Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

But wait, there's more! It has a card slot!? Well, I honestly wasn't expecting a card slot. So, today's performer topic: what would you fill the two card slots with?

Off limits for suggestion: phen.

I went through the whole existing/current card list and the only thing that looks remotely useful is yoyo card.

Anything upcoming that looks good?

Edited by Jaye, 22 August 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#2 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Ya the +25 matk accessory card, coming in Scaraba update

Or +20 matk I forgot which

#3 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Bloody Butterfly! HA! I went there.

#4 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

KBC?  :hmm:

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ya the +25 matk accessory card, coming in Scaraba update

Or +20 matk I forgot which

That sounds like a good choice for metallic sound!

#6 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

sound amplifier? where can i get it!?

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

sound amplifier? where can i get it!?

Creamy fear in the Prontera Guild Dungeon (A.K.A. Valkyrie Realms)

#8 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

How rare is it actually? card drop rate? I was thinking of smokie card... KBC seems like a waste considering how class limited it is.

#9 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

But wait, there's more! It has a card slot!? Well, I honestly wasn't expecting a card slot. So, today's performer topic: what would you fill the two card slots with?

Off limits for suggestion: phen.

I went through the whole existing/current card list and the only thing that looks remotely useful is yoyo card.

Anything upcoming that looks good?

I'm pretty sure i mentioned it being sloted, if not, Surprise for you. I think Phen Card is definitely a good card to put. But, I myself often reflect builds to future patches, such as GH instance boots. That boots will give 0.5 sec fixed casting reduce, which means its possible for Wanderers, and Maestro to instant cast SR. So i'd get something that helps with p-dodge. 

To help you understand more about this GH boots thing, i will write down it's option for you.

Boots of Time Traveler: Dex

Type: Boots

Def: 25

Weight: 60

Slot: 1

Req level: 99

Description: +100 MHP, +10 MSP, +3 dex per 3 refinement level. When you have base dex of 120, reduce 0.5 sec of fixed casting, and increase 5% Ranged Attack. 

Edited by CharAznable, 22 August 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#10 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Two card slots?  :p_love: I can't wait to play with this thing.

I was actually thinking of saving up and shelling out for an Osiris card, but I'm not sure if I'd equip it on this since I will probably switch it between characters. If it has two slots, one will definitely be Phen. The other I'm just not sure. o.0 

#11 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Two card slots?  :p_love: I can't wait to play with this thing.

I was actually thinking of saving up and shelling out for an Osiris card, but I'm not sure if I'd equip it on this since I will probably switch it between characters. If it has two slots, one will definitely be Phen. The other I'm just not sure. o.0 

Each amp have one slot, I think she meant by Two amp with one slot ea. 

#12 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

Ahhhhh. Gotcha. XD 

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

Each amp have one slot, I think she meant by Two amp with one slot ea. 

Its not what I meant so much as what I said :P

At any rate, a spare one with a phen might be handy for a few skills for the time being, but for the most part, not that useful. Most Wanderer skills (such as metallic sound) are 100% variable, so 2 amps means instant cast. Also, with the Boots of Time Traveler: Dex, you can actually instant cast pretty much every wanderer skill, even arrow vulcan and severe rainstorm. So there isn't much point to a phen. So this leaves you open to two card slots with your accessories.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of great accessory cards. They all mostly enable level 1 of a useless skill, or some auto-attack effect. I was making most recently a Metallic Sound/Reverb/Arrow Vulcan wanderer that will metallic->AV as a combo to kill things or Metallic->Reverb. That sort of offensive skill casted build doesn't benefit from much of the exisitjng accessory cards on iRO, except as I already pointed out, yoyo card (defensively). Not going to use kafra blossoms on this-- those are more WoE/MVP cards, anyway, and two rare to use on such a class-specific item.

Upcoming cards...? Does anyone have a link to a list?

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

At any rate, a spare one with a phen might be handy for a few skills for the time being, but for the most part, not that useful. Most Wanderer skills (such as metallic sound) are 100% variable, so 2 amps means instant cast. Also, with the Boots of Time Traveler: Dex, you can actually instant cast pretty much every wanderer skill, even arrow vulcan and severe rainstorm. So there isn't much point to a phen. So this leaves you open to two card slots with your accessories.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of great accessory cards. They all mostly enable level 1 of a useless skill, or some auto-attack effect. I was making most recently a Metallic Sound/Reverb/Arrow Vulcan wanderer that will metallic->AV as a combo to kill things or Metallic->Reverb. That sort of offensive skill casted build doesn't benefit from much of the exisitjng accessory cards on iRO, except as I already pointed out, yoyo card (defensively). Not going to use kafra blossoms on this-- those are more WoE/MVP cards, anyway, and two rare to use on such a class-specific item.

Maybe I made it sounds a confusing. Reasoning behind the phen card is mostly because of the time being, since we're not going to have GH instance anytime soon, its good to have one. + also good for ranger. (i thought she got confused with one amp having two slot !(makes it total of 4 slot /slur))

For the upcoming cards, there are some mvp card thats being released, but not so much with regular cards.

#15 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Scaraba dungeon cards are what you are looking for. It should be in one of irowiki's kRO thread.

#16 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yeah I thought one Amp + 2 card slots. I got a little... excited?  :p_laugh: I'm still happy it has a card slot in general though! Now it's only the matter of what to card them with? o.0 Phen is still probably in for one of mine, and if anything is released at a later date that's better, I may try to find a third Amp. One Amp I've decided to just stay uncarded for the time being as well.

#17 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

Never mind on the Phen. o.0 Casting time is now virtually nothing, it's just the after cast delay that gets you.

#18 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

http://forums.irowik...84&postcount=41

#19 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

When will we get this update though?

#20 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

When will we get this update though?

Note that the patch was from 2011. So we should have them in our system, or they just have to ask for it since its outdated. note that eclage came after those.

#21 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

The only way of doing decent damage is with Deep Sleep, which we lost.

Nice of them to put the Amplifiers in, but yeah..

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Wow. I thought cast time was multiplicative. Like, -100% cast time would be Cast time * 0. And then the Phen is Cast time * 0 * 1.25 = 0.

But I put a phen on, and while wearing 2 amps, I have a cast bar. Albeit a very short one. I have a +11 skull cap of caster on, so I assume its doing 100 - 50 - 50 + 25 - 11  = 14% of original cast time.

How lame.

#23 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yeah Phen seems pretty unnecessary. With two sound amps and a KK card, my SR has about a nano-second of a cast bar. Still though, that after cast delay... Ergh. x.x

#24 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Phen adds casting time before the reduction. so you will need slightly more than 100% to get insta cast. its not like -100% is multiply, its additive. 

Edited by CharAznable, 24 August 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#25 Edstyle

Edstyle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:Feeding Homunculus

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

How many of you got SA? Ive tried to hunt that for 6 hours and nothing yet :wah:

Someone know the how many % are the drop rate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users