bugs so now that something has to be done properly, they can't because they were too used to bug the bosses without understanding the mechanics and the preparation that must be done before starting a raid. Too many times, I meet players in Bapho H who don't even know what the adds do even with 6.5k+ hp. It's kinda lame since those players will clearly enter in CoA. Yesterday, I joined a raid group that aimed to kill Rat Master well... they didn't even know what Rat Master do and wanted to start it like a stupid normal dungeon boss. Obviously, it failed. I see so many poeple coming in CoA without spinels or proper buffs. I don't think I wanna see them in AoD. 

So for god sakes, stop asking this to be "fixed". The only fixation that could be done are to stop being able to bug them all. However, I personnaly think that the last boss of PVE hard is not doable legit unless having extremly good gears which are not supposed to be gotten by those who would actually need to do this raid. As a matter of fact, I don't find any video showing this round being done legit. 

#39 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yay for Karnium!

but it can't be traded?!

damn! that means that if I get it from a pandora box I can't give it to another character?!

#40 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

It was explained last week that this patch would not have much to it. Someone quoted it above. Abaddon of Despair is coming.

Actually, if you read Zanbee's post, you'll see that this week (the 21st) was supposed to be a big bugfix week, followed by a separate large update the following week (the 28th).

I love it when their own staff team doesn't know what's going on. Kudos, Gravity, to another failed release. Here's to Ragnarok Online III: We'll Get it Right This Time, WGRTT

pgzURbJ.jpg

Edited by Fold, 21 August 2013 - 04:51 AM.

#41 baxie

baxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

lolll fold you are very mean

#42 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

lolll fold you are very mean

I'm not being mean.. I'm just being sincere. They promised us something big and instead threw more gambling cash cows in our face. This isn't how you treat your community when a bigger game is on the horizon.

#43 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

I'm not being mean.. I'm just being sincere. They promised us something big and instead threw more gambling cash cows in our face. This isn't how you treat your community when a bigger game is on the horizon.

I can't do much, but agree... I like the items being added to KP, but we were promised bugfixes... since "These patch notes are subject to change" I hope they throw in last minute bugfixes.

Edited by Audn, 21 August 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#44 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

THe server is already up. I can't say much for bug fixes since the game doesn't have enough traffic for proper testing.

#45 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

THe server is already up. I can't say much for bug fixes since the game doesn't have enough traffic for proper testing.

And what exactly do you mean by proper testing? Having thousands of players online ASAP, playing everything thorough so any new/unfixed bugs surface? I don't quite get if that's the idea..

Edited by Audn, 21 August 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#46 DemonEdge

DemonEdge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

This is used in the refinement process. You can use it to refine your equipment from -1 to +3. This means that there is a possibility for your item to degrade by 1 points, but there is no chance of the item breaking. 

You may need to confirm on the "no chance on item breaking" part. I tried using it, the status is set as unproctected

#47 DemonEdge

DemonEdge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

This is used in the refinement process. You can use it to refine your equipment from -1 to +3. This means that there is a possibility for your item to degrade by 1 points, but there is no chance of the item breaking. 

You may need to confirm on the "no chance on item breaking" part. I tried using it, the status is set as unproctected

#48 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

#49 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

And what exactly do you mean by proper testing? Having thousands of players online ASAP, playing everything thorough so any new/unfixed bugs surface? I don't quite get if that's the idea..

Depends on what you're looking for. Combat bugs, lag, warping enemies and skill queue tested on a server with minimal stress won't mean anything if you normally play during a high traffic time.

Unfortunately I've seen the same bugs and issues present when the server is populated, a little while ago when it was empty. Don't expect anything extra added to the complete patch notes.

Edited by DatMONKey, 21 August 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#50 LOLOXORZ

LOLOXORZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

It was explained last week that this patch would not have much to it. Someone quoted it above. Abaddon of Despair is coming.

LOL? The quote'd post from Zanbee says "substantial bug fixes" on THIS patch... I see none. And Why rushing AoD when most of us can barely do 2 or 3 bosses on CoA H? :(

Like someone said, AoD will only be available for the same old 2 OP guilds :(

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users