Bug Update including fixes coming 8.28 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bug Update including fixes coming 8.28

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hey everyone, 

As promised, many bug fixes will be coming with next week's patch. Below is a list of the fixes that are planned for next week. Please do realize that this is not a finalized list, and that changes and updates can still happen. 

General

1. When changing resolution, the UI does not conform to that new resolution and parts of it will be offscreen. 

2. Losing raid and player portrait UI when changing channels or zones. 

3. Automatic looting doesn't work when you hold the right-click button down and have the camera facing a direction away from the monster you are trying to loot. 

4. Dark Illusion giving a "You cannot move to that location" error.

5. Shadow Fiend rank 2 isn't summoning it to do damage. 

6. Boss timers not working correctly. 

7. Mark of Death Rogue skill not useful --> will be changed to a party buff

8. Moonlight Drive does not give combo points, and 3x less chance of triggering Deadly Poison --> will be doubling the skill damage.

10. Players dying and reviving, but appearing as dead bodies. 

11. Players using buffing abilities and jump button to reach parts of map they are not intended to go. 

12. Players showing up as invisible in Colo --> Expected to be fixed 9/11

Culvert of Abyss

1. Improvements to Mini Mongi and Rat Master/Turtle Assassins.

WoE Map

1. WoE Kafra Flight path--> West Barracks from the Prontera Fortress drops players on top of wall. 

2. A siege weapon gets the same buffs as the player inside of it. 

3. Attackers entering WoE from other channels other than 20 will get loading screen but get placed outside the WoE entrance --> 9/11

Bugs still being worked on:

1. Slow Hackshield times

2. Some not getting credited with Daily Attendance rewards

3. If another player dies near a player using Camo or Hiding, the player using Camo or Hiding is removed from being invisible and can be attacked. 

4. Battle Leap skill missing 100% of time

Bugs that need confirmation is still happening:

1. Framerate issues

2. Dungeon Finder placing people who are looking to get into Hard Mode Dungeons into partially or fully complete dungeons. 

3. Bapho and Humbaba resetting too easily

Please also let us know which bugs are still occurring that is not on this list. 

#2 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Culvert of Abyss

1. Improvements to Mini Mongi and Rat Master/Turtle Assassins.

THIS!  :rice:

#3 Mintier

Mintier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMorroc, Channel 13
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

11. Players using buffing abilities and jump button to reach parts of map they are not intended to go. 

WHY, WARPPORTAL, WHY?!?! ;_;

It was like a bonus game to explore the terrain and enjoy views and rendevous' that other people haven't found.

Edited by Mintier, 22 August 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#4 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for delivering Zanbee.

Quite sad that not a single fix for Monk was listed though. I guess I still can't be hyped.

#5 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

Fixing classes that are barely played by a majority is probably low priority for bug fixes anyway.

Still, that'll be one less class complaining if those fixes come in.

#6 Verus

Verus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Excited to know more about the CoA fixes.

#7 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

8. Moonlight Drive does not give combo points, and 3x less chance of triggering Deadly Poison --> will be doubling the skill damage.

holy crap *buys a skill reset*

Edited by mysticalre, 23 August 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#8 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

I don't suppose us poor rogues will be getting a free skill reset :p_sad: ?

I'm glad the DI bug and dead body bug is getting fixed though.

Edited by Gerrr, 23 August 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#9 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

8. Moonlight Drive Dance does not give combo points, and 3x less chance of triggering Deadly Poison --> will be doubling the skill damage.

I see so many people calling it moonlight drive!!!  But look at the skill list!

ScreenCapture_2013_08_23_19_42_43.jpg

that said, I'm happy to see my baby skill being nurtured.  so many rogues have doubted moonlight dance....but i always believed in it!  I never doubted it for a moment!

#10 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Very nice.

#11 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Ahem... I am quite pleased with this update.

I see so many people calling it moonlight drive!!!  But look at the skill list!

that said, I'm happy to see my baby skill being nurtured.  so many rogues have doubted moonlight dance....but i always believed in it!  I never doubted it for a moment!

I never really hated it in the first place! It was the one that goes by the forum name of "Leinzan" that tricked me into betraying my first love! :thumb2:

Edited by ZT0100, 24 August 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#12 RyeAkai

RyeAkai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

If MD crits while hiding, it will be just stupid... that's A LOT of damage.

#13 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

doubling the skill damage.

Behind the scenes picture of this change being implemented.

2zsa9jr.jpg

#14 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

I already have it back tho, and Im very happy doing my 10 THOUSAND STRIKE!! on both PvE and PvP, quite often at that... and now you tell me I'll be able to do a 20 THOUSAND STRIKE?!

Ok, I accept it wholeheartidly XD!!

Damn... gotta break my head on the skill simulator for a whole morning again...

#15 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

Now if only we got 2x damage for Shield Cannon...

#16 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

Looks like my Rogue will be resetting back to her old build for MoD... Screw sins and their new Shadow Form. Free reset scroll plz (even cheapo [redacted]RO2 gave out resets for sorcs when they got nerfed).

NOW GIVE WARRIORS A 30% MOVE SPEED BUFF ON BERSERK  :p_idea:  They have no ranged attack and Battle Leap can't hit crap on moving targets since devs made it travel slower and also position lag.

Complain more  :heh:

4. Battle Leap skill missing 100% of time

Not sure what's happening here..

Edited by Chocs, 24 August 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#17 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Please also let us know which bugs are still occurring that is not on this list. 

Sorc

- ppl and mobs can turn around being under Frost Drive effect (old bug)

- new for me from yesterday colo : ppl keep even moving being under Frost Drive(like mobs do it before) maybe its also
   old bug, but I faced it only yesterday and it happens 4times/1colo on rangers/sins

- Varetyr Spear Cd not shows if u use it right before target/yours death : skill dont shoot,but u got CD anyway and its not shows

#18 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

220% moonlight dance and two party buffs? So.. where are the sin buffs? I always believed melee DPS should be able to outdamage ranged and it's welcome to see that but sin needs some damage boosts too in that case. The only thing we actually have over Rogue is the speed bonus and shadow assault (whose uses are very limited in raids) -- with two party buffs nobody is ever going to want a sin over a rogue in their raids.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 24 August 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#19 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Bugs that need confirmation is still happening:

1. Framerate issues

This is still happening (for myself and others I've talked to). Since the WoE patch a month ago, my framerate never went back to normal. In areas where I used to have ~30, I now have less than 10; I can barely look at the centre of the Colo arena without it dropping to below 5.

#20 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

- ppl and mobs can turn around being under Frost Drive effect (old bug)

This is a bug? Everyone was complaining when you couldn't turn around under Frost Driver. I'm glad they fixed it, it was pretty op for a sorc to freeze you and just move behind while you waited to die.

#21 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

This is a bug? Everyone was complaining when you couldn't turn around under Frost Driver. I'm glad they fixed it, it was pretty op for a sorc to freeze you and just move behind while you waited to die.

As I get it for this description, «Frost Driver» is intended to stop you and make you unable to turn around.

If you are able to turn around, then its bugged.

#22 RyeAkai

RyeAkai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

220% moonlight dance and two party buffs? So.. where are the sin buffs? I always believed melee DPS should be able to outdamage ranged and it's welcome to see that but sin needs some damage boosts too in that case. The only thing we actually have over Rogue is the speed bonus and shadow assault (whose uses are very limited in raids) -- with two party buffs nobody is ever going to want a sin over a rogue in their raids.

I completely agree with this comment.

I'm honestly happy to see how Rogues will be much more useful now. This game, until now, has been a clear problem for MDPS, but with the rogue hitting so much and giving two party buffs, well, people will actually want a Rogue in their raids. Before this, it's like the raid is making a favor to the melee DPS by letting him in or something.

Problem is... why would I want an Assassin on my raid now? Why would I choose an Assassin over a rogue. Assassin still has Shadow Armor, which is nice, but I don't think many people will want an Assa over a rogue who can give 10% atk bonus AND that now has a Moolight Dance that is really worth it for burst damage.

Oh well, at least this is a first step for improving the melee DPS characters, which I think it's clearly needed.

#23 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

I definitely like and support this improvement to Rogues, but like others I'm concerned about the imminent overshadowing effect this will have on Assassins. With MoD changed and MD doubled, there is no advantage in choosing Assassins over Rogues in terms of raids or anything outside of PvP.

Would Assassins see improvements in the future as well? I find it quite unfair that melee classes are far less considered than ranged ones when choosing raid members, and that their disadvantages are even more visible when it comes to PvP.

#24 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Assassins are meant to be better at PvP and worse at PvE than rogues though. Rogues still had better damage in raids than sins before these changes, so what's the problem?

#25 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

So could this be the start of class balancing? I really don't like how powerful MD is gonna be, but as long as other classes get adjusted, then that's totally fine. Hoping for Aura Heal to become not completely useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users